• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Where are they now - Richard Gough

I remember being so happy when we bought him and completely non-plussed when he left , never seemed right. The reasons for him leaving are a little clearer now. Thanks.

Had we had Graham Roberts in midfield in that 86/87 team, we would have had the right blend of silk and steel to win the title. Bit too much silk in there not enough steel imo.

Mabbsy did have great season but alas provided the moment that archived that song away.

Yes unfortunately he did, it was a shame that we just never turned up for that game and it was the first time i had seen us look so flat in what had been a great season. It used to tinkle me off listening to the pundits of the time saying what a great game it was, the truth is it was one of our worst performances of the season and we never got going.

It was the first time i had seen us lose at Wembley in a FA cup final and to make it worse it was the last game GHod played for us ( who was the best i have seen in a Spurs shirt) and he in all honesty poor as well. I took my Dad ( who was a City supporter) on my sons ST to the game and blamed him for our showing. ;)

Yes unfortunately he did, it was a shame that we just never turned up for that game and it was the first time i had seen us look so flat in what had been a great season. It used to tinkle me off listening to the pundits of the time saying what a great game it was, the truth is it was one of our worst performances of the season and we never got going.

It was the first time i had seen us lose at Wembley in a FA cup final and to make it worse it was the last game GHod played for us ( who was the best i have seen in a Spurs shirt) and he in all honesty poor as well. I took my Dad ( who was a City supporter) on my sons ST to the game and blamed him for our showing. ;)

The most memorable thing about that game to me was listening to it by a pool in Orlando on a short wave radio, no universal coverage of football on tv in them days.

man was a rock - before king and woody, him and mabbsy was the best cd pairing i knew at the lane

He was a great player for us and a massive loss. Demonstrated by the length and quality of career he went in to have.

I blame Pleat, and suspect I’m not 100% wrong by what he said about Venables at the end of that video...

Did you not read that I watched the video, and picked up an indirect Gough had made regarding the manager choice?
Yes, but Glenda's Legs and Parklane said he was only ever coming for one season as he couldn't go direct from Dundee to Rangers.
And Parklaner81 added a link to this:

"He is keen to stress that his move to Glasgow Rangers was for personal reasons, with his wife at the time having just lost her father and the couple suffering with homesickness”

So it is harsh to blame Pleat

Yes, but Glenda's Legs and Parklane said he was only ever coming for one season as he couldn't go direct from Dundee to Rangers.
And Parklaner81 added a link to this:

"He is keen to stress that his move to Glasgow Rangers was for personal reasons, with his wife at the time having just lost her father and the couple suffering with homesickness”

So it is harsh to blame Pleat

Yes, and my further point was that although thats what was directly said, there was just a glimmer of a suggestion of something else in addition to the above.

No biggie though, peace man.

He was always going to rangers, it was his family's club.
Should bear in mind that the football landscape has changed a lot since then, rangers where a big club paying a lot of money in wages. They were well run at that stage to, not like later on.
They poached a few good players from us, Gough, Roberts, Falco.

Not sure you'd be using the death of your wife's father as an excuse if it wasn't true. It would be quite easy to slag off Pleat if he was the reason.

If you listen to a lot of the players from the 80’s team, there was a lot of dislike for Pleat - so maybe that’s why the comment about it being a shame he didn’t get to stay as he’d have liked to have played for El Tel, stuck out a little.

If you listen to a lot of the players from the 80’s team, there was a lot of dislike for Pleat - so maybe that’s why the comment about it being a shame he didn’t get to stay as he’d have liked to have played for El Tel, stuck out a little.
You would have liked to play for me?

Back