• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Winston Reid

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
Tottenham happy to agree Winston Reid's terms to beat Arsenal to West Ham defender's signature

Centre-back is out of contract in six months and Spurs are willing to offer him the £60,000 a week and signing-on fee he wants to join in the summer on a free transfer

Tottenham Hotspur are ready to match Winston Reid’s demands in a bid to beat rivals Arsenal to the West Ham United defender’s signature.
Reid’s Upton Park contract expires at the end of the season and he has refused to sign a new deal, prompting fears that there is already a gentleman’s agreement in place with another club.

Arsenal are keen to sign Reid for a cut-price £3 million this month, but West Ham would rather let the New Zealand international leave for free at the end of the season than sell him at a reduced rate.

That has left the door open for Spurs to try to reach an agreement to sign Reid in the summer and the club are understood to be willing to give the 26-year-old what he wants.

Reid is looking for a contract worth £60,000-a-week, plus a £1 million signing on fee. He would also be offered a better chance of first-team football at White Hart Lane.

Former head coach Tim Sherwood first identified Reid as a target last season and Spurs have kept track of him ever since.
Liverpool and Everton are also preparing offers for Reid, but Tottenham believe they can see off competition for the player.

Tottenham will help make room for Reid in their squad by trying to sell Besiktas target Younès Kaboul this month.

West Ham’s determination not to sell Reid on the cheap in January has forced Arsenal to look at other defensive targets as manager Arsène Wenger tries to sign two players to boost his side’s Champions League qualification hopes.
With Jack Wheelchair still two weeks away from returning to full training and Mikel Arteta not expected to return this month, Wenger would ideally like a defender and a midfielder.

With Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin, who is also wanted by Spurs, a target for the summer, Arsenal will look at loan options to cover their midfield shortage, while Ilkay Gundogan’s contract situation at Borussia Dortmund is being monitored.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-Arsenal-to-West-Ham-defenders-signature.html

His agent at work no doubt. Bottom half player.
He is better than that. A very good defender. It was him coming back last year that turned West Ham's fortunes around I thought and he has carried on this season very impressively. Only a 13 million quid package over 4 years for him is a bargain.

Would much rather Schar on a free. If not, Reid is fine to replace Kaboul.

Would have liked both of the tbh, but that would ruin Diers chances - don't want that. To be fair, Reid is used to PL, and has done well since he came back from injury. Schar is a bigger talent, but I would rather have Reid.

Would much rather Schar on a free. If not, Reid is fine to replace Kaboul.

Doesn't Schar have persistent injury problems though? I have liked the little I have seen of him however.

One advantage with Reid is that we know he can defend in the PL.

Reid would be 3rd in line and would seriously challenge the two first choices as well. Miles better than Dier right now and light years ahead of Chiriches.

His agent at work no doubt. Bottom half player.

Lol behave. He is a very good defender already and will only improve at a better team. Would easily be first choice back up,if not better...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Lol behave. He is a very good defender already and will only improve at a better team. Would easily be first choice back up,if not better...

Sent from my Magellanic flightless steamer duck using Rufous gnateater

And more importantly it will annoy the Spammers.

On paper should be a solid choice for back up. Knows the league and is already based in London so settling in should be smooth.

Assume he counts towards our home grown quota?

Is he better than Caulker? honest question, because people are describing him with what sounds like similar attributes.

I wouldnt assume he would come here as back up, lets not forget hes a very good proven defender in this league. Id suggest he is a better defender than Vertonghen, and as it stands a better player than Fazio - after fully acclimatising Fazio might prove to be better, who knows. But I do think some are overestimating how good our CBs are, we have a consistent partnership now but between the pair of them they still consistently make mistakes and we concede a lot of goals (many not directly down to them granted). Reid is a more reliable CB than either of our current first choice....

Back