• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

More so Lamela, given how long he has been here He and Eriksen are the last of the Bale seven. He has had his moments, but for one reason or another has never looked like delivering on anything like a consistent basis. He has the balance of the remaining games to make his case I think. BTW, i reckon any injuries will kill him off.

More so Lamela, given how long he has been here He and Eriksen are the last of the Bale seven. He has had his moments, but for one reason or another has never looked like delivering on anything like a consistent basis. He has the balance of the remaining games to make his case I think. BTW, i reckon any injuries will kill him off.

Do we even know what his best position is?
Which after all this time here I think is telling. His strengths as an attacker don't suit the way poch wants to play, he could do a good job for someone, but I don't think it be us. He will only ever be a bench player here.

Lamela is entering a crucial period in his career at Spurs. these last few games will tell a tale regarding whether or not he has a future with the club i think.

I dont think it matters what he does in the next few games, it wont change 6 years of performances.

Id imagine right now he is seen as a squad unit and little more. Probably more valuable from an attitude point of view than performance, and as such will be available for the right price (he and a good few others).

'I can't wait to be playing here': Erik Lamela enjoys Tottenham's first game at their new stadium in the crowd with partner Sofia Herrero and son Tobias
11880674-6888615-Erik_Lamela_watched_from_the_stands_with_partner_Sofia_Herrero_a-a-47_1554420613777.jpg

11880668-6888615-Lamela_pictured_holding_his_son_Tobias_documented_his_trip_to_th-a-48_1554420623858.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...njoys-Tottenhams-game-new-stadium-family.html

Tottenham fans react to Erik Lamela free-kick video at new stadium
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/03/...-to-erik-lamela-free-kick-video-at-new-stadi/

------------------------------------------------------------------

Too bad Lamela was out injured and didn't play against Palace in our first game at our new stadium. His passion for Spurs on and off the field is second to none. Hope he will play against Emirates Marketing Project in our next game. Looking at his great freekick during training at the new stadium, he should be taking our freekicks from now on. Eriksen, Trippier and Kane can't even test the goalie from the freekicks !

Last edited:
Does amuse/amaze me how the level of anti against Lamela seems to have increased the less people can complain about Sissoko.

I like him as a person and he always gives his all.

But he could be improved upon with relative ease as he’s always injured.

Agree on this. Were we to receive a bid for him, I'd sell. Nothing to do with him, just how little he plays these days.

Agree on this. Were we to receive a bid for him, I'd sell. Nothing to do with him, just how little he plays these days.

I wouldn't.

Thinking about it, there are rankings for which players need to be moved on this summer - we already have a big rebuild job on our hands. And there are two key considerations at play here.

First, the more players we sell, the harder our summer gets, because it's a lot more activity condensed into a shorter amount of time.
And, secondly, no matter how many players we sell, we have to make sure that a maximum of 4-5 incomings can replace them all, with minimal disruption to the first eleven. That's the probable maximum in terms of players Poch can integrate into the side over a season. 6 or 7 is just asking for trouble, much as with what happened after Bale.

So, who goes?

Eriksen and Toby - these two probably go.
Janssen and N'Koudou - these two *have* to go.
Wanyama and Trippier - I would very much like for these two to go.
Vorm - retires on a free.

Now, that's already seven outgoings, which will require 4-5 incomings, assuming Skipp and an academy goalkeeper step up to plug the gaps (i.e, as a backup midfielder and the 3rd keeper).

There are a range of further players that could be moved on - Aurier, Llorente, Rose and so on. And Lamela falls into this lot.

But, I would argue, every one of those players leaving will mean one more player in to replace them. Which takes us over that probable maximum in terms of incomings. And that would probably be damaging to our prospects next season - more so than just keeping Lamela around for another year.

So, on the whole, I'd keep him. Plus, he has *grinta* - he works, runs, bleeds lilywhite and is a wonderfully craft bastard when it comes to fouling. He embodies Poch's Spurs in more than a few ways. I think keeping him outweighs any gain we'd get by selling him.

I wouldn't.

Thinking about it, there are rankings for which players need to be moved on this summer - we already have a big rebuild job on our hands. And there are two key considerations at play here.

First, the more players we sell, the harder our summer gets, because it's a lot more activity condensed into a shorter amount of time.
And, secondly, no matter how many players we sell, we have to make sure that a maximum of 4-5 incomings can replace them all, with minimal disruption to the first eleven. That's the probable maximum in terms of players Poch can integrate into the side over a season. 6 or 7 is just asking for trouble, much as with what happened after Bale.

So, who goes?

Eriksen and Toby - these two probably go.
Janssen and N'Koudou - these two *have* to go.
Wanyama and Trippier - I would very much like for these two to go.
Vorm - retires on a free.

Now, that's already seven outgoings, which will require 4-5 incomings, assuming Skipp and an academy goalkeeper step up to plug the gaps (i.e, as a backup midfielder and the 3rd keeper).

There are a range of further players that could be moved on - Aurier, Llorente, Rose and so on. And Lamela falls into this lot.

But, I would argue, every one of those players leaving will mean one more player in to replace them. Which takes us over that probable maximum in terms of incomings. And that would probably be damaging to our prospects next season - more so than just keeping Lamela around for another year.

So, on the whole, I'd keep him. Plus, he has *grinta* - he works, runs, bleeds lilywhite and is a wonderfully craft bastard when it comes to fouling. He embodies Poch's Spurs in more than a few ways. I think keeping him outweighs any gain we'd get by selling him.

I don’t actually disagree with the this, especially the last part - but it then goes back to him being injured most the time so he can’t actually do this stuff.

I wouldn't be upset if he’s here next season, but that’s more to the amount of stuff we have to do in the summer.

Injured a lot, sure. Doesn't always deliver goals or assists, but he just bleeds for us, always gets stuck in and is basically the perfect player to inspire som fight in our side. I'd happily keep him until he retires for that alone. A player I genuinely feel a lot of love for simply for his passion. Legend for that alone. :)

I loved it when we bought him, have defended him for the past 6 years but I think this season is the season I finally got a bit fed up of him to be honest.

Not anything he himself has done, I love him as a person, often as a player but he has played 180 times in 6 seasons at Spurs total. And half of those came from 2 of his first 3 seasons.

We can't keep on carrying a sick note unfortunately.

Only problem is, as Dubai said, the amount of work we are going to have to do in the transfer window this summer already without moving him on too so I think he'll still be here next season.

I like him as a person and he always gives his all.

But he could be improved upon with relative ease as he’s always injured.

It is not that simple at Spurs, does it ? Firstly, we have not bought anyone for the past 2 transfer windows. And when we do buy, we always end up with inferior players than the players we sold. We will find it difficult to get a better player than Lamela because he is a squad player who is creative, works hard, doesn't go missing, happy to stay at Spurs and most of all doesn't complain when he doesn't play. And almost all our key players have suffered injury problems this season.

It is not that simple at Spurs, does it ? Firstly, we have not bought anyone for the past 2 transfer windows. And when we do buy, we always end up with inferior players than the players we sold. We will find it difficult to get a better player than Lamela because he is a squad player who is creative, works hard, doesn't go missing, happy to stay at Spurs and most of all doesn't complain when he doesn't play. And almost all our key players have suffered injury problems this season.

He’s not just been injured this season, which is the issue in his last 3 season he’s made 9/25 and 18 appearances so far this (from Wiki)

Sissoko has played more in that time and he was pretty useless for the majority of that.

I still don't think there's a player in the world I'd prefer to bring off the bench defending a one goal lead with 15 mins to play. He can get a yellow card no one else

FTFY

It's an interesting one with him, it really seemed like it had clicked this season and then another injury, followed by another etc etc. What's his contract situation?

It's an interesting one with him, it really seemed like it had clicked this season and then another injury, followed by another etc etc.

I was so happy for him and us at that time when he "clicked" earlier this season. But what followed is groundhog day.
I doubt he has little if any value due to his injury history. We must ship out these unfortunate players as they are a financial drain we can ill afford.
But how you get rid of these players I'm not sure, do we have to pay them off?

Last edited:
Back