• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Where will we finish?

Spurs PL final position 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i'd take 11 points from the next 7 games now all day long. it's above par from those fixtures if you ask me. we need just to avoid total disaster.

would be certainties for a top 3 place and on course for 75+ points. no one outside the top 3 is even looking like getting to 70 at the moment.

Agreed, and actually I would say that extends to Liverpool as well. Three draws out of those games would be great in the quest for third.

I've had a rethink and now I want
3rd - us
4th - Saudi Sportswashing Machine
5th - Chelski
6th - Liverpool (already in Europa due to Carling Cup win)
7th - Arsenal (Europa place gained following defeat in cup final to Tottenham Hotspur)

Imagine that was the game to secure the double?

Revenge for 91 or the best day for Tottenham Hotspur ever

second. city falter and hand the title to their annoying rivals. we miss it by one point after drawing with spew-nited at old trafford.

i just told you the fudging middle ground.. it's disappointment all round! (unless we win the thing of course, which i doubt we will) ..

second. city falter and hand the title to their annoying rivals. we miss it by one point after drawing with spew-nited at old trafford.

after we have a goal wrongly disallowed, having clearly crossed the line, denying us the win and hence the extra two points we required to win the league.

it hurts just typing it.

It's up to us to make next weekend count
Liverpool away to United
Chelsea away to Everton
Arsenal away to Sunderland.

If we could just get something from tomorrow to take into it, we have a massive oppurtunity to possibly open up a bigger gap before the Arsenal and United games

must win? :D

Voted 3rd

Considering our operating budget and wage bill compared to Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool - that's the equivalent of winning a trophy for most self-sufficient club.

In addition - having kept abreast with a team having just spend 1 billion pounds and another with nearly 1 billion world-wide fans and a stadium double our capacity - monumental achievement

I honestly don't think we will finish above 3rd, the game away to Chelsea will have a major impact on our final position, I am 75% sure we will finish 3rd

after we have a goal wrongly disallowed, having clearly crossed the line, denying us the win and hence the extra two points we required to win the league.

it hurts just typing it.

Mate, we've already played there - we lost 3-0.

I was told that about Stoke away last year

Last nights performance gave me more confidence in thinking we wont blow up this season. I know we werent superb attack-wise, but we werent full strength either.

Which brings me too....
United fan at work today. Discussing our performance I mentioned we had 7 players missing last night, to which he replies,

MU "Did you? Looked full strength to me, who was missing?"
Me "Well Van der Vaart for starter"
MU "But he doesnt play every week and never plays a full game, so you cant count him"
Me "Really??? No Lennon, No Defoe"
MU "Neither do they..."
Me "No Kaboul"
MU "King played whats your problem? plus you had that bloke Livermore"

At that point the conversation stopped because I walked off

I really feel that the next 3 league games are key. 7 points from 9 - however they come and I think that Chelsea will have too much to do in overhauling our lead in the battle for 3rd. Less than 6 points and it will be in the balance. Arsenal are going to have to go unbeaten for the rest of the season as well as winning 12 of the 14 left to have any chance of overtaking us so I am not concerned with them.

Can't see us winning the league, I just see too many dropped points to trouble City/United. We won't win at Chelsea, Sunderland or QPR imo and I suspect we might have a struggle to win at Bolton and Everton. However, fixtures like Blackburn, Swansea and Norwich at home are real bonuses at the back end of the season as well as finishing off with a struggling Fulham.

Chelsea's run in works in our favour as they have to go away to Liverpool, Arsenal and Fulham with Saudi Sportswashing Machine, QPR and Blackburn as their last 6 but I have a feeling that 3rd will go down to the last day with Chelsea needing to win and hope we lose against Fulham, which won't be happening.

I really feel that the next 3 league games are key. 7 points from 9 - however they come and I think that Chelsea will have too much to do in overhauling our lead in the battle for 3rd. Less than 6 points and it will be in the balance. Arsenal are going to have to go unbeaten for the rest of the season as well as winning 12 of the 14 left to have any chance of overtaking us so I am not concerned with them.

Can't see us winning the league, I just see too many dropped points to trouble City/United. We won't win at Chelsea, Sunderland or QPR imo and I suspect we might have a struggle to win at Bolton and Everton. However, fixtures like Blackburn, Swansea and Norwich at home are real bonuses at the back end of the season as well as finishing off with a struggling Fulham.

Chelsea's run in works in our favour as they have to go away to Liverpool, Arsenal and Fulham with Saudi Sportswashing Machine, QPR and Blackburn as their last 6 but I have a feeling that 3rd will go down to the last day with Chelsea needing to win and hope we lose against Fulham, which won't be happening.

Really? Is this the right, if so someone please explain it simple terms so I can breath easier.

Even the ever-pessimistic me is edging towards 3rd now. The HR verdict today should be a massive boost to the Club and hopefully we wil kick-on from here for the remaining 18 :D games

i think we will finish 4th... i can still see chelsea coming good, and with our next 6 or so games ending with chelsea away... i think we will be about level with them by then... then we will be pipped at the post to 3rd...

i hope not though, top dog ini london is what we should be focused on... top 2 is a stretch too far... next season with RVP signed and a decent CB to replace Gallas and possibly king and we will be right up here again

Back