• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wilmar Barrios

If that is the sort of player people think we need they really don't understand anything about football or our club, he's an aggressive little player with limited passing skills, dozens of them playing in the lower leagues.

If that is the sort of player people think we need they really don't understand anything about football or our club, he's an aggressive little player with limited passing skills, dozens of them playing in the lower leagues.
You’re judging all this on a couple of World Cup appearances. Whereas Diers passing has looked brilliant.....

You’re judging all this on a couple of World Cup appearances. Whereas Diers passing has looked brilliant.....

Unlike judging players by 3 min you tube videos, I've seen Dier play for 3 seasons and although he's not been at his best for the last couple of months I'd have him over this bloke everyday of the week. It's nice to see who next season's "Sissoko" is going to be.

He should have been off, but then Henderson get hit on the chin and goes down holding his forehead probably saved him.

Unlike judging players by 3 min you tube videos, I've seen Dier play for 3 seasons and although he's not been at his best for the last couple of months I'd have him over this bloke everyday of the week. It's nice to see who next season's "Sissoko" is going to be.
That’s the point, Dier has been poor this tournament but we know better. So how you can make conclusions on a player you’ve seen next to nothing of bar a couple of World Cup games is beyond me. Aside from that, he looks like a Poch player anyway from the little I have seen. He gets around the pitch and is aggressive, exactly the sort of DM Poch would want.....

That’s the point, Dier has been poor this tournament but we know better. So how you can make conclusions on a player you’ve seen next to nothing of bar a couple of World Cup games is beyond me. Aside from that, he looks like a Poch player anyway from the little I have seen. He gets around the pitch and is aggressive, exactly the sort of DM Poch would want.....

Fine If you're happy to have a player who needs to be "coached" not to commit stupid fouls and can't pass water, but that not progression to me and as I said plenty like him about, he could be our Noble.

Right, sorry

Personally I think Dier is fantastically. He's just showing the 60 games he's already played this season because Wanyama's injury/slow return didn't enable us to rotate him much

I believe he's a very good player and always plays for the team, really showed some balls last night. He would be my choice as captain, what annoys me is as soon as a player has a dip in form the knives come out, people just dont understand you have to play your way out of a poor run and as there is no reserve football its difficult to solve that problem.

I think it's just fatigue. He's spoke before about how 2015/16 season followed by the Euros really affected him at the start of 16/17

He's literally only missed 7 league games for us in the past 3 season

Fine If you're happy to have a player who needs to be "coached" not to commit stupid fouls and can't pass water, but that not progression to me and as I said plenty like him about, he could be our Noble.
Who says he needs to be coached not to commit stupid fouls? Columbia were clearly told to rough England up and he did as such and was an annoyance for England as he was everywhere. As for his passing he gave it simple which is all he needs to do as a holding player at our team, we have enough creativity further up the pitch if you need your DM to be doing elaborate passes I’d be concerned....

Playing for his country where they all practise the dark arts in the game does not mean he can not play, IF Poch can see something in him and decides to want him i dare say there is more to his game.

My reference was more aimed at Dier as the player who must be dumped on next season.
What on Earth are you going on about, Dier isn’t being dumped on. He’s used as an example as a player who you shouldn’t judge based on his World Cup performances, if you don’t get the reference at least don’t turn it into something it’s not....

if Poch wants him, we’ll have done proper due diligence. If he doesn’t, then it’s all irrelevant anyway!

Although buying Sissoko sh1ts all over my own argument I guess :)

Playing for his country where they all practise the dark arts in the game does not mean he can not play, IF Poch can see something in him and decides to want him i dare say there is more to his game.

I expect he would have demonstrated his ability to play a 20 yard pass by now if he does indeed possess it

I expect he would have demonstrated his ability to play a 20 yard pass by now if he does indeed possess it

Well to be honest mate i have not seen that much of him to comment ( sounds like you have?), but if Poch IS interested in him then i would bow to his judgement.

Back