• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who will we sell and how much will we get this summer?

metalgear

Nayim
I am anticipating a big summer sale for the following reasons:
- bonus TV money coming in this will be a good time for lower clubs to strengthen their teams
- AVB having now has a clear idea of how our players can fit in, and has a strengthened argument with the board and levy
- we've got some young ones in and around the first team, ready to displace some older ones
- we need to build up our kitty for that 1-2 marquee signings (to play alongside Bale, not to replace him)
- all the older players on loan to go quickly so that we can reallocate our wage bill ...etc

I really think we should be looking beyond Friedel and Gallas now, and very likely those that never featured e.g. Khumalo, Bentley.

But I'm undecided about the rest:
- Parker, BAE, Dawson, Thudd - all prime targets for other clubs but would be a good option to have on the bench
- Naughton, Livermore - given the chance but didn't shine, can they still make that step up?
- Ade, Defoe - very frustrating, the both of them... would like upgrades but not easy to find. I'm happy to keep Deuce if he's happy with the occasional start.

We won't get much for Friedel, we might as well keep him around as the backup for another year unless a suitable backup for Lloris that will be more of a long term option is available very cheaply or on a free transfer.

Gallas will be free I belive? I can't see us getting much for Bentley or Khumalo.

The only way we could sell Naughton is if we think Smith is ready to step it up as Walker's backup. I have no idea if he's ready. If we were to sell Naughton I think we'd get a decent fee for him, £5m or thereabouts perhaps. Still young, PL proven, English.

If we sell Parker I could see us getting back at least half of what we paid for him.

Livermore might bring in a few million as well.

I don't think we will try to sell Dawson again, if we do I could see us getting £7-8m for him if we found the right buyer, although that might be difficult with QPR going down. We shouldn't sell Hudd for any less than that either. Could see us getting a little more than that for Defoe, quite possibly £10m+. Wouldn't mind us selling him or Ade, if Ade goes a lot of it will depend on how his deal with City will work out in the case of a transfer away from us, I have no clue. Ekotto should be somewhere in that bracket too if we choose to let him go, that would probably mean bringing in another first choice left back though so it wouldn't make us a massive profit to spend elsewhere.

Most of our outgoings will depend on our incoming players. If we find the right midfielders I could see both Parker and Hudd leaving. If we bring in a centre back I could see Dawson leaving. If we find the right strikers I could see both Defoe and Ade leave, but I could also see either of them staying around.

I don't think they will bring in much, apart from more space on the wage budget.

Our back five is settled, wouldn't fudge about with it bar Lloris' backup.

Midfield Parker is old but we won't get much for him, Huddlestone may go and we might get 8m for him, Livermore may be sold would get 5m for him.

Ade and Defoe may be out, but one is on massive wages and the other is getting on a bit and isn't much more than a super sub.

Depending on how we are to go forward, formation wise, I would reiterate that i would not be surprised if Lennon was sold.

Setting aside youngsters going out on loan and maybe one or two kids coming in, am not envisaging too much change this summer. And nor should we need a lot of change - we have a decent sized squad backed up by some decent younger players coming through - what we need to do is add genuine quality in some positions and keep a settled squad. Given a lot of managers are changing this summer (Man C, Man U, Cheatski, Everton) I would say that having a settled squad will be even more of an advantage next year

Expect to see us sell the deadwood like Bentley and release Gallas, but apart from that the only people I seeing leave on a permanent basis could be Thudd, Freidel and Ade. People like Naughton and LIvermore might get loans but am not expecting major changes this summer

Huddlestone - £7m
Defoe - £5m
Gomes - £1.5m
Bentley - £1m
Khumalo - £0.5
Gallas - nothing (out of contract)

Total = £15m

Bentley has stated himself his contract is up in this summer, so along with Gallas we'll free up at least £100,000 a week in wages.

Huddlestone, Khumalo, Gomes, Parker and Livermore are the players I can see being moved on and we'll be lucky to get upwards of £20m for those combined. Still the reduction in wages will be fairly substantial, especially in Gomes and Parker's case.

Two things I think will mean we won't have much income from sales this summer:

1) Defoe will be 31 at the start of next season. We won't get anywhere near eight figures for him.

2) We actually (thanks to the sales in the last year) have a pretty trim squad with relatively few senior benchwarmers (almost none beyond our matchday 16). This is exactly how it should be, but it means we are a bit short of assets to cash in on.

Two things I think will mean we won't have much income from sales this summer:

1) Defoe will be 31 at the start of next season. We won't get anywhere near eight figures for him.

2) We actually (thanks to the sales in the last year) have a pretty trim squad with relatively few senior benchwarmers (almost none beyond our matchday 16). This is exactly how it should be, but it means we are a bit short of assets to cash in on.

Crouch was 30 when we sold him to Stoke for around £10m wasn't he?

Defoe is a proven goalscorer in the PL and English. He seems to take care of himself physically and he will have several good years left in him. It all depends on what clubs are interested of course, but with the added tv-money coming in I wouldn't be surprised if there are clubs willing to pay around £10m for him.

Why would Friedel leave? He has extended his contract with a year this season...

The most importent players to get rid of are: Dawson, Ekotto and Ade. They play a lot, but are not at all good enough to do so. Upgrades needed.

The most importent players to get rid of are: Dawson, Ekotto and Ade. They play a lot, but are not at all good enough to do so. Upgrades needed.
Agreed, upgrades are needed. But I'd be happy to hang on to Dawson as a squad player (if he was happy with that role). Same with Ade, but his wages are too high for a bench-warmer. Assou-Ekotto looks like he's out of favour, so it'd be best for all concerned if he went somewhere he could get regular football.

Dawson - 8mill
Defoe - 7mill
Parker - 2mill
THudd - 7mill
Gallas - Free
Ade (either him or Defoe not both) - 8mill

Crouch was 30 when we sold him to Stoke for around £10m wasn't he?

Defoe is a proven goalscorer in the PL and English. He seems to take care of himself physically and he will have several good years left in him. It all depends on what clubs are interested of course, but with the added tv-money coming in I wouldn't be surprised if there are clubs willing to pay around £10m for him.

Defoe relies on his pace/acceleration though and that tends to drop off a cliff in your early 30s - look at how similar players like Lineker, Owen, Andy Cole etc. stopped being able to do it at the top level very suddenly at Defoe's age.

More physical or more skillful players can in contrast go on much longer usually.

Why would Friedel leave? He has extended his contract with a year this season...

I disagree. I'd definitely like to see Dawson and BAE in my starting 11 next season (I predict Kaboul won't be able to oust Dawson), and would like Ade to stay as 1 of 2 senior #9s alongside a new arrival (Leandro etc).

Dawson - 8mill
Defoe - 7mill
Parker - 2mill
THudd - 7mill
Gallas - Free
Ade (either him or Defoe not both) - 8mill

So after the season he's had, you think we'll be able to get double what we paid for Ade, even though the buying club won't have City subsidising his wages either?

Gomes - 2.5m
Gallas - free
Ekotto - 7m
Huddelstone - 5m
Parker - 2.5m
Livermore - 5m
Bentley - minimal

- don't particularly want to see the back of some of those, that's just how i envisage it panning out

Actually I can see clubs wanting to pay for him - yes he is still that good.

In order of likelihood we will sell and guessing the amount
Parker £4 mill
Ekotto £6 mill
Defoe £8 mill
Gomes £3 mill
Dawson £8 mill

I reckon we will draw in about £20 million (maybe more if my guesses are right)

Was that a typo, corrected for you

Ronaldo's buyout clause at Real is 1 billion euros.....yeah, you read that right

Bale is 23, is now an out and out match winner, only Ronaldo and Messi are ahead of him and they are older

Bale's price is now over 100 mill

Back