• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who or what was the turning point for Leicester City ?

Am I the only person who thinks Lestah have done the right thing in sacking Ranieri

They are in the verge of getting relegated after giving their players mega money contracts which even with mega rich owners would hurt the club

Yes he win the league and that was last season. I'd add too that it's the players who haven't performed as well this season but none had performed well before last either hence why they are at Lestah

They will bring in a new manager and probably get a short term lift in points that will keep the up

Next season they will plod along nicely earning the money in the top league

I'm sure I heard earlier that 4 it if the last 5 managers to win the league lost their job the next season

Am I the only person who thinks Lestah have done the right thing in sacking Ranieri

They are in the verge of getting relegated after giving their players mega money contracts which even with mega rich owners would hurt the club

Yes he win the league and that was last season. I'd add too that it's the players who haven't performed as well this season but none had performed well before last either hence why they are at Lestah

They will bring in a new manager and probably get a short term lift in points that will keep the up

I'm sure I heard earlier that 4 it if the last 5 managers to win the league lost their job the next season

Nope, I'd have sacked him months ago.

I wanted them to keep him just so he'd take them down. Sad now.

everyone said last year how ranieri was the bridesmaid who never won anything and then he did and he's out of a job within a year, nice guys definitely finish last

Well he won the title for them and vindicated himself in English football. Most neutrals seem to be taking his side and condemning the club.

Perhaps they should bring Pearson back. He was the one that built the side that won promotion and made that incredible escape from relegation, for which he was rewarded by a sacking. Ranieri just kept the run going for another 38 games.

No sentiment in football or any business for that matter.......

I thought he was living on borrowed time since the turn of the year.

Lucks the wrong word but it was something bigger than just one man - he played his part of course but i certainly don't think he masterminded their league win

Not one manager has ever really its always a combination of alot of things, usually circumstances, right man, right time, right money, right players.

Even the ability to step back and let a team run and do their own thing is a skill, alot of managers would step in and try to change for change sake, so even if by some chance the team was self run, he allowed that to happen.

Even the ability to step back and let a team run and do their own thing is a skill, alot of managers would step in and try to change for change sake, so even if by some chance the team was self run, he allowed that to happen.

I don't know about that, Tim Sherwood's tactics for us seemed to be just to step back, and then attack the players when their clueless performances failed to deliver a result.

No sentiment in football or any business for that matter.......

I thought he was living on borrowed time since the turn of the year.
I don't mean to pick on this post in particular but I have to say this type thinking about football makes me a little sad.

There should be sentiment in football. In fact to me that is what it is all about. Football is sentiment and romance.

I am not naive. Only a fool would deny that money is now the driving force in the game, but I still think sacking Ranieri was classless. He won the league ffs. Yes he may bring them down (actually I think they will scrape survival personally) but sticking by him is the honourable thing to do. Let him resign or try and get them back up. He's earned it. A romantic notion maybe but I'll cling to them to the death.

I don't mean to pick on this post in particular but I have to say this type thinking about football makes me a little sad.

There should be sentiment in football. In fact to me that is what it is all about. Football is sentiment and romance.

I am not naive. Only a fool would deny that money is now the driving force in the game, but I still think sacking Ranieri was classless. He won the league ffs. Yes he may bring them down (actually I think they will scrape survival personally) but sticking by him is the honourable thing to do. Let him resign or try and get them back up. He's earned it. A romantic notion maybe but I'll cling to them to the death.

Amen. Life isn't worth living without at least *some* romantic ideals to cling to - and not everything can or should be cold, hard pragmatism.

See, I'm a b*stard who wants Leicester to go down. But, if I were in their shoes...this would be pretty gutting.

"Cling" away @Rorschach - Sadly I had to learn the hard way in business, but I'd like to believe there is a little room left for romance in all parts of life. Ranieri sadly was never going to be able to rest on his laurels at this level of football with such an abject showing this season.

if it is true that the players spoke to the chairman on numerous occasions, i dont see how there can be any other option but to sack him. he clearly lost the dressing room and the respect of the players (if those rumours are true of course).

I don't know about that, Tim Sherwood's tactics for us seemed to be just to step back, and then attack the players when their clueless performances failed to deliver a result.

Talking about a title winning side and people saying he had nothing to do with that success.

At the end of the day footballs a funny old game, Vardy makes racist statements and keeps his job, Ranieri losses a few games and losses his. Thats Modern football for you

Talking about a title winning side and people saying he had nothing to do with that success.

At the end of the day footballs a funny old game, Vardy makes racist statements and keeps his job, Ranieri losses a few games and losses his. Thats Modern football for you

Then, of course he contributed significantly. I'm sure that he helped with team spirit & confidence as much as anything else. He made the players believe, and sent them out to get results. I'm unsure of his tactical acumen, but he did get the players getting results even if his side did get the run of the green more often than not.

Back