• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

He works hard and is not afraid to get down and dirty. What I like about Lamela is even when he has a really bad games, and he has bad games, you can never question his work effort

Agreed
It’s what stood out vs inter when he went off
Thought he was poor for 70 minutes today and then gets a kinda assist and a goal

He works hard and is not afraid to get down and dirty. What I like about Lamela is even when he has a really bad games, and he has bad games, you can never question his work effort
That has always been true. What he's delivering currently are the moments of brilliance to get us goals even when not having a great game. Whilst also having some really good games.

Long may it last.

I’ve been a critic but he’s definitely better through the middle and his highlights reel of this season would be closer to the YouTube one of him at Roma we bought him off the back of (he even scored headers in that one)

I move being wrong about Spurs players. I will now turn my attentions to Sanchez...

He has just edged past Moura as the current "first name on the teamsheet." Though I do like his impact from the bench, so what do you reckon Poch should do? Super sub or starter?
It is a tricky one, as psychologically he appears to enjoy being asked to come on and make a difference...when he starts the expectation is immediately on HIM and I think that affects him a little.

It is a tricky one, as psychologically he appears to enjoy being asked to come on and make a difference...when he starts the expectation is immediately on HIM and I think that affects him a little.
Other than maybe being fully fit his recent upturn may be that he’s playing more centrally. His strength seems to be instinctive first touch passing and timing runs into the box as opposed to being out wide where his one footedness makes him easier to defend against. Maybe 3421 is the way to go as but it means Eriksen Alli Son Lamela and Moura competing for 2 spots, only Son and Moura look comfortable wide to me and both are also decent centrally.

Why isn't @Jurgen the German posting in this thread as much as he used to?

Getting laid?

Works that way with me, though I can seep out the out post-coital blurt in peak season.

But not this week. Quite like everything about Lamela's game. Silky skills, sandpaper scrappiness. Chippy, snippy, sneaky and neat. When he's got it all going on, he's a bastard to play against.

As much as I love him, his impact role is crucial to our overall game. I think he should be given more minutes but that could well be 30 mins against Huddersfield. Defenders can't cope with his energy and skill when he comes on late. Hard to play that way when you start from the first minute. Five goals in not a lot of minutes speaks volumes for the lad though.

I like to give Winks some credit here.
Given his body shape as he receives the ball, it would've been easy to try and just lump the ball down the left flank and expect Sonny's pace to see him through. But Winks spots the Watford defender near Sonny, so instead gets his head up, shifts his body weight and opts for the clearer run that Dembele has.

Not quite Iniesta-like, but deserved of a mention. ;)

Also love the excitement shown by Moussa, presumably down to the fact he's just earnt himself a rare direct assist!!!

Back