• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What Would You Do? - Summer Ins and Out

Re: What Would You Do? - Summer Ins and Outs

I still have no idea who we could get at CB now Lovren and Moreno are off the menu.
Rumours are that Baldini has flown to Italy to hold talks with Roma over Mehdi Benatia and Mattia Destro. Can't really see us getting Benatia as I'm sure they'd want a hefty fee.
But who knows. Would be ecstatic if Baldini pulled this on off!

if i were the club i'd offload ade immediately for his malaria condition that will add to his unreliability.
do player insurance cover such illnesses or does it only cover football related conditions?

if i were the club i'd offload ade immediately for his malaria condition that will add to his unreliability.
do player insurance cover such illnesses or does it only cover football related conditions?

Drogba and Kolo Toure both had it earlier in their careers and came back a few weeks later with no ill effects.

They caught the condition very early which meant that they were able to limit the effect that it had on him. Trying to offload Adebayor for his case of 'mild malaria' would be akin to a club getting rid a striker because he had a case of the flu. i.e. not a very intelligent decision, especially when allied to the fact that Adebayor is easily the best striker we currently have at the club.

Looks like we've got a handle on the ins.

Outs:

Townsend!!!

Dawson!

Naughton and one Rose/BAE should go.

One or two midfielders will probably have to make way as well.

Looks like we've got a handle on the ins.

Outs:

Townsend!!!

Dawson!

Naughton and one Rose/BAE should go.

One or two midfielders will probably have to make way as well.

Agree with those. Would have loved for Andros to have been a success being a huge spurs fan himself, but I think we should sell and get some money in now while his stock is still high in England

Agree with those. Would have loved for Andros to have been a success being a huge spurs fan himself, but I think we should sell and get some money in now while his stock is still high in England

Do you not think he still has more potential than Lennon (I think we need to lose one of those this summer with Lamela coming in properly)?

I do rate Lennon, especially his defensive game, but his career does seem on the wane now. Townsend's pace and versatility give him an immediate advantage over Lennon - orthodox wingers are pretty much obsolete these days.

Bit of a tangent, but has anyone ever wondered if Lennon might end up converting to RB to give himself a second career?

Lennon having an average game is still better than Townsend having a good game. He adds nothing except his 1% strike rate.

Do you not think he still has more potential than Lennon (I think we need to lose one of those this summer with Lamela coming in properly)?

I do rate Lennon, especially his defensive game, but his career does seem on the wane now. Townsend's pace and versatility give him an immediate advantage over Lennon - orthodox wingers are pretty much obsolete these days.

Bit of a tangent, but has anyone ever wondered if Lennon might end up converting to RB to give himself a second career?

In last night's friendly Lennon played as one of the three in behind Soldado. He was probably the most central of the three and played pretty well in that role with some nice link ups with Lamela.

I think Lennon is potentially a very useful asset in a high pressing system. I think when people criticise how he hasn't developed, it's because he has been let down by the constant chopping and change of management/coaches.

I think Lennon is potentially a very useful asset in a high pressing system. I think when people criticise how he hasn't developed, it's because he has been let down by the constant chopping and change of management/coaches.

Agreed. I also think it's very useful to have a proper winger in the squad as an option, even if not first choice.

On ins and outs I'm still leaning towards a bit of caution. I've been critical of Townsend in the past for example, but a lot of that is his decision making (and first touch), possible to work on that on the training ground. I think the players, like Poch, should be given some time if they're kept around.

selling Townsend over Lennon :ross::ross::ross:
IMO Lennon is a significantly better footballer than Townsend. Lennon has had his ups and downs but most of the criticism of him, seems to me to be centred on what he isn't rather than recognising what he is.

IMO Lennon is a significantly better footballer than Townsend. Lennon has had his ups and downs but most of the criticism of him, seems to me to be centred on what he isn't rather than recognising what he is.

I don't agree and also Townsend has age on his side.

Lennon has been here since 05 and has clearly regressed. He's been a non entity for 2 seasons or so.....Townsend on the other hand has only had 1 full season and was one of our better players before getting injured. I think it would be macaronic to sell Townsend without actually seeing how his game develops whilst keeping Lennon.

I'm done with getting excited about how well he "tracks back". His attacking play has been a hot streak of **** for a while now....i want all our so called attacking players to actually cause a threat in an attacking sense.

Lennon has been here since 05 and has clearly regressed. He's been a non entity for 2 seasons or so.....Townsend on the other hand has only had 1 full season and was one of our better players before getting injured. I think it would be macaronic to sell Townsend without actually seeing how his game develops whilst keeping Lennon.
That's a fine polemic but I don't think that it is an accurate assessment of Lennon.

Why do you think that manager after manager has taken a different view of him to you?

I would agree that Townsend has more time on his side than Lennon but I do not think that he does anything well enough to warrant a starting place in our side and he is not going to get better on the bench.

What do you mean by seeing how his game develops?

If he's sold I'm guessing it's because Pochettino doesn't rate him all that highly, after seeing him quite a lot in training and of course seeing him over the last 18 months in the Premier League.

If Baldini and Levy decide to sell him against the wishes of Pochettino, that would be macaronic. If he's sold as a result of an agreement amongst our backroom staff then that's the way it should work and far from macaronic.

That's a fine polemic but I don't think that it is an accurate assessment of Lennon.

Why do you think that manager after manager has taken a different view of him to you?

I would agree that Townsend has more time on his side than Lennon but I do not think that he does anything well enough to warrant a starting place in our side and he is not going to get better on the bench.

They haven't being that i rated him until...he regressed. His regression started around 2 season ago so it's only the 2 macarons that disagreed with me (and tbh i'm very happy my opinion differs from Sherwood's or AVB's)

What do you mean by seeing how his game develops?

If he's sold I'm guessing it's because Pochettino doesn't rate him all that highly, after seeing him quite a lot in training and of course seeing him over the last 18 months in the Premier League.

If Baldini and Levy decide to sell him against the wishes of Pochettino, that would be macaronic. If he's sold as a result of an agreement amongst our backroom staff then that's the way it should work and far from macaronic.

Generally speaking...

The more games you play...the more experience you gain...the more you improve...the better footballer you become.

Back