• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What would Jenas do?

Clicked on the link. Watched this odd video of Jenas and King reminiscing about beating Cheatski in the Worthy Cup 2008

Then that led to a video of Woodgate doing the same

Then that led to this video of Spurs trouncing Cheatski 5-1 in 2002... after 2 mins Taricco runs in unnoticed and brings a save from Cudicini, then Terry dawdles on the ball and Iversen prods it in, in his first game since August?!

What does Jenas do? Retire.

Thanks for the good times - like others I think his career is one of unfulfilled potential, but he was still a very decent player for us with some great performances in between. He will be remembered for some of his goals against Arse.

As good an excuse as ever to watch this again

A very good goal and two very good assists in a cup semi-final win against your local rivals that you haven't beaten for nine years. Cheers mate!

Happy days and great memories. Thanks for everything JJ.

Thanks for the good times Jenas. I will never forget your powerhouse run through Arsenal's midfield for that 5-1 beating at the Lane. I know it was your trademark in my mind - Jenas running with the ball through center and shooting from just outside (did it twice at least against l'arse).

he was one of the better guys during a period where we were struggling. good servant of the club. wish him the best.

One of our first crop of players that got us out of the doldrums and up the table. Those goals against Arsenal alone will mean that I will always remember him. Yes there was unfulfilled potential, but my GHod did he start some sort of expectation at the club! Before that crop of players it was turgid football!!

For Jermaine Jenas, the beginning of the end came alone, on a weights machine in a gym at Queens Park Rangers. An extension of the right leg against a familiar resistance and then a searing pain followed by something approaching blackout.

‘I had been trying to get back from a cruciate injury for 20 months,’ recalled Jenas this week. ‘Endless gym work, weights, building my muscles up. And then that happened. Cracks in my kneecap showed on the scan. So that was it. Time to call it a day, the right call.’

‘As a footballer you do put yourself through a lot and play in pain pretty much all of the time,’ he said.

‘I don’t think the public always realise that and there is no reason they should. They just see the money. But I would like to provide some of that insight if possible.

‘I took anti-inflammatories for a huge chunk of my career, for example, if not always injections. You are never really fully fit. It’s all about recovery and then getting back out there.

‘Every now and then you get to a really big game and the manager is like, “I really need you. We are going to have to inject you to get you through this.” Your team-mates — your central-midfield partner — are in your ear, too.

‘My toe was so bad for that derby that to get it in the boot and run around was agony. So the injections numb you and get out there and then you have another three at half-time and the adrenaline gets you through.

‘Then you are phoning the doctor at 3am to come round with another just so that you can get to sleep.

‘Saudi Sportswashing Machine was 100 per cent right for me but it was all because of Bobby. He just understood me, knew what I needed. He just let me play, made me feel like a million dollars.

‘He would pull me before a game and say, “Give me everything you’ve got and then I don’t want to see you ‘til Thursday.”

‘So I would run my heart out for him and then head back to Nottingham and see my mum. They made me feel really special. Bobby was like a dad to me and I was lost when he was sacked.’

Jenas played for a stellar cast of managers for club and country during a 14-year-career. Robson and then Harry Redknapp stand out, he revealed.

‘Harry was the master at getting people right,’ he said. ‘He didn’t want to coach, he just wanted to buy good players and let them play.

‘The minute, say, you told Emmanuel Adebayor to do something he would just rebel. You just had to let him play.

‘Harry knew that. Harry could have been a great England manager.’

‘My respect for Gary Speed went through the roof as soon as I played with him,’ he said of the former Saudi Sportswashing Machine captain who passed away in 2011.

‘I thought he was a grafter, hard to play against, but as soon as I played with him I realised the quality, the timing of the runs, the passing, his left foot, the quality of his strike, his command of midfield.

‘He would protect me, too. Once at Everton I gave a penalty away in the last minute and afterwards Bobby launched in to me. “What the f*** did you do that for son?”

‘Gary was straight up. “He never f****** touched him! And did you see the header he won before that? Leave him alone!”

‘He had my back from the minute I walked in. And Bobby backed down. If Speedo said it then it must be true, simple as that.

‘It was a team of men, that one, and I don’t think I got close to that again in my career.

‘Only Ledley (King), Woody (Jonathan Woodgate) and Keano (Robbie Keane) at Spurs ever came close to giving me that.

‘We used to come off the pitch at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and there would be full-blown fights, shirts off and everything.

‘Incredible people like Craig Bellamy, (Alan) Shearer. I missed being around players like that. The elements they bring to a team are hard to quantify.

‘You think everyone will be like that and they are not. They were hard and honest. Priceless.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...overs-football-money-power.html#ixzz3yj8n4D21

Jenas was so good in his first season with us, a young kid but he ran the show. Sadly things only went downhill for him here after that. However, I quite like him as a pundit, I thought he would be brick but he has been quite good.

Jenas was so good in his first season with us, a young kid but he ran the show. Sadly things only went downhill for him here after that. However, I quite like him as a pundit, I thought he would be bricke but he has been quite good.

Yeah, he's surprised me too. It's often the ones who you think are going to be brick that turn out to be the best pundits; Gary Neville, Carragher, Jenas. The big names like Shearer, Henry, Vieira etc are either overrated or just crap. Having said that, I like Roy Keane.

Yeah, he's surprised me too. It's often the ones who you think are going to be bricke that turn out to be the best pundits; Gary Neville, Carragher, Jenas. The big names like Shearer, Henry, Vieira etc are either overrated or just crap. Having said that, I like Roy Keane.
Pure entertainment. He has an intensity that scares the brick out of his fellow pundits.

Yeah, he's surprised me too. It's often the ones who you think are going to be bricke that turn out to be the best pundits; Gary Neville, Carragher, Jenas. The big names like Shearer, Henry, Vieira etc are either overrated or just crap. Having said that, I like Roy Keane.

Shearer is alright now as a pundit but it has only taken him almost 10 years of doing it, when he started out he was awful. Henry is awful.

Of all the players-turned-pundits, Roy Keane is my favourite. As others have said; he has an intensity that made him great to watch on the pitch and makes for very entertaining punditry. You get the feeling he's never far away from calling his fellow pundits "feckin' eejits!" and walking out. The fact that his analysis tends to be marginally above the dreadful level of most pundits is the icing on the cake.

Jenas has really impressed me as a pundit. He's obviously got a slight pro-Spurs bias, but aside from that you get the feeling there's more than a couple of brain cells rattling around up there; which sadly you can't say for most of them.

I'm supremely biased when it comes to Hoddle. I just like seeing him on my TV. So I can't claim my liking him as a pundit says anything at all about his skill at the job.

The worst (in no particular order) have to be Jamie Redknapp and Thierry Henry; both of whom having me instantly reaching for the mute button. I'm happy to acknowledge that Henry was a world class striker in his day. I don't like that fact; but it is true. He played for the tossers up the road, and he also hand-balled Ireland out of a world cup. There are few players I like less. But he was a great player, no question. That doesn't stop him being a lamentably bad pundit though. And as for Jamie Redknapp... I don't have a personal bias against him - he's just a terrible analyst.

Back