• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Willian

I'm not sure why all the hate for Willian.

He's been offered the chance to join Chelsea - Champions League, Europa Cup, FA Cup, League winning Chelsea.

Ah yes, then there's Mourinho, the highest profile manager in the world, and more money.

He's expected to turn them down because there are a few players in his way?

Don't be so blinded to think this is "purely about the money" - he's going to be part, and a big part, of a massively successful Chelsea side.

Anyone with ambition would make the same decision. To join Spurs would be the wrong decision in every sense, let's face it. If it doesn't work out, for whatever reason, he's earned a hell of a lot, got experience at playing for a massive club, and can then move onto a club at our level, and be better for it.

yeah because were happy to pay for his expenses while Chelsea show the world their muscle and mourinho and media chums have a good laugh.

I know this is football, I know these things can happen. because im normal I would never sent twitter abuse to a player or anything like that....but I can understand why spurs fans are showing some hate. I don't condone it but I understand it.

yes Chelsea can offer all the things you outlined......how about he signed for spurs and made them push for trophies he could show the world what a great player he is by bringing the team from also rans to success. while also showing the Brazilian manager he was serious about a world cup place by playing regulary.

I don't really want to think about Chelsea at the moment.....but I do believe its about the money/agent.

Im not that fussed we have not signed him, the only thing that riles me is that we have been made to look like dingdongs, wrong as that may be. Chelsea have undermined AVB and Spurs as a club. Of course, we can all sprout on here that we didnt need him anyway and that its a lucky escape to not be tied to his agent, but the simple truth is that we have been shafted and are back to square one. We dont have "that" much time left and I would say to everyone expecting a ready made replacement, to be disappointed.

Agree with a large part of that. My irritation is not that I think Willian is great value at 30m but he is better than we've got and would have helped us challenge the top 3. The problem is that this class of player aren't that common and with 10 days of the window left, finding another in addition to tying up the Romanian, a lb and Lamela is looking tight.

For another club to sell a Willian standard player now, they'd want to be able to get a replacement in, which again is a challenge because of timing.

its all very well selling bale for 90m but if we can't spend the money because there's not enough time left (due to the Willian deal collapsing) then we're no further forward

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/23/tottenham-chelsea-willian

Tottenham express outrage after Chelsea hijack Willian transfer
• Tottenham accuse rivals of waging a vendetta over £32m deal
• Roman Abramovich made personal call to Anzhi's owner

José Mourinho made little attempt to hide his delight at hijacking Tottenham Hotspur's move for Willian as the north London club raged behind the scenes about Chelsea's £32m capture of the Anzhi Makhachkala forward representing a vendetta against them.

Chelsea are confident that they will complete the transfer next week, subject to the Brazilian being granted a work permit, after the club's owner, Roman Abramovich, made a personal call to his fellow Russian oligarch, Suleyman Kerimov, the Anzhi owner.

Tottenham, who had seen off competition from Liverpool, thought that Willian was about to sign for them in a £30m deal after he completed a medical on Thursday. However, Abramovich finessed his contact with Kerimov and, to Tottenham's fury, Willian was on his way to Stamford Bridge, albeit for a slightly higher price. Tottenham, Mourinho suggested, had paid the price for not doing the medical "in secret".

The Tottenham manager, André Villas-Boas, who made an unsuccessful move for Willian in January, before the 25-year-old left Shakhtar Donetsk for Anzhi for £30m, had intended to make the player his principal threat in the line behind the striker; somebody to offset the anticipated departure of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid. Tottenham have now intensified their efforts to finalise a deal for Roma's £25m-rated forward Erik Lamela. That is understood to be close.

In the wake of Willian's U-turn, the complaints from White Hart Lane were loud and sustained. Daniel Levy, the chairman, was, according to sources, incandescent and there is the firm belief at Tottenham that Chelsea did not truly want Willian. Instead Tottenham feel that they have moved for him purely to prevent Villas-Boas from constructing a squad to challenge them in the Premier League this season. Chelsea deny this and insist they have always had an interest in Willian.

Tottenham also feel that Willian had no say in the transfer, that it was down purely to Abramovich, Kerimov and the player's advisers. Mourinho already has an abundance of options for the positions behind the striker, in the form of Eden Hazard, Oscar, André Schürrle, Juan Mata, Kevin De Bruyne and Victor Moses, and this has only increased the sense at Tottenham that Willian is not really needed at Chelsea.

The bad blood between the clubs was evident two summers ago, when Levy refused to sell Luka Modric to Chelsea in the face of a £40m offer and the midfielder's desire to go. Abramovich does not like Levy, while there is friction between Mourinho and Villas-Boas. They worked together at Porto, Chelsea and Internazionale but the relationship has soured. Their rivalry this season will be intense.

Chelsea strongly dispute Tottenham's version of events. They maintain that there is nothing underhand about their actions and it is understood that they have been looking at Willian long before this summer, almost signing him from Shakhtar two seasons ago. Although they were unable to reach a consensus over his value then, they have continued to target him and were considering making a bid earlier this summer. In the end it was Tottenham's proactivity that sparked Chelsea into action.

Mourinho's gloating will have done little to soothe Tottenham's anger. Rather than apologise for disrupting their plans, he revelled in snatching Willian from under their noses. He was initially vague, simply saying that he believed that the player had made his decision but when he was asked if that meant that Willian had chosen Chelsea, he made no effort to keep up the pretence. Instead he laughed and nodded.

Mourinho, who still wants to sign Wayne Rooney from Manchester United, said that the episode highlighted the danger of clubs conducting medicals before a contract has been signed, adding that this is why he prefers transfers to be done in secret. "That's the danger of medicals before contracts but, at the same time, if the contract and the medical after sometimes you can have a problem before signing a player so you have to do the medical before," Mourinho said. "The best thing you can do is do the medical in secret. The player is fine, you can sign him. The player is not fine, you don't destroy his career by saying the player has problems, so you do it in secret and after that sign the contract with the club and the player. Sometimes you don't make it. Sometimes you guys have great sources, find everything, but that's the risk."

The former Real Madrid manager was unable to resist one last dig at Tottenham. Asked whether he expected the deal to be completed without any complications, a mischievous grin spread across his face. "We have to do a medical," he said.

Mourinho did, however, sound a word of caution. "I don't like to speak before time because football can be crazy and this is the problem when we speak a lot about names and transfers," he said. "Sometimes it looks like he is but it isn't. But I know what the player wants, so we cannot hide."

Chelsea will have a surplus of attacking midfielders once Willian arrives and Mourinho, who wants a 22-man squad, said that players will leave before the transfer window shuts. However, while Demba Ba and Moses are potential casualties, Mourinho said Mata will not be sold, despite doubts remaining over the Spaniard's future at Stamford Bridge.

"He's a player we all like, he's a player we all want to keep," Mourinho said. "We want more quality in the team, we don't want less quality. We want to add quality to the quality we have. So Juan is not a player we want to lose. The point is not to sell, the point is I want a 22-player squad. So if somebody comes, do we need to sell? No, we don't. Do we need to loan? Probably yes because I don't like to work with big squads. I think 22 is a perfect number to answer to our needs in four competitions."

Despite that, Chelsea will still press ahead with their attempt to sign Rooney, which will add to the intrigue when they face United at Old Trafford on Monday night. United have already rejected two bids from Chelsea for the unsettled striker and Mourinho has said that he will wait until after Monday to make a third offer.

However, he rejected suggestions it would be strange to watch Rooney against his side. "I played against him with Real Madrid, with Chelsea and with Inter and the emotion is we have to be worried with a good player, but no more than that," he said.

He's been offered the chance to join Chelsea - Champions League, Europa Cup, FA Cup, League winning Chelsea.

Ah yes, then there's Mourinho, the highest profile manager in the world, and more money.

Don't be so blinded to think this is "purely about the money" - he's going to be part, and a big part, of a massively successful Chelsea side.

Anyone with ambition would make the same decision. To join Spurs would be the wrong decision in every sense, let's face it. If it doesn't work out, for whatever reason, he's earned a hell of a lot, got experience at playing for a massive club, and can then move onto a club at our level, and be better for it.

am not even ****ed at willian

am ****ed at the ITKs at getting my hopes up

We know that he'll start against us. I'd get to a point where we are beating them by 3 goals and then get Dawson, Kaboul and Sandro to kick him to pieces.

Can someone explain me how is it possible that a player has no say in a transfer?

A gun was pointed to his head when he signed for Anzhi and now for Chelsea?

Can someone explain me how is it possible that a player has no say in a transfer?

A gun was pointed to his head when he signed for Anzhi and now for Chelsea?

Depends on his contract with his agent. Word was that Falcao's agent was the reason for his move to Monaco.

You know what? I'd partially agree with you if the player/agent hadn't gone to the lodge, done the medical, etc, etc...one thing which really annoys me is that now, this player has an inside track on all our forthcoming plans for the season. Mourinho now has proper inside info. Frankly, and I'm not one to wish this usually, but if he dares step onto our pitch for them I hope he gets a massive, old-schoold reducer early on which forces him off the pitch and that **** Mourinho off his **** and onto the touchline. He apparently thinks physicality is legit (ergo Ivanovic on Benteke) so I hope we absolutely kick the **** out of them when they come to us.

As for the 'ambition' point you raised, he's certainly showing lots of ambition by being a squad player in a World Cup year versus a starter with central purpose in a World Cup year for a club with major motion and profile. Nah...this is about money and how it's paid.

am not even ****ed at willian

am ****ed at the ITKs at getting my hopes up

Why?
Why do you bother reading them if they're going to do this to you? With regards to this deal, you do know that your hopes being raised are the least of it compared to that of the club officials who were there when he did his medical and papers were drawn up. I'd say THEIR anger is a little greater than yours right now.

Mate...you should not read ITK in my opinion. It doesn't do your soul well by the looks of things...

**** Mourinho, **** Chelsea and **** Willian, everyone of them is overrated.

We will carry on being well run Spurs who will be Champions League regulars / Title Challengers in the next 5 years without some jumped up overpriced money grabbing Brazilian.

In Levy / AVB / Baldini We Trust COYFS!

You know what guys, I've just watched this Mourinho press conference and while for about 2 seconds I boiled with anger at the **** arrogance of the man, the way he beams with pride because his Ogliarch owner is able to throw any money at any situation in order to beat down his competition...I then realised something.

We are ****ing close guys. Mourinho was trying to paint us as the amateurs, not able to close a deal when it's pretty obvious it was us doing the leaking about anything, the club is notorious for keeping things back. No; what was actually happening was Mourinho in full 'mind games' mode to try and influence the press and spin a story his way, and badly for us. If we were not a threat, he wouldn't even bother. The fact that he feels the need, shows that we are some sort of influence on his thinking.

And this is the attitude the club needs to take. Suck it up, don't now act with anger because it will distort our thinking. Mourinho is trying to rile us up to do something stupid if he can help it along but we have to keep doing what we are doing. Get Lamela sorted, and move on to the bext target. There simply has to be someone out there that can do as good a job as Willian for the money we were going to pay.

And so our progress can still continue. Any signing in Willian's position can improve us, and move us up a level. Willian doesn't move Chelsea up a level, and only marginally improves their squad. They've spent 30 million to sign someone so we can't have them. So if we can sign someone just as good we can make that step up to them.

Chelsea now have A stupid amount of attacking midfielders, and I don't believe it's as easy as having 2 good players for every position. It isn't Football Manager, and certain players don't expect to be rotated. Schurrle would have come on the prospect of regular football. De Bruyne will have had enough of the loans by now. Even if Moses goes, you have Mata, Oscar and Hazard. There is genuine potential for discontent here, because I can't think of an example where so many players of a similar standing of that level, have been in the same squad before. Can it really work? Someone is going to have to miss out.

GHod I hate Mourinho and the constant fawning over him, where everything he says is part of some incredible psychological ploy -- instead of him just being a complete bellend with a huge ego. "Oh but he's so clever, creating that siege mentality, he's got a degree you know..." F**K THAT, HE'S A C**T, WHO LOVES HIMSELF!

F*ck 'em. There's plenty of other players out there and we are going along nicely. Chelsea aren't exactly setting the world alight, considering "TEH MESSIAH!" has returned.

edit coz I can't spell "psychological"!

Last edited:
GHod I hate Mourinho and the constant fawning over him, where everything he says is part of some incredible physiological ploy -- instead of him just being a complete bellend with a huge ego. "Oh but he's so clever, creating that siege mentality, he's got a degree you know..." F**K THAT, HE'S A C**T, WHO LOVES HIMSELF!

F*ck 'em. There's plenty of other players out there and we are going along nicely. Chelsea aren't exactly setting the world alight, considering "TEH MESSIAH!" has returned.

He's also a lying ****. he said something about doing medicals in private...stupid ****...this one could've been done in a lockdown facitily, the fact that the agent turned around and ****ed with everything/made phone calls and prompted Abramovich to make one would've happened anyway. The *******. He knows it too.

Just two days ago he was talking about respect and the ways about doing things when not bidding for Rooney again until after the UTD game. Clearly it was a dig at Wenger and there day of game Cabaye bid.

I hope levy has some cunning rule changes about loaning coming for the next chairmans meeting.

Just two days ago he was talking about respect and the ways about doing things when not bidding for Rooney again until after the UTD game. Clearly it was a dig at Wenger and there day of game Cabaye bid.

I hope levy has some cunning rule changes about loaning coming for the next chairmans meeting.

That was just a more disrespect by blatantly saying we're gonna bid for your player again. He knows Moyes wont risk playing Rooney against them now.

You know what guys, I've just watched this Mourinho press conference and while for about 2 seconds I boiled with anger at the **** arrogance of the man, the way he beams with pride because his Ogliarch owner is able to throw any money at any situation in order to beat down his competition...I then realised something.

We are ****ing close guys. Mourinho was trying to paint us as the amateurs, not able to close a deal when it's pretty obvious it was us doing the leaking about anything, the club is notorious for keeping things back. No; what was actually happening was Mourinho in full 'mind games' mode to try and influence the press and spin a story his way, and badly for us. If we were not a threat, he wouldn't even bother. The fact that he feels the need, shows that we are some sort of influence on his thinking.

And this is the attitude the club needs to take. Suck it up, don't now act with anger because it will distort our thinking. Mourinho is trying to rile us up to do something stupid if he can help it along but we have to keep doing what we are doing. Get Lamela sorted, and move on to the bext target. There simply has to be someone out there that can do as good a job as Willian for the money we were going to pay.

And so our progress can still continue. Any signing in Willian's position can improve us, and move us up a level. Willian doesn't move Chelsea up a level, and only marginally improves their squad. They've spent 30 million to sign someone so we can't have them. So if we can sign someone just as good we can make that step up to them.

Chelsea now have A stupid amount of attacking midfielders, and I don't believe it's as easy as having 2 good players for every position. It isn't Football Manager, and certain players don't expect to be rotated. Schurrle would have come on the prospect of regular football. De Bruyne will have had enough of the loans by now. Even if Moses goes, you have Mata, Oscar and Hazard. There is genuine potential for discontent here, because I can't think of an example where so many players of a similar standing of that level, have been in the same squad before. Can it really work? Someone is going to have to miss out.

=D> =D>

Brilliantly put.

We shouldn't just offer a wry smile whilst being rogered.

We need to reach around and squeeze those balls hard. Bring in someone that will tell them that we are up for this in a big way.

Back