• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

When was the last time we...

NLS

Gordon Durie
27-2......

Almost unbelievably that is the amount of goals we have conceded and scored against the teams currently occupying the top four places in the league. That also equates to one point from 8 games against said teams...

Disgraceful to say the least.

I doubt if there has ever been in the league who have had such a poor record...

I could rant about individuals but that would take too long. Players make mistakes on the pitch and nobody ****s them off.. they just trudge back or move forward to take yet another kick off.

Serious things wrong with our beloved club and I am gutted.

Re: 27-2......

it feels as if we have gone backwards by 5 years or more....but a good manager, some PACE in the team, and things may look different.

does anyone have to hand the records for Arsenal Everton and United against the top 4/3 - just for comparison purposes ?

Why is so much emphasis placed on beating the top four? Its all I hear and its what was aimed at Harry as one of the reasons for him being '****'

If we won our games against the lesser sides this season we WOULD be top four right now. Beating the others will win you the league but baby steps yeah.

What's crazy is our record vs the rest.

W 17 D 4 L 3 F 42 A 17 GD 25 PTS 55

That's probably the best we've ever done against the rest. It's not all doom and gloom.

Why is so much emphasis placed on beating the top four? Its all I hear and its what was aimed at Harry as one of the reasons for him being '****'

If we won our games against the lesser sides this season we WOULD be top four right now. Beating the others will win you the league but baby steps yeah.

probably because it gives you an idea of how you measure up against your rivals...that and it's embarrassing getting thrashed

That's probably the best we've ever done against the rest. It's not all doom and gloom.

This. What is strange about this season is that if we get five wins and a draw from our last six games (very achievable), then we'll finish on 72 points, the same as last season but without a turbo-charged Bale. If we win all six, we'll finish with 74 points, our highest ever PL points tally, and that's despite all these maulings. Strange.

that is much better reading though

win 4 of our last 6 and we'll be 3 points off what we got last season

Last year our record against the same sides:

Liverpool:
Won 2-1 (H) Lost 3-2 (A)

Emirates Marketing Project:
Lost 2-1 (A) Won 3-1 (H)

Arsenal:
Lost 5-2 (A) Won 2-1 (H)

Chelsea:
Lost 4-2 (H) Drew 2-2 (A)

W3 L4 D1 PTS 10

If we look against the top 4 last year then it's results v Man Utd:

Won 2-1 (A) Drew 1-1 (H)

Meaning:

W3 L3 D2 PTS 11

probably because it gives you an idea of how you measure up against your rivals...that and it's embarrassing getting thrashed

Oh I agree its embarrassing getting thrashed and it hurts but if we beat the other teams and finished fourth I wouldnt care if we got thrashed by the liverpools and Man Citys of this world - the bigger picture is more important. If we beat the likes of West Ham, West Brom AT HOME, we would be top four - or there or there abouts atleast.

I dont think it is an indication of how you measure up - if you finish above them and you can do that by beating the rest

I think that just shows the widening gap in the PL, as good as that looks the top 6 all have that record (or very similar) against the rest

it's the games against our rivals which determine our final place

Which to me says it's not about the personnel, our players are good enough to put those numbers up.

However when it's against the best and tactics, organization, motivation counts ... we fall on our face

We sold our best player and replaced with ****e while the top 4 all improved their teams from last season. Don't really understand why everyone's so surprised by this

I think its symptomatic of having so many changes. For the biggest games, you need a settled team. There just isn't the margin for error that you get in the 'lesser' games. For example, we would not have come back from the mistakes against Southampton if they were a top 4 team.

All season we've had upheaval. From Bale staying/ out, to a load of new players we didn't know what to do with, to changing formations, managers, injuries. As a player if you come into the Spurs side returning from injury or starting to show some form, there is no establish team for you to slot into. Its just a bunch of equally unsure players and manager trying to get by. In fact we've got by okay and some credit is due. But there is almost no consistency or stability.

I think our biggest problem is that we are seen as a big game and treated as such, unfortunately we are not capable of performing for 90mins under such pressure, we don't have the composure, tactics or quality to achieve anything in these games.

The way I see it there are three teams out on their own in terms of being very good, dishing out many hammerings to every team regularly (Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea).

Then there is Arsenal, Everton and ourselves, prone to getting battered by the above set but capable of beating most others.

Man Utd, Southampton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine come next, might get the odd point against the teams above them but mostly rely on smashing bottom half teams for points accumulation.

Then the rest (although sides like Swansea and Stoke are perhaps a level above many of them).

exposes the lack of mental strength and concentration when dealing with a better class of opposition. nothing a good manager cannot fix given time. Bring on LVG.

Not the best of days to be objective. So, our run in against beatable teams will be important and test mettle, who wants the shirt, etc. Not all Sherwoods fault, and my favourite buttplug he was appointed, but we need a top, top manager in the worst way, especially given our squad. And then, 3 or 4 of the newbies may come good. If you hit on 4 of the 8 summer signings that's prolly a decent return. And then sign a couple of real quality players over this coming summer, one of which is a striker. Not sure Soldado will work in PL, so need to sign one who will. Someone who will score and bail us out even when we play bad. And in addition for depth, assuming we are in EL, also sign a CB like Caulker or Williams, and a striker like McCormack or Deeney to eat up some minutes.

Last edited:
Back