• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who would you sell?

To answer the question in the first post i would sell Lamela and Alli (sadly).

Add to that i would sell Rose, CCV,

Winks brings absolutely nothing of value to the team. He should go, plus I think some clubs would be mad enough to pay top dollar for him. i would have also added Lamela but he has come up with the goods right in the nick of time in the EL and League Cup
I just don't agree. Firstly he's homegrown, which is massively important, especially with our squad. Also he doesn't often give the ball away which is also massively important. Against Saudi Sportswashing Machine he played 94 passes with a completion % of over 95%. And almost half of those were forward passes (Backwards: 16/16 Sideways: 33/33 Forwards: 41/45). I think he's massively underated in the job he does for the team.

Like others I was on the getting rid of Lamela but if his fitness holds he'll deserve a new contract for what you get with him.

Winks performs a couple of roles but you can't expect him to really be the instigator and grab the match by the neck, encouraging signs with the different combos of Winks, PEH, GLC et Tanguy.

Foyth is one for me, if we are very much considering and pursuing a 1st choice CB than his time will be limited here. Plus CCV and Danny Rose but they may go without saying.

I'm not advocating selling Jack Clarke either because I wouldn't want to give up hope completely, maybe a better placed loan coming up for him over the next few days? Comes down to what Jose has made of him in pre season. Could a loan be best for Sess as well? That fee is starting to look more alarming as time goes by but I'm desperate for a different story this season with Ryan.

Its a Squad game. And we need options on the bench. But for the players that seem to have no chance here would be good to go:

Foyth
CCV
Sissoko
Gazzanigga ( no point having three GK's )
Rose

Thats it. The rest we keep.
I’m of exactly the same opinion as you. I’d like Sissoko replaced with an industrious, strong midfielder however.

Foyth
Sissoko
Aurier
Gazzaniga
Rose

Got to be £40 - £50m there.

oh and Dele but probably not the correct time to do it.

Also looking at it we have

Lamela
Lucas
Bale
Berjwin
Dele
Son

are we going to keep all of them happy?

Foyth, Sissoko, Gazzaniga, Rose, Carter Vickers can all be sold for me, although it's a bid sad with Foyth, as there's definitely a baller in there. Just too prone to silly Chiriches-like mistakes.
Loans for the rest of the fringe players like Sessegnon and Clarke.

Ideally I wouldn't mind us getting upgrades on Winks, Lucas and Dier as well, but you can't do it all in one window, and I'm more than happy to have those guys as squad players.

Aurier is one that I'd actually like to see us keep, as long as he's happy playing second fiddle to Doherty.

I personally wouldn't dream of selling Lamela or Alli. Lamela just for his never say die attitude and overall skill set, he's not a starting XI player, but he's definitely up there as our top 15 most useful players, in my opinion (as long as he's fit, obviously).

Alli, well, it would be madness to sell him, unless he wants to leave (in which case, it could be argued that selling him now would be wise). Perhaps a bit of a bold statement, but a confident Alli is one of the best players in the world, in my opinion. Insane talent.

I guess there is less urgency to sell CCV and Gazza over the next 36 hours as they're more likely to head to the championship. Rose is the difficult one....

Back