• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who would you sell?

Pirate55

The Last Man Standing 17/18
out of Dele, Lucas, Lamela and Bergwyn, which two would you sell?

For me, Bergwyn and Dele . Bergwyn has been a huge disappointment and Dele doesn't ( unfortunately) fit into the way Mourinho wants us to play. Sell these two and bring in a b east of a CF and a dominating CH and the squad looks a lot more balanced.

First question to this hypothetical scenario is: What's the asking price per player?

Everyone is available to be sold. Even Messi. But the money has to be right. Right?

I like 'em all, btw. They've all had redeeming moments in the past and no reason to assume they won't have more in future.

I fookinate these sort of negatively speculative discussions. Just invites Spurs fans to pish all over their own club. Kinda like the regular schittshow Charlie Eccleshare indulges in at The Athletic on the Spurs beat.

Last edited:
First question to this hypothetical scenario is: What's the asking price per player?

Everyone is available to be sold. Even Messi. But the money has to be right. Right?

I like 'em all, btw. They've all had redeeming moments in the past and no reason to assume they won't have more in future.

I fookinate these sort of negatively speculative discussions. Just invites Spurs fans to pish all over their own club. Kinda like the regular schittshow Charlie Eccleshare indulges in at The Athletic on the Spurs beat.

It is not intended to be negative at all. We have a bloated and unbalanced squad ATM. We need players in two key positions. To fund these acquisitions we need to sell players . It is that simple. I agree with you that each have different redeeming features and in an ideal world we would keep them all.

However if we buy a b east of a CF, our first choice four attacking options would undoubtedly be, Son, Bale, Kane and the B east. That really only leaves room for two back up attacking options - two who would normally come off the bench to hopefully provide an impact when necessary. That is why I went for Moura and Lamela over Dele and Bergwyn. Tough choices, but as someone once said, it needs a painful rebuild . And we shouldn't bury our heads in the sand and ignore hard choices.

Bale is going to miss games i think we only need to offload one of them. I’m afraid its Lucas or Dele for me. Depends then how much we want to bank after a fairly high spending window (if we get a CB & striker which i suspect we will). Dele would fetch around 60-80m whereas Lucas wouldn’t get over 20m. Knowing Levy, Dele’s the one heading off.

I wouldn't sell any of them. We have a lot of fixtures to play this season and they will all get plenty of games.

Moura Is the weakest footballer of the lot but he is disciplined and Mourinho clearly likes him.

Bergwijn was excellent when he first came into the side but has only had bit parts since and it is difficult to maintain form when you are in and out of the side. He'll come good.

Gaźzangia, do we need 3 keepers? I find it strange that in a time when you cant give a keeper a dirty look they get injured. We will need to find a long term replacement for Lloris soon.

Gazzaniga (use Whiteman instead)
CCV
Rose
Aurier - particularly if we sign a CB given it'll mean that Tanganga can cover RB and arguably if we play with wingbacks then Moura can cover Doherty too
Dele - I dont see how he fits into a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 and doesnt give creativity which we'd need from the no 10 in a 4-2-3-1
Lamela/Moura - I dont thin there will be takers at the price we'd want plus Jose seems to like them. However especially if we get the chap fro Benfica who can apparently play wide left too, I'd not sure we need Bale, Son, Bergwijn, Moura and Lamela. That said I expect all of them to be here come Tues morning
Foyth - I like him but Jose clearly doesnt

I was considering adding Sissoko, but think he'll be here til next summer and then maybe leave when young Skippy comes back from Norwich

Last edited:
Dele and Lucas, I quite like both, Lucas works hard and Dele does have a special something. But both don't stand out as contributors to the flow of the team, in fact the opposite.

But the main reason, if we are looking at the overall picture, is if we continue as we are we are gonna need the £70-80m these two would bring. (Taking that another two could be signing)

out of Dele, Lucas, Lamela and Bergwyn, which two would you sell?

Just Dele, the other 3 fit in to Jose's formations and style of play.

There are others that need to be sold waaaay before you think about any of those 4.

Aurier, Rose, CCV and Foyth don't have a future at Spurs and need to go.

Just Dele, the other 3 fit in to Jose's formations and style of play.

There are others that need to be sold waaaay before you think about any of those 4.

Aurier, Rose, CCV and Foyth don't have a future at Spurs and need to go.

For me, it's Dele

- Dele at his best doesn't keep out any of Son, Bale or Kane, nor can he keep out Lo Celso or Ndombele. Add the fact that he's got the highest likely value, it would make the most sense.
- Agree on Rose, CCV, Foyth (seems he's halfway gone anyway). Aurier as backup can stay (see below), the question is Sissoko, if we can get decent money, it would make sense with his age now.

First 11 -> Lloris, Reguilon, Toby, Dier, Doherty, PEH, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Son, Kane, Bale
Bench/Rotation -> Hart, Davies, Sanchez, Tanganga, Aurier, Winks, Gedson, Lucas, Lamela (when you look at it this way, the only position lacking now for depth is 2nd striker)
Academy support -> Keeper, White, Cirkin

Will be interesting to see what happens with Dele. If he responds well to what Mourinho wants from him we could be very happy that he wasn't sold in the not too distant future.

For me, it's Dele

- Dele at his best doesn't keep out any of Son, Bale or Kane, nor can he keep out Lo Celso or Ndombele. Add the fact that he's got the highest likely value, it would make the most sense.
- Agree on Rose, CCV, Foyth (seems he's halfway gone anyway). Aurier as backup can stay (see below), the question is Sissoko, if we can get decent money, it would make sense with his age now.

First 11 -> Lloris, Reguilon, Toby, Dier, Doherty, PEH, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Son, Kane, Bale
Bench/Rotation -> Hart, Davies, Sanchez, Tanganga, Aurier, Winks, Gedson, Lucas, Lamela (when you look at it this way, the only position lacking now for depth is 2nd striker)
Academy support -> Keeper, White, Cirkin

Alli at his best had a better scoring rate than Son has for us i believe and if we move to a tactic where Kane is supplying two other forwards then there is scope for him to regain his goal scoring form as he would thrive off of the type of balls that have been played the last few games - having Bale+Son+Alli in rotation for the two positions off of Kane is a healthy situation to be in.

If we buy a back up for Kane we can then keep whichever one of Lamela Moura or Berwijn that your boat (Lamela for me) may even be room for two of them if they are content being back ups.

It’s good question as it must be what Levy and Mourinho are discussing right now. It may come down to the offers on the table, so this might be why Dele is the chosen one as I’m not sure the others would command a big fee. I also think the other 3 would all be seen as useful bench options, which is what they are for us. Bergwijn has the most potential but is also unproven in the league so far, Lamela is a disruptive rather than creative player with a poor injury record and Moura is a hard working pace merchant who is at his best when counter attacking. If Dele would be sold I’d expect he’s be going into a first team with a manager who would accommodate him as a support striker in the hope he can get 20 goals a season again.

If you take Alli out of the equation we look light in goals imo, outside of KBS - obviously he's out of sorts in that respect but Moura Lamela and Bergwijn offer as little goal threat at the top of their game as Alli does whilst off of his - so for me the focus should be on getting him back firing in the second striker role. Do that and we save ourselves a lot of money and give our attack some genuine strength in depth.

Back