• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Which Positions Should We Buy For?

Couldn't we use Townsend as Lennons competition? Saves us buying someone like Ince who we've been linked with.

I think my very long-winded post may not have actually gone through.. Basically: ST, WF, CM, LB. Prioritised in that order.

Couldn't we use Townsend as Lennons competition? Saves us buying someone like Ince who we've been linked with.
Of course but I'd like Ince too for £6M as he can play anywhere in the attacking third pretty well and will IMO only get better

Maybe. Townsend won't excel at keeping the width on the right though. He's left footed. He is alright with his right, but he excels at cutting across the box and firing at goal from the right hand side. So he would be more suited as a Bale replacement if we shifted to a 4-3-3.

Not seen anyone mention it, but I think we'll be in the market for a new goalkeeper this summer too.

Presumably Gomes will never play again at Spurs, right? So the question is whether or not Friedel still has what it takes to be our primary back-up for Lloris. Don't get me wrong, I think Brad has done a great job for us, but GHod forbid Lloris picks up an injury, are we happy to rely on Friedel as our number one for an extended period? I'm sure some people don't have a problem with that. I'm not so sure.

Not seen anyone mention it, but I think we'll be in the market for a new goalkeeper this summer too.

Presumably Gomes will never play again at Spurs, right? So the question is whether or not Friedel still has what it takes to be our primary back-up for Lloris. Don't get me wrong, I think Brad has done a great job for us, but GHod forbid Lloris picks up an injury, are we happy to rely on Friedel as our number one for an extended period? I'm sure some people don't have a problem with that. I'm not so sure.

Gomes broke is hand in April so that's not gonna make him easy to move on. Maybe he can reclaim the number 2 shirt if we have to keep him anyway.

Its hard to remove sentiment on this, I love Lennon and Dawson but in an ideal world, they would not be in my best 11.

I think if AVB is sticking with 4-2-3-1, he needs 2 wide men, a forward and a left back to come in and improve us.

Lloris
Walker-Kaboul-Jan-NEW
Sandro-Demebele
NEW - Bale - NEW
NEW

I think to compete for title, we need to spend upwards of 60 millions without losing any of our top players and this my friends is not going to happen when we have a stadium to pay for!

I can see they are trying to improve the youth input so that they can focus on bigger signings and not have to spread the budget over the squad, but that in itself is a big ask on youth development

Its hard to remove sentiment on this, I love Lennon and Dawson but in an ideal world, they would not be in my best 11.

I think if AVB is sticking with 4-2-3-1, he needs 2 wide men, a forward and a left back to come in and improve us.

Lloris
Walker-Kaboul-Jan-NEW
Sandro-Demebele
NEW - Bale - NEW
NEW

I think to compete for title, we need to spend upwards of 60 millions without losing any of our top players and this my friends is not going to happen when we have a stadium to pay for!

I can see they are trying to improve the youth input so that they can focus on bigger signings and not have to spread the budget over the squad, but that in itself is a big ask on youth development

I would agree with that.

Also townsend looks good. Cant wait to see him next season.

Shaun Maloney for the left wing?

Yes, most will laugh but he's done really well for Wigan and his freekicks are great too. He won't cost much either.

There's also Nacer Chadli of FC Twente who's a decent left sided attacker. Juventus, Ajax and Jol apparently want him.

One player I really hope we go for is Chicharito. He scored a goal ever 95 minutes this season which is amazing imv. Though with Rooney leaving is he realistic? I would imagine next season RVP and Welbeck will be starting, would Chicharito really want another season on the bench? I don't think so.

Back