1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

When you read something and think of a forum member

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by Danishfurniturelover, 11 Jul 2019.

1. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Cecil Poynton

@scara

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...ef-marc-veyrat-demands-removal-michelin-guide

Knives are being sharpened in the elite world of French gastronomy after an acclaimed chef demanded that his restaurant, which recently lost one of its three stars, be withdrawn from the Michelin Guide – a request the publishers of the iconic red book have refused.

In an extraordinary letter, revealed by Le Point, Marc Veyrat railed against his demotion in January, voicing his doubts that the guide’s inspectors had even visited his restaurant, La Maison des Bois, in the Haute Savoie.

“I have been depressed for six months. How dare you take the health of your chefs hostage?” wrote Veyrat, who is known for his signature black hat. When Gordon Ramsay was stripped of a Michelin star at his New York restaurant, he compared the experience to losing a girlfriend and losing the Champions League.

Veyrat denounced the “profound incompetence” of the guide’s inspectors. “They dared to say that we put cheddar in our souffle of reblochon, beaufort and tomme! They have insulted our region; my employees were furious,” he said, according to Le Monde. “When we have eggs from our chickens, milk from our cows, and two botanists collect our plants every morning!”

scaramanga likes this.
  2. galeforce

galeforce Tony Galvin

Monsieur Veyrat should file a DSR, they'll have to remove him then.

3. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Steffen Iversen

I saw a salad cake earlier and that made me think of here. Why would you have a salad cake?! That’s the most stupid idea I’ve ever seen.

4. MKSpur

MKSpur Sergei Rebrov

5. Seedy Ron

Seedy Ron Simon Davies