• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

The frustrating thing is even when fit he doesn't get minutes.
He's the ideal sub for Eriksen in the tight hanging on games with 15/20 minutes to go.
He does the stuff Eriksen can't, knows when and how to break to play and gives Eriksen a rest.
Think where we could be if we could have hung against wolves, soton and even Chelsea in the cup and Eriksen had some respite.

FTFY

It's an interesting one with him, it really seemed like it had clicked this season and then another injury, followed by another etc etc. What's his contract situation?

Didn’t he sign a new contract last summer or the one before? I agree we should keep him around but if someone comes in with a silly offer for him say £50m then we’d be mugs to reject it. If he can stay and improve his goal ratio then great otherwise I think we’ll end up running his contract (ie not renew it) until he leaves with a year left.

To be honest i am not sure we would get a good price for him ( hardly played over the last couple of seasons) with his record of injurys. If we could get a decent fee that i would sell him but if not we may as well keep him here.

This is what Lamela is really good at : harass and pressure the opponents until they lose their composure and mind. Funny thing is Lamela actually knocked into Mendy's head 3 or 4 times and still put up that innocent face. Mendy was really fortunate he didn't touch Lamela.:D Wish Lamela will be fit to face Emirates Marketing Project.

Last edited:
Really lost my patience with this guy. Terrific player who we could really do with right now but as usual is in the treatment room. Needs to go and play in a less demanding league. Should be sold in the summer.

Hate to say I’m at the same stage without thinking he’s a terrific player. A lot of flashes of the player I thought we bought but, ultimately, he’s flattered to deceive or spent his time on the treatment table. Shame.

Really lost my patience with this guy. Terrific player who we could really do with right now but as usual is in the treatment room. Needs to go and play in a less demanding league. Should be sold in the summer.
Completely agree, I said this to mates a few weeks ago, I’m done with him now, complete waste of a squad place.

We could have really done with him now with the injuries and fatigue we’ve got but he’s nowhere to be seen, yet again! Talent is not in question, but what does that matter if he’s never available.

Irrespective of injuries, his contribution has very rarely been consistently to the standard we need and he's now had 6 years to deliver. Great attitude, works hard etc but doesnt hurt oppositions enough even when he is fit. I'd sell him in a heart-beat, however I bet we price him too highly and he's still at Spurs next season

Back