• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Which managerial exit pained you the most?

Which managerial exit pained you the most?

• Total voters

90291Spur

Paul Walsh
I am going to say two. Jol, because of the manner in which it was done and how amazing the crowd was that night.
And AVB, not for any feelings towards him (as he has been handsomely paid of from two jobs) but because it makes me realize that this club I love, that I have watched through the second division years and the 80's then the fallow years up until our 'Moment of Promise' when Chel$ki won the CL, is fundamentally flawed and unless something miraculous happens we could be pretty ****ed.

Few clubs have got through as many managers as us in our recent history. A manager leaving always leaves a section of our fans hurting but which managerial exit pained you the most?

Re: Which managerial sacking pained you the most?

This will just be a Jol thread.
Didnt like the way he was sacked but he was never gonna progress the club.

Jol i loved the man, i loved our team after years of just following because it was our duty. I have never recovered from how we treated him, sometimes in life the has to be more to you as a person then just wanting success, for me jol made me feel good about supporting Tottenham, i will never give us up but i would love to feel that pride again.

Maybe in time Sherwood can do it, i was not expecting jol to be that man and he turned out to be the one. It is like when your friends with a bird who you think is pretty plain then one night your having a tug and you realise your thinking about her and actually she is hot. Maybe Sherwood can become the man. But Jol was and always will be the one for me.

That said i was massively ****ed when sugar got rid of venables, never watched his t.v. show and people that know me know not to mention it or him in front of me.

First come to mind was easily Jol.

I can't even begin to imagine what it must have felt like on that touchline knowing you were pretty much gone regardless. He looked heartbroken and so was I. Here was a guy that not many people really know a few years earlier, given this job as Tottenham manager out of nowhere and got us to fifth in his first full season, a game away from Champions League football which seemed almost impossible before the season started. Got us that win against Chelsea etc.

Jol, because he loved us, we loved him, and for a season and a bit, there was a great feel good factor around the club.

Harry and AVB made me feel like something is wrong, but neither managed to create that BMJ feeling.

Bill Nic and Burkinshaw were before my time. Not got a problem with any of the rest really.

Jol was a close 2nd but I would have to say Redknapp. Please allow me to explain before anyone stops reading; basically Redknapp ****ed up big time during his last season and part of me did want someone to pay for it, but I feel he deserved another season to correct the mistakes he made. Also felt we could have gone even higher in the league had Levy backed him in the two January transfer windows 2011 and 2012. Don't get me wrong, Levy had some good reasons to fire him, but he was the best manager we've had for 20 years and one season of underachievement did not warrant sacking in hindsight.

I did like Jol as he did return some glory to WHL, but I never quite got the love in between the fans and himself even though I did like the guy. Once again Levy left a lot to be desired in the way he sacked him (probably deserved till the end of the season) but I did also feel he had taken us as far as he could.

I'm saying AVB, simply because of the obvious lack of contingency planning in place.. When previous managers were sacked, I felt like we were making progress forwards (despite the love for BMJ), currently I feel like this could be a move that sets us back for a long, long time.

Jol for me. He made going to the Lane fun again.

He deserved more than for the fans to find out that he had been sacked before he did. I lost a lot of respect for the people running our club over that.

Obviously Jol as he was such a loveable bloke and the way it was done, Harry because he was doing so well before England rumours distracted him and derailed the season.

Not bothered by AVB going, didn't think he was up to it.

Now I just want us to get a proven manager in and leave him in place for at least 3 years.

None of them really. They all had good and bad points, but it always felt like it was about right to call time when they went.

Often, the most fun we get as Spurs fans is dreaming of the next manager. :lol:

El Tel, followed by Jol.

I genuine feel Terry would have had us challenging across the board in the early 90's onwards.

I loved Martin Jol and he loved me :(

Back