• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Winston Reid

http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=141721&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=280

I seem to recall certain posters telling me players would really want to play in our new stadium - it was going to be a key factor in the club they chose .

You don't wear down your contract and go to Spurs for nothing.

That's not cool.

would be a shame - Arsenal is ok, but not mid-table Spurs - come on Winston sort yer self out man

F**k him...I cant wait for big Andy to smash him and soppy Spurs. next season

Let's calm down this is only speculation at the minute, though if he does end up going Spurs I will be gutted.

If Sp*rs were one of the front runners to win the League or regularly in Champions League, I could understand it..but they are well off at the moment imo.He might as well join Southampton because they are closer to Champions Lge football than Sp*rs.

If he goes there then it's a pure & simple 'money grab'.

Winston you know the hate between us + Sp*rs, you cannot go to them bunch of *****

What could he possibly gain by going to Spurs? Surely we can match their money. If it was one of the big 4 you could thank him for his efforts and wish him well but Tottenham is, at best, a sideways move. Still I am not too worried as he is a good but not great player and replaceable. I would prefer him to stay but I am sure we have been scouting for his position. A shame if the story is true.

You've only got to look at his last few appearances to know that Reid makes just as many mistakes as they other CHs we have.

At best a sideways move, lol.

I've kind of gone off the idea of signing players unless they're kids.

Ffs we should be replacing Vertonghen and Fazio as first choice not bringing a new 5th choice defender.

If we want a cheap top premier league experienced centre half get Fonte from Southampton.

Yeah, me too.

Reid would just be deadwood like Kaboul and Chiriches within 12 months. Better to back Dier and Veljkovic

I think its more of a Kaboul out, Reid in, strait swap, no real net spend, we get cover and get rid of a potential squad issue.

I think its more of a Kaboul out, Reid in, strait swap, no real net spend, we get cover and get rid of a potential squad issue.

We currently have 5 senior CBs + 1 who will likely be in contention by next season. You only really need 4, so we could definitely shed one and not replace them.

Our squad is about 10 players net too many. We also have a couple of O/S players above the limit, so Reid being another O/S may even struggle to make the cut.

We currently have 5 senior CBs + 1 who will likely be in contention by next season. You only really need 4, so we could definitely shed one and not replace them.

Our squad is about 10 players net too many. We also have a couple of O/S players above the limit, so Reid being another O/S may even struggle to make the cut.
We currently have 2 plus Chiriches (turd) and Kaboul (worse than turd). After that we're down to young 'maybes'

Ffs we should be replacing Vertonghen and Fazio as first choice not bringing a new 5th choice defender.

If we want a cheap top premier league experienced centre half get Fonte from Southampton.

You really think he'd be cheap? No chance, this season especially he has become very well regarded, I haven't seen Southampton enough to realy make a judgement but his stock has risen considerably after Lovren's departure.

So we buy another Capoue or Paulinho, instead of backing another Bentaleb or Mason?

In case you hadn't noticed Reid has already proven that he is a good defender in the Premiership. Capoue and Paulinho (to use your two examples) hadn't proven that they could play outside the comfort of their own countries. If we were talking about Moreno here you'd probably be all over it, despite the fact that he possibly isn't physically equipped to play in the PL and even if he could overcome that might simply not be suited.

We could bring in Reid, release Kaboul, sell Chiriches and we would've instantly reduced our wage bill, brought in transfer funds and (above all) improved our squad significantly.

Dier and Veljkovic are fine as our 4th/5th choice young options who can gain experience alongside one of the more experienced players in Cup competitions or even play together in ones that are likely to be very easy. I wouldn't want either to be starting against one of the top 4 clubs yet though and we're only one injury away from that really (when you consider that Kaboul and Chiriches have to go).

I also think that centre half is a position where experience counts and think a 3rd central defender who has this would be a bonus.

And don't forget we could get Reid for free... and then sell him for £8m to .... drum roll please... West Ham :D

Back