• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Winston Reid

Ffs we should be replacing Vertonghen and Fazio as first choice not bringing a new 5th choice defender.

If we want a cheap top premier league experienced centre half get Fonte from Southampton.

How many players better then fazio or vertonghen do u know with only 6 months left on their contracts cos that unfortunately is how mr levy is now identifying our targets, not on ability and not on who our manager wants but on players contract situations.

How many players better then fazio or vertonghen do u know with only 6 months left on their contracts cos that unfortunately is how mr levy is now identifying our targets, not on ability and not on who our manager wants but on players contract situations.

You know this how?

It would be worth it to watch him flop there.
Why do you think he would flop there? He would be an able deputy/replacement for Mertesacker. He is positionally good, physically equipped to play in the PL (as he has proven at West Ham) and is also much quicker than Mertesacker.

Also the player denied the Mirror story about him wanting to go to Arsenal on Twitter today

Whoever Wrote that story of me today is not true. Well done

— Winston Reid (@WinstonReid2) Jan 20, 2015

Last edited:
Why do you think he would flop there? He would be an able deputy/replacement for Mertesacker. He is positionally good, physically equipped to play in the PL (as he has proven at West Ham) and is also much quicker than Mertesacker.

Because he can't pass the ball. He's just the antithesis of a Wenger player.

and i would add that arsenal have had plenty of players who werent great passers over the years. the majority of the arsenal players are so good at passing that they can carry and mask the lack of passing ability of one or two of their players. mertesacker doesnt seem a good passer, and i dont think sol campbell was the best either. from the little i have seen of reid, i dont believe that he is any worse at passing than these two.

There was an article somewhere about Arsenals new Brazilian CB Paulista. They were saying he's ok (tall and quick) but his passing is not very good. Made me laugh and think of this thread.

I wonder where Winston Reid will end up now?

There was an article somewhere about Arsenals new Brazilian CB Paulista. They were saying he's ok (tall and quick) but his passing is not very good. Made me laugh and think of this thread.

I wonder where Winston Reid will end up now?

whatever happened to brazilian football ? used to be they were the only ones to pass it on the ground o_O

We do look like Reids most likely destination now. I was sure it was the arse but with them buying this Brazilian he looks set for us IMO

By the way has anyone actually seen much of Paulista???

Ive not but Brazil really are struggling for defenders of any basic quality now and he can't get in that squad so you have to wonder

Would be perfect for Everton. They desperately need new CBs, but haven't got much to spend. Brenton also likes to collect them.

I am not a fan and ( imo) he is not a upgrade on what we already have.

It would be another financial signing - a Pienaar or a Holtby.

Get rid of Chiriches and Kaboul for £10m and get Reid in for free. Swap your 4th and 5th CBs for a new 4th one. Then in 2 years' time we'll sell him back to where he came from (mid table, if not directly West Ham).

At least with Verts, Fazio and Dier, we already have 3 very good CBs ahead of him.

His agent won't go for anything under 60K a week IMO. How on earth would we then get rid of a defender on that money when only bottom half sides would be interested? For that reason alone I'd steer well clear.

Get rid of Chiriches and Kaboul for £10m and get Reid in for free. Swap your 4th and 5th CBs for a new 4th one. Then in 2 years' time we'll sell him back to where he came from (mid table, if not directly West Ham).

At least with Verts, Fazio and Dier, we already have 3 very good CBs ahead of him.

I think that he is better than you give him credit for.

He is currently better than Dier and close to, or perhaps even better than, Fazio.

I think that he is better than you give him credit for.

If we're after a defender of his ilk, I'd prefer Dawson from Hull.

One thing that is so good about Fazio is how good he is on the ball for a big guy. It's essential for Poch's system that our defenders are comfortable in possession and can move the ball quickly. Reid has none of those attributes.

Back