• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Where will we finish?

Spurs PL final position 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I understand everyone would be delighted with Saudi Sportswashing Machine getting fourth ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea etc. But Saudi Sportswashing Machine are like us in that they're serial underachievers, and if they qualified for the CL they would become yet another club that could beat us to the signing of top players as unlike us they aren't afraid to pay top dollar for wages.....

Third. United and City will pull away, Chelsea are capable of pushing us for third but if we keep bullying everyone else it is ours.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine fourth is a great shout but I want arsenal in fifth and Europa that will kill their so called squad next year. Liverpool 6th then Chelsea 7th???? Oh how we'll lol

I understand everyone would be delighted with Saudi Sportswashing Machine getting fourth ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea etc. But Saudi Sportswashing Machine are like us in that they're serial underachievers, and if they qualified for the CL they would become yet another club that could beat us to the signing of top players as unlike us they aren't afraid to pay top dollar for wages.....
They used to be a club that paid top dollar for wages, and eventually it got them in the financial brick house. They aren't going to be doing that with Mike Ashely in charge.

I voted with my heart, which says third, but I was close to Mass Suicide. I've just been burnt so many times as a Spurs fan.

The only thing that makes me think we'll do it is that although it's conceivable we might get 11pts out of the next 21, the teams below us, Saudi Sportswashing Machine aside who look relatively consistent, are terrible and very inconsistent. I just can't see any of Luckerpool, Chelski or Ar5ena1 going on a proper run.

I voted with my heart, which says third, but I was close to Mass Suicide. I've just been burnt so many times as a Spurs fan.

The only thing that makes me think we'll do it is that although it's conceivable we might get 11pts out of the next 21, the teams below us, Saudi Sportswashing Machine aside who look relatively consistent, are terrible and very inconsistent. I just can't see any of Luckerpool, Chelski or Ar5ena1 going on a proper run.

I think thats a good target. I'm pretty sure that would still have us 3rd, but only just, before the Swansea game. I would be delighted with that

Can't see Ashley splashing the cash and a one off qualification for the CL doesn't necessarily get you any player you want as we've learned.

I think thats a good target. I'm pretty sure that would still have us 3rd, but only just, before the Swansea game. I would be delighted with that

I would have taken 3rd gleefully before the season started, and chewed my own foot off if offered 3rd after our first 2 games.

So I voted 3rd.

I still have a sneaking suspicion though that something very special could happen over the next 3 months.\o/

Yes, I see it as, which is definitely worst case scenario:

- Luckerpool - 1pt
- Toon - 3pts
- Scum - 1pt
- Yanited - 1pt
- Chelski - 1pt
- Everton - 1pt
- Swansea - 3pts

*Stoke rearranged due to FA Cup progression. I think it's crucial we don't lose to Chelsea and Arsenal, which would see them gain significantly on us.

It's up to us to make next weekend count
Liverpool away to United
Chelsea away to Everton
Arsenal away to Sunderland.

If we could just get something from tomorrow to take into it, we have a massive oppurtunity to possibly open up a bigger gap before the Arsenal and United games

I can see the logic in that. Would still be funny if they finished above the other 3 though. If I had to pick between Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal I'd probably pick Chelsea cos it means Liverpool will keep spending millions of average players. Chelsea will spend regardless.

As some teams start to reach their pre season target of survival we will start getting some odd results. Hopefully we can benefit from that in our run in.

Yes, I see it as, which is definitely worst case scenario:

- Luckerpool - 1pt
- Toon - 3pts
- Scum - 1pt
- Yanited - 1pt
- Chelski - 1pt
- Everton - 1pt
- Swansea - 3pts

*Stoke rearranged due to FA Cup progression. I think it's crucial we don't lose to Chelsea and Arsenal, which would see them gain significantly on us.

Thats the key to it all, plus throw in the Liverpool game as a dont-lose. 6 pt gap can is gone in no time with a couple of defeats

I think it's crucial we don't lose to Chelsea and Arsenal, which would see them gain significantly on us.

Agreed, and actually I would say that extends to Liverpool as well. Three draws out of those games would be great in the quest for third.

I've had a rethink and now I want
3rd - us
4th - Saudi Sportswashing Machine
5th - Chelski
6th - Liverpool (already in Europa due to Carling Cup win)
7th - Arsenal (Europa place gained following defeat in cup final to Tottenham Hotspur)

Back