• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

When did Britain lose the plot?

A passing observation, nothing to do with a womans race - simply her atire - in relation to the security measures in an airport.

Inappropriate behaviour? I dont agree.

What was inappropriate was trying to bully and intimidate and old man into apologising for a rascist comment that wasnt rascist.

Inappropriate was getting a Muslim colleague to join this scenario to get offended by the non-racist remark.

Monkeybarry, we are not debating the security procedure. We are debating the gentlemans comment with respect to the hajib. Do not delude yourself into thinking that this has anything to do with the security procedure.

The security procedure is oh so convenient to hide behind once someone's insensitive comment has been challenged for what it is. Which is - at best - nothing more than a tool to wedging a divide between the differing cultures.

T Bone I assume you are playing Devil's Advocate here and not being serious, Fireman Sam's comment was about passing through security with her face covered it was not a comment on her being a muslim therefore it was a questioning of the security at the airport.

The worst part is that Sharia Law has been institutionalised in this country. I mean they come here with the understanding that they have to accept our laws, not that we have to accept theirs. If they don't like it, then this is the wrong country for them

The worst part is that Sharia Law has been institutionalised in this country. I mean they come here with the understanding that they have to accept our laws, not that we have to accept theirs. If they don't like it, then this is the wrong country for them

I though Tommy Robinson was a Luton fan?

Can you provide me with 10 instances in the past 60 years of British law being changed through Muslim pressure or even due to Muslims indirectly?

And can you provide me with 5 ways in which the presence of 'them' has affected your life in the UK?

T Bone I assume you are playing Devil's Advocate here and not being serious, Fireman Sam's comment was about passing through security with her face covered it was not a comment on her being a muslim therefore it was a questioning of the security at the airport.

i posted that without even having to type! Cheers Camspur.

T Bone - it interests me that you took the stance you did. What in the article brought you to your conclusion that the gentleman in question was rascist or racially ignorant?

Monkeybarry, we are not debating the security procedure. We are debating the gentlemans comment with respect to the hajib. Do not delude yourself into thinking that this has anything to do with the security procedure.

The security procedure is oh so convenient to hide behind once someone's insensitive comment has been challenged for what it is. Which is - at best - nothing more than a tool to wedging a divide between the differing cultures.

the faux racism is an oh so convenient band wagon to jump on

"Do nothing to serve the needs of the people they are trying to protect or isolate".
Mr. Cooper, I suggest that they are doing something by challenging such inappropriate behaviour and comments.
If this sort of thing was left unkept and ignored, gradually the snide comments would get bigger and more hurtful and more commonplace. Before you know it we're living back in the 70's.

Is that what you want?

I congratulate the staff of the airport for making a stand.

And be prepared Mr. Cooper, when you post a topic on a public forum, people are going to comment. It's the idea of a thread. If you want me to 'stick my comments' just because you disagree - I suggest you refrain from posting in the first place!
Good day.

Then comment on the story, not on your misplaced and erroneous view of my need for diversity training (bellend euphemism for political brainwashing) you patronising so and so.

You like others in this thread, have looked at this as an attack on Muslim people, when it isn't.

The incident, if it has been accurately reported is a sad indictment of the muddled thinking of chumps like you, who seem to forget what the security staff at airports are trying to do - and trying to prevent. Creating a culture of being too afraid to comment is hardly a shining example of diversity training doing its job, is it?

So Mr Bonehead, before you mount your podium of self appointed righteousness, I suggest you address the isues in the real world, and not the ****eyed view that twits like you take on things. I'm pretty sure that the majority of Muslims think people like you are tacos, for finding it more impoortant for security staff to take a stand on religious consciousness rather than the basics of stopping people dying at the hands of a religious nutcase. I doubt very much that the family of dead muslims who died in an aircraft bombing by deranged muslims will get much solace from the fact that "Oh well at least our childs murderer was a fellow Muslim."

I can take any amount of disagreement on anything I post, but not if its some tangential load of twaddle that has little or no relevance to the highlighting of a spectacular own goal by the gormless chumps who invent macaronic terms like diversity training and use it to peddle an agenda that bears little resemblance to the real issues in a real world.

Lol! Is that what you want? Coz that's what'll happen! We're heading back to the 70s!

Mick, cracking post mate. I'm especially delighted with your use of tangential.

Then comment on the story, not on your misplaced and erroneous view of my need for diversity training (bellend euphemism for political brainwashing) you patronising so and so.

You like others in this thread, have looked at this as an attack on Muslim people, when it isn't.

The incident, if it has been accurately reported is a sad indictment of the muddled thinking of chumps like you, who seem to forget what the security staff at airports are trying to do - and trying to prevent. Creating a culture of being too afraid to comment is hardly a shining example of diversity training doing its job, is it?

So Mr Bonehead, before you mount your podium of self appointed righteousness, I suggest you address the isues in the real world, and not the ****eyed view that twits like you take on things. I'm pretty sure that the majority of Muslims think people like you are tacos, for finding it more impoortant for security staff to take a stand on religious consciousness rather than the basics of stopping people dying at the hands of a religious nutcase. I doubt very much that the family of dead muslims who died in an aircraft bombing by deranged muslims will get much solace from the fact that "Oh well at least our childs murderer was a fellow Muslim."

I can take any amount of disagreement on anything I post, but not if its some tangential load of twaddle that has little or no relevance to the highlighting of a spectacular own goal by the gormless chumps who invent macaronic terms like diversity training and use it to peddle an agenda that bears little resemblance to the real issues in a real world.

Mr. Cooper, I have clearly upset you and for that I am not sorry.
To debate an issue such as this on a public forum takes a level head, a grasp of the facts, and a willingness to appreciate views other than your own.

I stand by my views. Unlike you, I will also not let this get personal and resort to insults.

Whilst you may feel you can intimidate and belittle others from behind your keyboard; I am not one of them.

To quote you:

No, the incident has been reported to sell a newspaper. The incident is totally one sided as such we only have Fireman Sams word as to what actually happened. And you, like all the other mischief-makers chose to take that as gospel.

He has claimed to have said ÔÇ£If I was wearing this scarf over my face I wonder what would happen?ÔÇØ
Really? Why would you wear a scarf over you face? It is not a symbol of his culture or religious belief. What a stupid comment. What is it, if itÔÇÖs not to provoke a reaction?

Why does Sam feel the need to single her out. A proud Muslum woman minding her own business passing through security. Is it to let off some steam perhaps, because the world is changing. It is no longer ruled by the British Empire and we are no longer living in the dark ages.

Now for a lesson in diversity ÔÇô which you so openly detest.
If she was wearing the Hijab, her face would have been there for all to see. However the inaccurate and misleading report to which you base your crusade on makes the mistake of claiming she was wearing a hijab ÔÇÿwithout showing her faceÔÇÖ.

This sounds more like a Niqab. But then youÔÇÖd know that had you been given some diversity training by those you refer to as ÔÇÿgormless chumpsÔÇÖ.

If I were to be constructive about your post, from itÔÇÖs tone, you appear nothing more than a firebrand. A politically incorrect attention seeker whoÔÇÖs clearly after some kind of cult following on a message board.

Pathetic.

i posted that without even having to type! Cheers Camspur.

T Bone - it interests me that you took the stance you did. What in the article brought you to your conclusion that the gentleman in question was rascist or racially ignorant?

I'm sorry I must have missed the bit in my post where I made reference to the male being racist or racially ignorant.
So I re-read it. I still can't find it....

Can you provide me with 10 instances in the past 60 years of British law being changed through Muslim pressure or even due to Muslims indirectly?

Treatment of livestock? Exemption for Halal (and Kosher!) meat from the usual requirements? Not sure we'd be killing animals in that way if it wasn't for the religious requirements. Questionable how much Muslim influence on this though when other countries, also with significant Muslim populations, don't allow any exemption for Halal. Similar to many other issues, actually. Banning Christmas? As if the vast majority Muslims give a toss or are offended by Christmas decorations etc.

I'm sorry I must have missed the bit in my post where I made reference to the male being racist or racially ignorant.
So I re-read it. I still can't find it....

sorry, maybe i infered some context from the below that wasn't actually there :-"

"What's insane is to use such a comment in these sensitive times we live in.
Granted Fireman Sam may be old and set in his ways but it was a totally needless and irresponsible thing to say.

He (and anyone else who uses such idiotic comments) should be put on a Government ran diversity training course, not as a form of punishment, but to raise their levels of awareness.

And anyone who posts these sort of stories on a public form claiming outrage should also look at some Diversity training themselves IMHO. Or maybe they're just vying for some needed attention?
"

so, if he wasn't being racially ignorant - what exactly are you getting at?

I think the point, T-Bone, is that detaining a man for making a throw-away quip, regardless of how tasteless, is at very best mission creep. What right do airport staff have to detain a man for making a tasteless comment? To then actively seek out an employee who may be directly offended by it, so that he can apologise to her is simply ridiculous. What if he had made a remark about a fat person, should they then have sought out the fattest member of the security team to apologise to, by way of fat sensitivity training?

Other than the direct member of staff that heard the comment and his/her line manager telling him that that sort of comment is unacceptable and he should keep his thoughts to himself in future, what right do they have to treat anyone that way?

As for diversity training, why shouldn't people be allowed to remain ignorant? Are you telling me that every immigrant that comes to the UK is fully versed in English culture and how not to offend us? Never mind Muslim's, I've been in Irish pubs in Kilburn where I was practically hounded out but the locals for being English... Not much diversity there, who do I write to to send them on a course?

So some old guy, from a generation that used to watch Alf Garnet and It Ain't Half Hot Ma'am made a tasteless remark and you think he should be forced onto a diversity training course?

I'll tell you that the problem in this conversation is you, if you think that people should be forced to indentify with others. It is absolutely no business of yours or anyone else's how anyone else regards the world and the people around them. This man didn't cause any distress. If anything, the problem was created when the security staff sought to escalate the matter.

Next time I bump into some elderly Chinese woman by accident in China town and she reacts by spitting at my feet and wishes "A thousand lacerations to your turtle head" to me in Mandarin, I may just have to report her to the sensitivity police... Either that, or I might just ignore her as part of an ageing generation.

Back