• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Where will we finish?

Spurs PL final position 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope Sunderland smash them on Saturday. End all speculations once and for all

MON has been a revelation and they've looked very, very solid lately

I'm really, really hoping Saudi Sportswashing Machine finish fourth. Despite all their bluster about being the best supported team in the land and having the best atmosphere,ground, etc, etc. (Three words. White. Hart. Lane), they're still a mighty fine team and I'd like to see their long-suffering fans get some respite. Even though they have been in the CL more times than we have. As for us, I predicted second. Should have gone for first,
following Bill Nick's 'echo of glory' principle, but I go by the assumption that if Bill Nick saw us today, and saw where we've been in the last couple of decades by comparison, he'd forgive us for aiming for second. As long as we win the title next year, of course.

Really? Is this the right, if so someone please explain it simple terms so I can breath easier.

Arsenal are currently on 40 points with another 42 available so for arguments sake if they won 12 and drew 2 games that would be 38 points and a final total of 78.

We currently have 50 points with 42 available so even with Arsenal possibly having that run, we only need 29 points from 42 and that is complete worst case scenario.

There is no way that Arsenal are picking up 38 points out of 42 and thats before even taking into account our relative GD scores which at the moment I believe we are +7 ahead of Arsenal.
That might sound brash, it might sound arrogant but the chances of Arsenal being able to muster that run, combined with us blowing up and losing 4-5 games while they lose none are virtually nil given the swing it would require.

Chelsea are our threat and as I said I expect that fight to go to the last day. They will need to beat Blackburn at home whilst needing us to lose at home to Fulham. They might fulfil the part they can influence but we will not be losing at home to Fulham.

Arsenal are currently on 40 points with another 42 available so for arguments sake if they won 12 and drew 2 games that would be 38 points and a final total of 78.

We currently have 50 points with 42 available so even with Arsenal possibly having that run, we only need 29 points from 42 and that is complete worst case scenario.

There is no way that Arsenal are picking up 38 points out of 42 and thats before even taking into account our relative GD scores which at the moment I believe we are +7 ahead of Arsenal.
That might sound brash, it might sound arrogant but the chances of Arsenal being able to muster that run, combined with us blowing up and losing 4-5 games while they lose none are virtually nil given the swing it would require.

Chelsea are our threat and as I said I expect that fight to go to the last day. They will need to beat Blackburn at home whilst needing us to lose at home to Fulham. They might fulfil the part they can influence but we will not be losing at home to Fulham.

I know what you say is true, but that post by Uncle Mike on Arse-mania or wherever had me spooked for a bit. If we lose three on the bounce, and they win three on the bounce...luckily it seems very, very unlikely that both those things would occur simultaneously. Still, I'd wager the points gap will be significantly shorter than it is now by the end of the season. I'm going with six points between us and them, and three between us and Chelsea (or Saudi Sportswashing Machine).

I know what you say is true, but that post by Uncle Mike on Arse-mania or wherever had me spooked for a bit. If we lose three on the bounce, and they win three on the bounce...luckily it seems very, very unlikely that both those things would occur simultaneously. Still, I'd wager the points gap will be significantly shorter than it is now by the end of the season. I'm going with six points between us and them, and three between us and Chelsea (or Saudi Sportswashing Machine).

That could possibly happen, they could win 3 on the bounce and us lose 3 on the bounce starting in this period now. But, do you think that they will beat Liverpool, Stoke, Everton and Sunderland away? Thats before taking into account Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea at home? Just a taster of some of their matches and I think they will end up with around 27 points from the last 14 games and I think we will take around 24 points so I think yes it will be a little smaller the gap but not that much, around 7-8 points in our favour.

That could possibly happen, they could win 3 on the bounce and us lose 3 on the bounce starting in this period now. But, do you think that they will beat Liverpool, Stoke, Everton and Sunderland away? Thats before taking into account Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea at home? Just a taster of some of their matches and I think they will end up with around 27 points from the last 14 games and I think we will take around 24 points so I think yes it will be a little smaller the gap but not that much, around 7-8 points in our favour.

Yes, it does seem a wee bit less ominous, now you put it that way. Thanks for setting my mind at ease, for the moment at least. Ta!

Yes, it does seem a wee bit less ominous, now you put it that way. Thanks for setting my mind at ease, for the moment at least. Ta!

No worries lol! I think if it did happen you would have to hold your hands up and say well done to them for putting together such a run but I am as confident as I can be that you won't need to be saying anything of the sort to them.

Back