• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Erik Lamela aiming to emulate Tottenham's celebrated Argentines having put injury nightmare behind him
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ing-emulate-tottenhams-celebrated-argentines/

--------------------------------------------

I think Lamela should start against Liverpool. He will help us control the midfield with his work rate. But can't see Pochettino dropping Alli, Moura or Son for Lamela.
Just out of interest who would you drop?

This game could end up with us having the best bench we’ve had all season and some tough decisions for Poch!

Talking about Argentines, you have to wonder why Pochettino never bought more Argentine players despite being an Argentine himself. For all the talented attacking players Argentina have been producing over the years, Pochettino only bought Fazio, Foyth and Gazzaniga !

From another site

< Travelled up to Spurs for the West Ham game and my mate who was was recalling a Lamela story. Apparently his mate who works for Mace was chatting to Cliff Jones in the Club Wembley hospitality and asked him "who's the best player at Spurs". Cliff Jones said "That's easy. It's Erik Lamela. You should see the things he does on the training ground. Problem is he has a mental block every time he crosses the white line" >

I shall choose to believe it as I live in an Erik wonderland!

From another site

< Travelled up to Spurs for the West Ham game and my mate who was was recalling a Lamela story. Apparently his mate who works for Mace was chatting to Cliff Jones in the Club Wembley hospitality and asked him "who's the best player at Spurs". Cliff Jones said "That's easy. It's Erik Lamela. You should see the things he does on the training ground. Problem is he has a mental block every time he crosses the white line" >

I shall choose to believe it as I live in an Erik wonderland!

Could see the talent in Rome to be fair
Doesn’t want to be the big fish here it seems

Could see the talent in Rome to be fair
Doesn’t want to be the big fish here it seems

I don't think that it is a case of a lack of want, there seem few players, to me, who want it more. I think that the injuries have knocked his confidence a little and I suspect that he is reluctant to play when he is less than 100%. That's a problem because no player is at 100% after a few weeks into the season.

I don't think that it is a case of a lack of want, there seem few players, to me, who want it more. I think that the injuries have knocked his confidence a little and I suspect that he is reluctant to play when he is less than 400%. That's a problem because no player is at 400% after a few weeks into the season.
Maybe
But also this league is harder than anything in Italy or anything he would deal with in training
And of course defenders know he can’t use his right leg so he is predictable to a point

Maybe
But also this league is harder than anything in Italy or anything he would deal with in training
And of course defenders know he can’t use his right leg so he is predictable to a point

Since Poch has been in, his form has generally been good when he has played. So I don't think that it is the toughness of the league. Too much is made of his one footedness, he's better technically on one foot than most of the playing the league with two.

Maybe

Most players are stronger on one foot and weaker on the other, sadly Lamela is so one footed that it makes it easier for opponents to read him and what he is going to do.

Since Poch has been in, his form has generally been good when he has played. So I don't think that it is the toughness of the league. Too much is made of his one footedness, he's better technically on one foot than most of the playing the league with two.
He may be but it means he is wonky
He can only go the way his left foot goes
Look at the highlights of his season at Roma and he always came in off the right onto his left... why they let him I’d never know
Over here defenders just check him wide and he goes wide then backwards a lot. He is better centrally but he sent as good as the players we have there

He may be but it means he is wonky
He can only go the way his left foot goes
Look at the highlights of his season at Roma and he always came in off the right onto his left... why they let him I’d never know
Over here defenders just check him wide and he goes wide then backwards a lot. He is better centrally but he sent as good as the players we have there

There are plenty of great players who favour one foot. I think your looking for confirmation.

Back