• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What Would You Do? - Summer Ins and Out

Re: What Would You Do? - Summer Ins and Outs

I am not sure they are issues, I just dont wont more people's coming in who may or may not work. Lets stick with what we have and see if this manager is as good as people are saying he is with improving young talent. We have a abundant young talent in thr squad lets use it.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

In: Lallana, Benteke, Schneiderlin, Lovren, Davies, Deeney
Out: Lennon, Sigurdsson, Capoue, Soldado, Dembele, Kaboul, Livermore

I think if those moves happened we wouldn't have a crazy amount of net spend. Trying to get 3 players from Southampton could be tricky but money talks. That would give us a squad of

GK:
Lloris
Friedel
Archer

RB:
Walker
Naughton
Fredericks

CB:
Vertonghen
Lovren
Chiriches
Dawson
Velkovic

LB:
Davies
Rose
Fryers

CM/DCM:
Sandro
Schneiderlin
Paulinho
Holtby
Bentaleb
Carroll

MF/AMF

Lallana
Eriksen
Lamela
Chadli
Townsend

ST:
Adebayor
Benteke
Kane
Deeney

Do we really need to sell? Can we keep everyone but add a new CB and LB and just let Poch do his magic? Too much of an overhaul over the last 2 years.

Do we really need to sell? Can we keep everyone but add a new CB and LB and just let Poch do his magic? Too much of an overhaul over the last 2 years.

If we did that we'd be left with 5 CBs and 4 LBs (where 4 and 2 are optimum).

We're also a bit overloaded with CMs and probably have 1 too many RWF.

Also remember last season we had 5 senior/overage players out on season long loans. These need to be got rid of or someone else in the 25 will have to be shifted to make room for them. They were: BAE, Livermore, Khumalo, Falque, Obika

Remember we're also only allowed 17 foreign players in total. We currently have 18 (including BAE, Khumalo, Falque, but excluding Siggy; not sure what Bentaleb's status is too?).

I am not sure they are issues, I just dont wont more people's coming in who may or may not work. Lets stick with what we have and see if this manager is as good as people are saying he is with improving young talent. We have a abundant young talent in thr squad lets use it.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

That's not a good reason to stick with an unbalanced squad. I think some of our young attacking talents are more likely to progress and succeed if they're being fed the right passes, thus getting in a ball playing deep central midfield playmaker type could be just what they need to get better.

It's also a bit unrealistic to expect Poch to do his thing without having players that fit his style. Of course it's a lot of guesswork that goes on about who fits and who doesn't, but that's just part of the nature of threads like this.

Scout nation - players within our realm

Who do you think can be this summers Bale, Vdv, Modric, Eriksen and Lamela?

My picks

STRIKERS
Jackson Martinez
Lukaku
Benteke

MIDFIELDERS
Schneiderlin

DEFENDERS
Garay
Lovren

Ones a bit more far fetched

Pedro
Strootman
Falcao???

Last edited:
Bentaleb's status as home grown or not is a non issue as he falls into the U21 categorie for another two seasons.
He's been with us long enough to be on the b list as an U21 in UEFA tournaments as well.

Who do you think can be this summers Bale, Vdv, Modric, Eriksen and Lamela?

My picks

STRIKERS
Jackson Martinez
Lukaku
Benteke

MIDFIELDERS
Schneiderlin

DEFENDERS
Garay
Lovren

Ones a bit more far fetched

Pedro
Strootman
Falcao???

Martinez would be too expensive IMO. He'll end up at Emirates Marketing Project, Man U, Chelsea, Monaco, PSG, Bayern, Juventus, Real or Barca IMO

We can field a team of 11 with CMs next season

-------------------Holtby-----------------
Livermore-Capoue--Sandro---Benteleb
--Sig------Paulinho--Dembele---Eriksen
-------------Chadli----Carrol---------

Clearly, we need to get rid of midfielders. My votes for exits from the team above are Capoue, Sandro, Livermore, Sig and Dembele. I love Sandro but I do not think that he does not offer much offensively especially in a two-man midfield.

I think you've made a mistake in selecting Holtby in goal, he might be agile - but I prefer my keepers to be bigger and more physically imposing. Also I'm not sure Carrol has the physical presence or pace to play up front.

I'm excited about the possibility of signing Remy - the kind of goal-scoring wing forward we lack.

And we could balance our books with the following:

In: Remy (9m), Schneiderlin (18m), Lovren (15m), Davies (8m) = 50m
Out: Soldado (14m), Sig (9m), Lennon (7m), Sandro (11m), Livermore (6m), Kaboul (3m) = 50m
Loans: Fryers, Bentaleb, Carroll

Which would leave us with a good balanced squad of:

Lloris (Friedel)

Walker (Naughton)
Vertonghen (Chiriches)
Lovren (Dawson)
Davies (Rose)

Schneiderlin (Capoue)
Paulinho (Dembele)

Lamela (Townsend)
Eriksen (Holtby)
Remy (Chadli)

Ade (Kane)

I could settle for that.

Wow .. people still want 5 or 7 changes after last season's disaster ...

Trick is minimal changes to first 11

Releases/sell (not really involved anyway) -> BAE, Gomes, Livermore
Sell - (midfield needs balancing), my choices -> Dembele, Siggy, Townsend, maybe 1 CB (if one comes in), Rose
Loans - Kane, Carroll, Bentaleb, Fryers

Buy for 1st team - LB (if nothing else, FFS), CM (ball player to play alongside Eriksen)
Buy for cover - GK, Striker, LW, CB

Wow .. people still want 5 or 7 changes after last season's disaster ...

Trick is minimal changes to first 11

Releases/sell (not really involved anyway) -> BAE, Gomes, Livermore
Sell - (midfield needs balancing), my choices -> Dembele, Siggy, Townsend, maybe 1 CB (if one comes in), Rose
Loans - Kane, Carroll, Bentaleb, Fryers

Buy for 1st team - LB (if nothing else, FFS), CM (ball player to play alongside Eriksen)
Buy for cover - GK, Striker, LW, CB

Your buys add up to 6 players? :-k

Wish list

Whats going to satisfy you this summer? What names have you refreshing News Now and Sky Sports News every minute hoping to have signed? What names are we are in need off to stop the seemingly pending regression?

My list from defence to attack:
Rodriguez. If not, Blind
Lovren
Schneiderlin
Griezmann. If not, Depay
Martinez. If not, Lukaku

Also DESPARATE to see the back of Soldado and Chadli
And even more desperate not sign more average players I kid myself will be a good signing by harping on a few good Youtube clips (Ben Davies)

Last edited:
Re: Wish list

Hopefully thats not the awful Jackson Martinez that you want.

Good FM choices though. That'd win us the treble.

Honestly I want a clear out.
I'd keep Lloris, Walker, Carroll, Eriksen, Bentaleb at all costs.
I want all of Capoue, Paulinho, Sandro, Dawson, Kaboul, Rose, Lennon and Townsend gone.
And I can take or leave the rest.

What I want a few more players who can do things on the ball.

Honestly I want a clear out.
I'd keep Lloris, Walker, Carroll, Eriksen, Bentaleb at all costs.
I want all of Capoue, Paulinho, Sandro, Dawson, Kaboul, Rose, Lennon and Townsend gone.
And I can take or leave the rest.

What I want a few more players who can do things on the ball.
I think that would be suicidal and could set us back years

all the signings deserve a second season! all had time to adjust....lets see if they can adapt to prem football! we cant be too hasty!!! hopefully lb position is sorted....that was the major need!

Assuming the Davies, Vorm, Siggy shuffle is all sorted, this is where I'm at at the moment:

--------------------Lloris
-------------------(Vorm)

--Walker--------CB---Vertonghen---Davies
(Naughton)--(Dawson)-(Chiriches)--(Fryers)

---Schneiderlin----Sandro-----Eriksen
-----(Paulinho)---(Capoue)----(Holtby)

------Lamela--------Soldado------Konoplyanka
-----(Townsend)---(Adebayor)-----(Chadli)

Out - Kaboul, Rose, BAE, Dembele, Lennon

I still have no idea who we could get at CB now Lovren and Moreno are off the menu.

Back