• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Whatever happens...

90291Spur

Paul Walsh
Yes, one point from 15 is unacceptable. Yes, the fact that we are in a scrap for top 4 after what we had done is terrible BUT, whatever happens, we are (for better or worse) deeply loyal followers of a great football club. And what has been achieved so far this season is remarkable. Given all the challenges in our way (not just the financial) - delays to the new stadium, injuries, fixture congestion, lack of signings, we are still in with a great shout of getting CL football again.

We all care deeply about this team, this club, rich in history and heart. We all see things our own way, and ruck with some and agree with others. And in other threads in other forums, come together to support strangers going though hard times in life. And for many of us, what happens on that patch of green to those young chaps wearing our historic Lilywhite means a great deal. For those of us lucky (and old) enough to have witnessed greatness at White Hart Lane, away grounds and Wembley, these defeats hurt.

So whatever happens for the end of this season, let’s get behind the team (and try and be understanding of how we all react differently) however we can. And whatever happens, remember that we support a great club and a team that is committed to winning.

COYS!!!!

Yes, one point from 15 is unacceptable. Yes, the fact that we are in a scrap for top 4 after what we had done is terrible BUT, whatever happens, we are (for better or worse) deeply loyal followers of a great football club. And what has been achieved so far this season is remarkable. Given all the challenges in our way (not just the financial) - delays to the new stadium, injuries, fixture congestion, lack of signings, we are still in with a great shout of getting CL football again.

We all care deeply about this team, this club, rich in history and heart. We all see things our own way, and ruck with some and agree with others. And in other threads in other forums, come together to support strangers going though hard times in life. And for many of us, what happens on that patch of green to those young chaps wearing our historic Lilywhite means a great deal. For those of us lucky (and old) enough to have witnessed greatness at White Hart Lane, away grounds and Wembley, these defeats hurt.

So whatever happens for the end of this season, let’s get behind the team (and try and be understanding of how we all react differently) however we can. And whatever happens, remember that we support a great club and a team that is committed to winning.

COYS!!!!

Well said that man. I felt absolutely gutted by yesterday – I still do. Nothing hurts me more than losing to those bindipping clams and to lose in that way was heartbreaking. The fact it helps their title bid really sticks in my throat. As that ball pathetically squeezed over the line and the realisation dawned that we’d gifted them three points, I cursed the day I ever started supporting this club.

But it’ll pass. It’s already started to. I've done this dozens of times before and will probably do it dozens of times again. It makes the good times all the sweeter.

F**k it, even if Kane and Alli leave, the stadium falls down and Pochettino goes to Arsenal, I’ll still love this club. There’s no getting away from it. If Tottenham was a woman, I’d have dumped her years ago. But it’s my football club and it’s for life…for better or for worse.

Spurs will be here and stronger in 10 years .. Levy has ensured that.

Now does have the feeling of an end of era (and hopefully the start of a new brighter one), the stadium, likely the end for a group of players, if not this summer, within next 18 months (Dembele, Toby, Eriksen, Wanyama, Rose, Vorm, probably even Jan after next season, maybe Lamela)

Think people miss the all the positives of the last decade with the season we have had ..

It’s always darkest before the dawn, if this is the worst season we have going forward then I will certainly take that.

It wasn’t too long ago that we were fighting for EL places each year and not even considering being in a title race, look at us now. We have taken a huge stride in the right direction, next season could be something spectacular.

COYS!!!!

Could not agree more, we have hit a brick wall over the last few games but we are still in there fighting for the top four. This club has really come so far in the last decade and now with the new stadium the future ( i believe) is looking good. This club will always be my first love and despite the way the game has gone over the last few years it ( and i dislike it overall) the Spurs will always have a place in my heart and i will continue to follow them for as long as i can.

You can stick your financially doped clubs up your arse along with Sky and the likes, greedy players, the media, i am Spurs and proud of it.

I was expecting a good leathering from our trip yesterday. Yes, I was bloody annoyed the loss was self-inflicted but was pleased with the second-half performance.

After overcoming our lengthy stay at Wembley and the new stadium delays this season and let us not forget the squad deficiencies especially in our midfield. I think we have done bloody well when all these are taken into consideration.
If you would have offered me our current position at the beginning of this season I would have bitten you're hand off.

I was expecting a good leathering from our trip yesterday. Yes, I was bloody annoyed the loss was self-inflicted but was pleased with the second-half performance.

After overcoming our lengthy stay at Wembley and the new stadium delays this season and let us not forget the squad deficiencies especially in our midfield. I think we have done bloody well when all these are taken into consideration.
If you would have offered me our current position at the beginning of this season I would have bitten you're hand off.

I know we're on a bad run but all things in perspective, this is absolutely on the money.

Happy fudging clappers everywhere. Be miserable like the rest of us you fudges.
The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Crack-Up", Esquire Magazine (February 1936).

The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Crack-Up", Esquire Magazine (February 1936).
Sounds like happy clapper brick to me
edit or cognitive dissonance

I’m more tinkled off about potentially helping Liverpool win the league than losing the game.

I know this sounds childish and naive, but for me it always boils down to the fact that ... I'm supporting Spurs. Thank GHod I'm not supporting any of those red clams. I'm so glad I'm Tottenham. We got soul and identity. I love our club. Chelski have bought their success, City the same, Liverpool ... well, a chapter of their own. Scum are Scum and all that entails (just have a look at Arsenal fan TV), and ManYoo is ... well, when I grew up, people supported them because they won everything - the ones I know are mostly spoilt brats who say they don't really pay attention and have started wrestling or something when United are brick. fudge them.

Of course I'd like us to get Champions League and finish above Scum, but ... I just don't care that much about the abuse anymore. Oh, you say Scum finished above us? We got no trophies? I don't care. fudge you and your brick club. You're red and you moved in from Woolwich, got brick fans and a brick stadium, I don't give a fudge about you. I love to rub it in your faces when we beat you, but losing, well, I just don't care that much anymore. It hurts for an hour or two, but then I take comfort in the fact that I'm Spurs, and thankfully none of those other teams.

Just being Spurs is the thing. We could get relegated and I'd still take pride in being a Tottenham fan. That's what it's about to me. Club identity. fudge whinging and crying when you don't win every trophy under the sun. We're Spurs and we support our boys regardless.

Fans of other clubs will tell themselves the same story, of course, but that don't make my story less valid, in my opinion. It's not only about success, it's about an identity and a connection to the club and fellow fans, and a shared history. Of course we all want to win stuff, but it's not all about that. fudge the red ones, up the Spurs!

I know this sounds childish and naive, but for me it always boils down to the fact that ... I'm supporting Spurs. Thank GHod I'm not supporting any of those red clams. I'm so glad I'm Tottenham. We got soul and identity. I love our club. Chelski have bought their success, City the same, Liverpool ... well, a chapter of their own. Scum are Scum and all that entails (just have a look at Arsenal fan TV), and ManYoo is ... well, when I grew up, people supported them because they won everything - the ones I know are mostly spoilt brats who say they don't really pay attention and have started wrestling or something when United are brick. fudge them.

Of course I'd like us to get Champions League and finish above Scum, but ... I just don't care that much about the abuse anymore. Oh, you say Scum finished above us? We got no trophies? I don't care. fudge you and your brick club. You're red and you moved in from Woolwich, got brick fans and a brick stadium, I don't give a fudge about you. I love to rub it in your faces when we beat you, but losing, well, I just don't care that much anymore. It hurts for an hour or two, but then I take comfort in the fact that I'm Spurs, and thankfully none of those other teams.

Just being Spurs is the thing. We could get relegated and I'd still take pride in being a Tottenham fan. That's what it's about to me. Club identity. fudge whinging and crying when you don't win every trophy under the sun. We're Spurs and we support our boys regardless.

Fans of other clubs will tell themselves the same story, of course, but that don't make my story less valid, in my opinion. It's not only about success, it's about an identity and a connection to the club and fellow fans, and a shared history. Of course we all want to win stuff, but it's not all about that. fudge the red ones, up the Spurs!
Well said. And this squad and this manager are the best we've had in decades. Yes, they've fallen short of the glory of winning titles, but think to your experiences watching these lads play out of their skins and and achieve more than the financial metrics suggest.

Look back to Dier's first game for us, playing CB, then RB, then scoring a winner laid on by Kane.
Remember the 503 against Cheat$ki.
Think back to beating Swansea away in the rain with Janssen flicking the ball to Son.
Cast your memory to the goal-fest of the end of 2017 when we beat Hull 7-1 and Kane casually knocked in 29 goals in 30 games.
Recall Eriksen slotting in from a pass from the sub Lamela to win 2-1 at Emirates Marketing Project.
And bask in the finale to White Hart Lane where we went unbeaten the whole season (of course that's nowhere near as impressive as Pool this year because it's us).
And look forward to us surging through the finish line of this season to get CL again.

And so many more.

COYS!!!!!

1 point from 15, our huge lead eroded.

1 minute to go, too STUPID to fall over with cramp and kill the game off. And we score an own goal to gift Pool the win.

Gutted by all this at the moment.

Back