• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What would you do if you was in charge

Sanchez perhaps has something to work with. Dier has nothing at all to work with IMO, I don't think he has a single attribute that will make him a top 6 level player.
But he was a top 6 player for most of his career here
Although i do agree a move for him would suit all parties IMO

Players are obvious but since we have upgraded the stadium, training and medical facilities i would also review and ensure we had top level managemnt and support staff.

I would set high professional standards and loyalty to the club would not be enough. Ex player? Demonstrate with competitive experience against best outsider.

Medical/nutrition - Olympic standard like Pool

Sent from my SM-G998B using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Not picking on you specifically, but this is why the stuff people throw at Levy are often embarrassingly bad/off target

Quote "We are delighted to announce that the current head physiotherapist of the Great Britain Olympic athletics team will be joining the club following the conclusion of the Athens Games. The appointment of Dean Kenneally as our new first team physiotherapist follows the announcement earlier this year that our medical team would be restructured. Australian Kenneally has previously worked at the Australian Institute for Sport in a number of sporting disciplines at the highest level for many years. He is 15 years postgraduate and has worked at three Olympic Games."

Date? = July 2004

But he was a top 6 player for most of his career here
Although i do agree a move for him would suit all parties IMO
If a team has a bunch of brilliant players then they can carry an average one. He did a job in Poch's formation where he just had to fill in between the two CB's as they fanned out and had Dembele protecting him. The problems started for him in midfield when other teams realised he was one of the least press resistant players in the league and started to pressure him on the ball.

Not picking on you specifically, but this is why the stuff people throw at Levy are often embarrassingly bad/off target

Quote "We are delighted to announce that the current head physiotherapist of the Great Britain Olympic athletics team will be joining the club following the conclusion of the Athens Games. The appointment of Dean Kenneally as our new first team physiotherapist follows the announcement earlier this year that our medical team would be restructured. Australian Kenneally has previously worked at the Australian Institute for Sport in a number of sporting disciplines at the highest level for many years. He is 15 years postgraduate and has worked at three Olympic Games."

Date? = July 2004

Ok that's one but we need to benchmark him to the latest successes at the 2016 Olympics to ensure we keep up with the best.
Liverpools' secret sauce nutritionist sounds a lot more purposeful https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...er-world-swimming-champions-secret-drink.html
Going full monty to ensure players remain in tip top condition even if not in the first eleven - how do other teams get them hitting the ground running? lots more that the club can do e.g. https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...their-intense-european-away-days-jurgen-klopp

If i was in charge i'd get sacked as soon as possible. Get that big payoff and go and live in the tropics somewhere.
How would you go about it? Sign some championship level players on loan to sweeten your agent, encourage the team to drop deep when going ahead, drop 10 goal a season and popular squad member Dele, sign Joe Hart, refuse to play Bale for as long as possible and rotate Bergwijn Moura and Lamela for maximum non goal threats, play at least one of Sanchez and Dier wherever possible, if it’s looking really tight chuck Ben Davies in there as well and blame the players at every opportunity when results start to go wrong…

if it wasn’t for Kane and Son and those pesky easy Cup games poor old Jose could have been in the Tropics by Christmas!

I'd see our current squad as something like this:

------------------------------------Lloris(Whiteman)
Foyth(Tanganga)----Dier(Alderwireld)----Sanchez(Rodon)----Regullion(Sessegnon)

-----------------------Hojbjerg(Skipp)--------Lo Celso(Winks)

-----Ndombele(Lamela)----------Alli(Moura)------------Son(Bergwijn)

--------------------------------Kane(Parrott)

+ surplus - Hart, Doherty, Aurier, Davies, CCV, Sissoko

I'd maybe hope to finish the window looking something like this:

------------------------------------Lloris(new Gazzaniga)
Foyth(Tanganga)----Andersen(Dier)----Sanchez(Rodon)----Regullion(Sessegnon)

-----------------------Hojbjerg(Skipp)--------Lo Celso(Winks)

-----Ndombele(Lamela)----------Alli(Moura)------------Son(Bergwijn)

--------------------------------Kane(new Vinicius)

So sold: Hart, Doherty, Aurier, Davies, CCV, Sissoko and Alderwireld
Bought: Andersen, new 2nd GK, new 2nd CF

That's the basics for me. Beyond that I guess it's about swapping Dier or Sanchez for a young Vertonghen (quick, cultured, left-sided). And potentially Winks for a more powerful CM

If Oi was in charge, moi first duties would be to improve the levels of grammar and spelling on this site.

The rest? I'd leave to a qualified football man.

How would you go about it? Sign some championship level players on loan to sweeten your agent, encourage the team to drop deep when going ahead, drop 10 goal a season and popular squad member Dele, sign Joe Hart, refuse to play Bale for as long as possible and rotate Bergwijn Moura and Lamela for maximum non goal threats, play at least one of Sanchez and Dier wherever possible, if it’s looking really tight chuck Ben Davies in there as well and blame the players at every opportunity when results start to go wrong…

if it wasn’t for Kane and Son and those pesky easy Cup games poor old Jose could have been in the Tropics by Christmas!

10 goalkeepers and a striker. The striker in goal.

I would sell

Aurier
Dier
Sanchez
Davies
Winks
Sissoko
Lamela
Doherty

And bring in

Aarons
Lamptey
Coady
Traore from Villa
Traore from Wolves
I would absolutely love Ndidi but he is going to be out of reach.

I would get in 1 more CB (not sure who) and a number 10 and also a young back up keeper.

This would leave us with a team of

Lloris (New young GK)

Aarons (Lamptey)
Toby (Tanganga)
Coady (Rodon)
Reggie (Sessegnon)

Hojberg (Skip)
Lo Celso (Traore)

Ndombele (Alli)

Traore (Lucas)
Son (Bergjwin)

Kane (If he stays) (Some young Striker)
I would give Alli 1 more season and then sell.

In which case you'd bring in 3 CBs this summer?

I would, but that is not realistic.

Sanchez/Toby/Dier can all go

As for the rest, I would consider bids for everyone minus Hojberg/Son/Reggy/Hugo - unless Son doesnt sign a new deal.

That doesnt mean we should sell them all, but we should be looking to offload a large number.

I'd get the best lawyer/agent money can buy. Get a fantastically lucrative contract, weighted in my favour, with no penalty clauses for being rubbish, or leaving early.

Then, when I got sacked a few weeks/months later, now that I'm a 'manager/coach', I'd appear on a few football shows as a pundit, dispensing my wisdom/platitudes. "It's all about attitude", "they have to show it on the training ground", they need to give everything for the 90 minutes", "It's all about desire", "if you want me to feature in that ad, see my agent" etc.

And then, with the help of my well paid lawyer/agent join another club. Rinse and repeat.

Make Sure Doris the tea lady makes my Earl gray correctly and brings me pink wafer biscuits with a slice of Battenburg cake.

I'd get the best lawyer/agent money can buy. Get a fantastically lucrative contract, weighted in my favour, with no penalty clauses for being rubbish, or leaving early.

Then, when I got sacked a few weeks/months later, now that I'm a 'manager/coach', I'd appear on a few football shows as a pundit, dispensing my wisdom/platitudes. "It's all about attitude", "they have to show it on the training ground", they need to give everything for the 90 minutes", "It's all about desire", "if you want me to feature in that ad, see my agent" etc.

And then, with the help of my well paid lawyer/agent join another club. Rinse and repeat.

Never before in the history of this site has the spurs player's name below the username been so apt.

Sell all the fringe players we need to in order to fund this acquisition.

This is the problem though. Even if we take a bath on valuations, you still need a move which players will accept

Take Dele. Which clubs might want him (and be able to afford him) but also are a club which his ego would allow him to join? Diito Ndombele

This is the problem though. Even if we take a bath on valuations, you still need a move which players will accept

Take Dele. Which clubs might want him (and be able to afford him) but also are a club which his ego would allow him to join? Diito Ndombele

We need to develop a ruthless streak with players who we don’t want and who are reluctant to move on. Tell them they won’t feature in match day squads going forward because they are surplus to requirements, and make them train separately from everyone else - preferably at some ridiculous time when other players aren’t around, like 7.00am or 8.00pm. A junior coach can oversee it.

We need to develop a ruthless streak with players who we don’t want and who are reluctant to move on. Tell them they won’t feature in match day squads going forward because they are surplus to requirements, and make them train separately from everyone else - preferably at some ridiculous time when other players aren’t around, like 7.00am or 8.00pm. A junior coach can oversee it.
That’s how big clubs do it
They don’t see their mates anymore

Any examples? Only time i hear of it is if a player becomes a disruptive influence
Emirates Marketing Project do it
Listen to the guardian podcast with Nedum Onuoha on it
They text him saying training time had changed… he came in and he was training in the afternoon with 3 other players that were being sold
He talks about it in the one a few weeks back
Arsenal did it with aubemeyang

Roma
And Southampton
Sold them both for you now
Next?
I like brooks
But he plays like Dele in that free role
And they also have a bonkers valuation on him
Now Olise would be interesting
Olise showing more than we have seen from Gil
One cost £8m and is home grown too