• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Willian

Krankie was very good for Spurs. Not everyone is quick or needs to be quick.

True, but the only thing that seperated him form being wold class was his lack of speed (and work rate). Sad to see him leave though, as he was my favourite player.

Shakhtar Donetsk's Brazilian star Willian is interested in a move to the Premier League within the next six months.

The 24-year-old attacking midfielder was wanted by Andre Villas-Boas during the Portuguese's brief tenure as Chelsea boss, but a transfer to Stamford Bridge two summers ago failed to materialise.

Willian has remained with the upwardly-moving Ukrainian club, making more than 150 appearances since 2007, and was part of the side that knocked Chelsea out of the Champions League last month.

With the January transfer window open, Villas-Boas, now head coach at Tottenham Hotspur, is again being linked with the former Corinthians man, while Chelsea remain keen on the player along with their London rivals Arsenal and Premier League leaders Manchester United.

And Willian, speaking exclusively in the February 2013 issue of FourFourTwo, out now, says he is ready to move away from Eastern Europe and test himself in England.

"Oh, I want to. I hope so. I hope to move there. Maybe next season, or even this month, but it's difficult to say anything because I'm totally focused on my work here, and I prefer not to lose my grip. Who knows, maybe I'll get offers not only from clubs in England but teams from other countries too. Let's see what happens.

"I think I could well be playing there [Chelsea] with [compatriot] Oscar, but I'm trying to concentrate on my game at Shakhtar and forget about the offers."

Willian, who joined Shakhtar for $19 million on a five-year contract in 2007 and has gone on to win four Ukrainian Premier League titles, the Ukrainian Cup on three occasions as well as the UEFA Cup, has also distanced himself from claims by Donetsk team-mate and ex-Arsenal goal-getter Eduardo that there are only three English clubs 'good enough' for Willian: Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

"Absolutely not. Tottenham are a big team with a great structure and great players too. I would rate them with Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United."

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/116899/default.aspx

Really cant see us spending £20m on a player in Jan. think we'll spend £10m max, perhaps even as low as £5m or just a loan or two

Well, even if we'll never get him (Chelski are still collecting midfielders, I hear), it's always nice to hear professional footballers name us as equals to Arse, Manure and the small club from Fulham. But I suppose he doesn't mean our wage structure is great...once he finds out about that, he'll be off to where the grass is greener.

Just can't see us signing him for anything less than £20m and they want more than that right?

Would like us to sign him, another weapon in attack, competition on the wings.

Just can't see us signing him for anything less than £20m and they want more than that right?

Would like us to sign him, another weapon in attack, competition on the wings.

He'll be available on a pre-contract in a year's time, so I think we'll just bide our time (and see what happens with Bale n the summer too)

He'll be available on a pre-contract in a year's time, so I think we'll just bide our time (and see what happens with Bale n the summer too)

Sounds plausible, although I think other clubs might snap him up in the summer. I Really hope Shakhtar will lower their asking price this january.

Shakhtar are apparently close to signing Taison which some are arguing is possible replacement for Willian

Last edited:
'kin hell imagine if Shakhtar can beat Chelsea to a deal - what kind of pessos we're talking about there

Strongly doubt they'd let Willian go on the cheap

'kin hell imagine if Shakhtar can beat Chelsea to a deal - what kind of pessos we're talking about there

Or maybe the Taison to Chelsea rumours were largely overstated in the press?

On the cheap? Clearly not. But with a year and a half left on his contract they aren't in a very strong position in negotiations and they have signed a reasonable replacement...

Watch Chelsea sign Willian now. Wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that the Taison to Chelsea stories were leverage for getting Willian.

Shakhtar Donetsk have beaten Chelsea to the signing of Brazilian attacking midfielder Taison.

The 24-year-old had looked certain to move to Stamford Bridge after Roman Abrahmovich reached an agreement with then Metalist Kharkiv owner and friend Oleksandr Yaroslavsky last month.

Willian has not returned to Donetsk after the christmas break according to reports.

Trying to force through a move to a bigger club.

Back