• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who we've, bought so far thread...

2 at the back, 2 for the middle and 1 up top

Cranes_at_Tottenham_Hotspur_Football_Club_ground_in_Haringey_London_England.jpg

Anyone else worry that one of these days, a Levy/quiet/frugal transfer window is going to bite us in the arse?

Last season we just about got away with Wanyama being a great signing but Sissoko/Janssen obviously weren't. If we have something similar this summer, and Kane/Toby gets injured in August then we are kind of fcuked before the season even starts.

Anyone else worry that one of these days, a Levy/quiet/frugal transfer window is going to bite us in the arse?

Last season we just about got away with Wanyama being a great signing but Sissoko/Janssen obviously weren't. If we have something similar this summer, and Kane/Toby gets injured in August then we are kind of fcuked before the season even starts.
Still have a lot of growth in a young team as others have said it's hard to improve on what we have got without going to the very top tier (no chance).

First of all not a bitching thread . Just this seasons additions!. Yes you could have a thread with a list of in and outs.
I think we can leave the bitching in the speculation thread.
Just to add my brother thinks this is not going to be an easy season because other clubs will significantly upgrade their squads.
I think that if we can get at least two really good signings we have a very good chance of winning the league.
We have to hang on to this core squad of players though that we know get deliberately scuttled from us by other clubs and once again put holes in the boat!

Let's hope......

Weren't Toby and Kane injured for parts of the season we just had without us getting fudged by it?

Our top players are fantastic. There's not a club in the league that wouldn't drop significantly in quality from missing someone like Toby or Kane. I don't think our goal in the transfer market should be to somehow turn its into a club where that's not the case.

Levy coughed up the money. Don't see why he is being put in a bad light.

NO.

Haven't you just destroyed your own argument re; frugality?

Meaning what exactly?

I completely agree with you. For the last couple years, I think we've performed more or less at at least 100% of our potential...I dont see that anyone could reasonably expect us to have done much better given that the squad doesnt have much depth. Therefore I agree that unless we have a decent window, there's a chance next year that we might perform at say 90% of our potential and perhaps finish 4th.

In terms of what we achieve, if we really want to push on and aim for another top 3 finish AND get to say the last 8 or 16 in the CL, then I think we really need to add 3 or 4 players - not necessarily first teamers but say a first choice creative or fast attacker, another decent CB, a back-up to Dembele and perhaps a young CF.

If on the other hand we decide to just add 1 or 2, then I think at best we'll standstill next year. I dont think we'll ahve the depth to compete in Europe as well as the PL and the risk is that we slip down to 4th - 6th, particularly as others in the top 7 definitely won't just add 1 or 2

Back