• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Whoever the two who voted for him as MOTM against Palace, need to take a hard look at themselves - unless of course they were Mrs Lamela and Mrs Lamela !

According to Poch he was left out with a view to being available for Dortmund.

I for one will be very relieved if he is, either starting or coming off the bench I'm confident he'll make a positive impact.

Lamela booked for sticking up for his mate

There was another swift booking to come for another substitute.

This time is was Erik Lamela who stuck up for his friend Fernando when Dean yet again penalised him for a foul after an aerial challenge.

Perhaps looking to take the heat off the experienced Spaniard and the potential of Dean awarding him another yellow card - which would have resulted in the referee's 100th Premier League red card - Lamela took the hit himself, arguing vociferously enough to go in the book himself.

https://www.football.london/tottenh...erik-lamela-sacrificing-himself-help-15877855

----------------------------------------------

At the time, I really thought Llorente was going to get the second yellow card. But somehow Lamela came from nowhere to take the heat away from Llorente and get himself yellow carded instead. Still not sure what Lamela did to get the yellow card but he really saved Llorente from getting send off.

Watching the replay against Arsenal he definitely improved us after coming on.

Should have earned a foul with his first touch, got into threatening pockets of space and had a good shot on goal.

He then won the foul for the free kick that lead to Kane's penalty. Was overall solid. Did more than Eriksen in half an hour for me.

Was telling that after the pen went in he charged into the net and wrestled the ball away from that time wasting clam Leno. His attitude is always spot on.

I love Eriksen and want him to sign a new contract with us, but Lamela cops some very unfair flack for a player who usually makes an impact whether starting or coming off the bench.

We should offer him a new contract too IMO.

Should have earned a foul with his first touch, got into threatening pockets of space and had a good shot on goal.

He then won the foul for the free kick that lead to Kane's penalty. Was overall solid. Did more than Eriksen in half an hour for me.

Was telling that after the pen went in he charged into the net and wrestled the ball away from that time wasting clam Leno. His attitude is always spot on.

I love Eriksen and want him to sign a new contract with us, but Lamela cops some very unfair flack for a player who usually makes an impact whether starting or coming off the bench.

I love his passion and will to win, but I don't think he fits what poch wants to do.
He seems happy as a squad player, never causes any trouble has a great attitude, but I think if the right offer came in it would be best for everyone if he moved on.

I don’t think anyone has ever questioned Lamela’s desire and work rate. Just his end product. We need more than effort if we are going to break the trophy barrier. Lamela has been here for six years now but his end product is barely any different now than it was in his first season, if it is its only marginal tbh. I’m not saying I want to sell him, having said that he needs to score more goals and impose himself more in the final third (not just with effort) if he’s going to usurp Son, Eriksen or Alli.

Back