• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who ISN'T for sale?

onlyme

Banned
Here is a list of our senior players.

How many 1-11 will be at the club on opening day? Could be 2 or 3 injured guys and (unless squad numbers are changed) we have no number below 16 on the pitch.

1 GOMES Heurelho

3 ROSE Danny
4 KABOUL Younes
5 VERTONGHEN Jan
6 HUDDLESTONE Tom
7 LENNON Aaron
8 PARKER Scott

10 ADEBAYOR Emmanuel
11 BALE Gareth

16 NAUGHTON Kyle
18 DEFOE Jermain
19 DEMBELE Mousa
20 DAWSON Michael
22 SIGURDSSON Gylfi
23 HOLTBY Lewis
24 FRIEDEL Brad
25 LLORIS Hugo
27 FALQUE Iago
28 WALKER Kyle
29 LIVERMORE Jake
30 SANDRO
31 TOWNSEND Andros
32 ASSOU-EKOTTO Benoit

Edit: New guys not included.

6 HUDDLESTONE Tom
8 PARKER Scott
10 ADEBAYOR Emmanuel
32 ASSOU-EKOTTO Benoit

Are the players that I would say are actively for sale. I think Falque and Livermore could go for the right price but then I think you could argue that for all of our players.

Not my choice, but how I read into AVBs team selection and speculation:

Any price (surplus to requirements but wages holding off most potential buyers)
1 GOMES Heurelho
8 PARKER Scott

Open to reasonable offers
32 ASSOU-EKOTTO Benoit
24 FRIEDEL Brad
6 HUDDLESTONE Tom
29 LIVERMORE Jake

Would sell if it was a very good offer
3 ROSE Danny
16 NAUGHTON Kyle (but we'd only sell one of the two)
22 SIGURDSSON Gylfi
23 HOLTBY Lewis
27 FALQUE Iago
31 TOWNSEND Andros

Would need to be an extraordinarily good price because they would be hard to replace
4 KABOUL Younes
7 LENNON Aaron
19 DEMBELE Mousa
28 WALKER Kyle

Would need to be an extraordinarily good price as they are crucial to maintaining squad balance
10 ADEBAYOR Emmanuel
18 DEFOE Jermain
20 DAWSON Michael

Not for sale at any price*
11 BALE Gareth
5 VERTONGHEN Jan
30 SANDRO
25 LLORIS Hugo

*but if you offer us 1/4 of a new stadium in cash we might think about it.

I think your

Would need to be an extraordinarily good price because they would be hard to replace
and
Would need to be an extraordinarily good price as they are crucial to maintaining squad balance

are mixed up..

I think your

and

are mixed up..

???
Not sure what you mean.
I'm happy with the definitions.

Hard to replace are players who I think are first teamers who we under normal circumstances would have no desire to sell.
Kyle Walker, we would expect him to be ever present next season and he is a bright young star.

Players that I think are important to squad balance eg Dawson, we would normally be willing to sell for the right price, but right now we do not want to let anymore forwards or centre backs go.

However I see that since the others go in priority order, I should rank the two categories the other way round.

I doubt Parker will be sold let alone actively be sold.

I think Parker can be a good option to have, but in my opinion we quickly see that his game deteriorates massively if playing week in week out, he just can't seem to handle doing that so now having more midfield reinforcements and Holtby looking to play from deeper we shouldn't be as reliant on him.

I think Parker can be a good option to have, but in my opinion we quickly see that his game deteriorates massively if playing week in week out, he just can't seem to handle doing that so now having more midfield reinforcements and Holtby looking to play from deeper we shouldn't be as reliant on him.

but there's absolutely no evidence that Holtby can play that role. He might be able to play a deeper role but a deeper defensive role? hmmmm not sure

---------------Sandro(parker)-------------Dembele(Holtby)----------------------

------------------------------Paulinho(Siggy)-----------------------------------

That's how i see it.

Chick badge. I think everyone in this category should be in your first and second category

Not my choice, but how I read into AVBs team selection and speculation:

Any price (surplus to requirements but wages holding off most potential buyers)
1 GOMES Heurelho

Open to reasonable offers
32 ASSOU-EKOTTO Benoit
24 FRIEDEL Brad
6 HUDDLESTONE Tom
29 LIVERMORE Jake
18 DEFOE Jermain
8 PARKER Scott

Would sell if it was a very good offer
3 ROSE Danny
16 NAUGHTON Kyle (but we'd only sell one of the two)
22 SIGURDSSON Gylfi

27 FALQUE Iago
31 TOWNSEND Andros

4 KABOUL Younes
7 LENNON Aaron
19 DEMBELE Mousa
28 WALKER Kyle

10 ADEBAYOR Emmanuel

20 DAWSON Michael

Not for sale at any price*
11 BALE Gareth
5 VERTONGHEN Jan
30 SANDRO
25 LLORIS Hugo

*but if you offer us 1/4 of a new stadium in cash we might think about it.

I have slightly edited your post to my opinion , but we are not that far apart.

(That is AVB and me according to your post ;))

Holtby is one I could not fit in the categories.

I have slightly edited your post to my opinion , but we are not that far apart.

(That is AVB and me according to your post ;))

Holtby is one I could not fit in the categories.

Yeah, I struggled a bit with him as he is only just in. Probably should come under the "new player" disclaimer you put at the start. I suppose he has been here for six months, the same time in which we almost shipped out Sig.

Holtby, Falque and Townsend are all promising youngsters who you would have thought we wouldnt have sold, but then again Caulker came under that category...

but there's absolutely no evidence that Holtby can play that role. He might be able to play a deeper role but a deeper defensive role? hmmmm not sure

---------------Sandro(parker)-------------Dembele(Holtby)----------------------

------------------------------Paulinho(Siggy)-----------------------------------

That's how i see it.

I'd say I've seen evidence in what we've seen from him so far, I know it's not where he has been played but I think we might see him there. Just needs to be a bit more disciplined to avoid the early yellow cards which make us a bit twitchy . I think he will make an improvement on what I thought was a promising 2nd half of the season.

If Calsberg created managers, ahem!

On observation, these players could be sold shortly:

GOMES: Not involved
ROSE: Replaceable, and may command a good price (i.e - Caulker)- but I reckon he will stay for a bit to see where he fits in
HUDDLESTONE: Too slow, too costly - a risk, sometimes makes up for it with his assits to goals
LENNON - Up and down in form and injuries, is replaceable with AVBs large network of friends to find players
PARKER - getting older, and although a soldier - lacks the class that others can bring in
10 ADEBAYOR Emmanuel - ridiculous, would like to see him gone
18 DEFOE - Been with us for a while ofcourse, never reached peak momentum to be called a top top striker
LIVERMORE - Neither here not there really - I would prefer to see Tom Carroll
ASSOU-EKOTTO - I like this guy a lot, and if I were manager, would keep him - but it seems obvious he is out of favour

Players not to be sold in my opinion:

KABOUL - spent ages getting him fit again, will not be sold this season for sure
VERTONGHEN - world class
BALE - Our best player by a mile, plus the fame he brings the Tottenham brand could be priceless, a joy to watch
NAUGHTON - really good youngster, mature and has a great touch. Won't take much adjusting to be in the first team (bulk up perhaps)
DEMBELE - super skills, very unique style, joy to behold - should shoot more though. Massive impact when he plays - retention of ball, and forward runs.
DAWSON - Now that we lack CBs, he will not be sold. Also club captain, and a good example.
SIGURDSSON - I don't think he's good enough, but I do not think he will be sold - still fairly young, and we have already let go of Dempsey.
HOLTBY - He will stay, has just joined - no point in releasing him before we get to know him.
FRIEDEL - Good back up and influence to the team.
LLORIS - Out number one, although wont be for much longer if he plays like he did in the Stade Louis 2 last week
FALQUE - Don't know much about him, but looks decent
WALKER - Love the guy, so fast and durable, brilliant youth find.
SANDRO - Beast. Hope he stays injury free otherwise might be forced to move if injury prone
TOWNSEND - potential, potential, potential.
TOM CARROLL - for some reason, this guy was not on your list - and he is showing maturity and an obvious passing ability, still very young - so lets develop him.

Last edited:
All players are for sale at the right price.

The players that should be in a theoretical "not for sale" category that would essentially mean that we would only accept outrageous offers that we generally wouldn't expect clubs to make for them should be players that are either close to world class and thus better than anyone we can sign in that position or players will the potential to reach that level.

Lloris, Vertonghen, Sandro and Bale for me.

REVISED SQUAD

SAFE

2 WALKER Kyle
4 KABOUL Younes
5 VERTONGHEN Jan
8 PAULINHO
9 SOLDADO Roberto
15 CAPOUE Etienne
21 CHADLI Nacer
24 FRIEDEL Brad
25 LLORIS Hugo
30 SANDRO