• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What was Spurs' worst moment of this season ?

What was Spurs' worst moment of this season ?

• Getting trounced by Inter Milan in Europa League

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Losing to Norwich and Leeds in the Cup Competitions

• Others

• Total voters

Spurs7891

Jermaine Jenas
There were many disappointing moments Spurs went through this season. Which one you think this was the worst ?

Failing to finish in top 4 to qualify for Champions League was disappointing. But I thought losing on penalties to Basel in the Europa League quarter finals was even more disappointing. Really thought we were going to win the EL especially with AVB having won it with Porto previously. If only Hudd and Adebayor had converted their penalties, we might have gone on to win it, even against Chelsea !

The Wigan and Fulham home losses

They obviously lead to the failure to qualify for the CL.
Last Sunday wasn't very disappointing as you knew Arsenal would win.

The Basel loss was annoying as I had tickets to the final but we however fully deserved to lose

When Walker, for no reason at all, lashed the ball across the pitch v Liverpool. We were totally dominant and gave them the game. Hate to single out one player and I like Walker but that moment cost us.

When Walker, for no reason at all, lashed the ball across the pitch v Liverpool. We were totally dominant and gave them the game. Hate to single out one player and I like Walker but that moment cost us.

For no reason at all.

He was surrounded by Liverpool players and it was the only pass on for him, but 'no reason at all'.

Has to be penalties against Basel for me. We lost the Champions League position over a season, we went out of the Europa League in a game that we looked like winning.

It was the dumbest moment of the season when Walker decided to pass it back to Lloris. Just kick it out for a fudging throw in you macaron!

I voted Everton, catastrophe.

Losing 5-2 again to the scum. I know we have bigger things to be disappointed by longer-term. I just hate that it happened twice in a row.

losing to Basel on Pens, i was looking forward to a few days in the Dam and actually winning a trophy.

Honestly for me it was Arsenals game against Norwich at home. We needed them to drop points at some point in the run in and this looked like being it, Norwich were a goal up and looking comfortable, Arsenal looker laboured and had run out of ideas.

Then they get a corner which was clearly off an Arsenal player. I'm thinking to myself 'I bet they'll get something here because of that' and sure enough, the linesman who was 30 yards further away from the incident than the referee who didn't give anything, decides to give a questionable penalty. From that, their tails are up and they get the second, before Walcott makes sure with an offside goal.

They were riding a wave of invincibility following the Munich match and this result could have knocked them out of their stride. I genuinely don't think we had the same kind of lucky call all season whereby a ref just decides to unfairly gift us the match like that. Even if Norwich got the draw we'd be 4th right now.

So it's not a Spurs moment as such but it affected us and was the worst moment of the season for me. I was absolutely furious watching it all unfold.

Wigan easily. I dont think it was the pathetic performance but more so the pathetic subs at that time - it was pathetic. 1-0 and decide to make a brick sub (forgot which sub actually but I remember screaming my gonad*s off at the game)

Liverscumw as horrible but because I hate the ****s SO fudgein much

Wigan easily. I dont think it was the pathetic performance but more so the pathetic subs at that time - it was pathetic. 1-0 and decide to make a brick sub (forgot which sub actually but I remember screaming my gonad*s off at the game)

Liverscumw as horrible but because I hate the ****s SO fudgein much

Siggy for Sandro?

The losses at Liverpool and Everton were hard for me to take, and the Everton result probably was the worst i specifically felt, but we "recovered" so it was the loss to Fulham for me that was the worst moment, it was after that that i felt we were odds on for a 5th place finish rather than 4th.

Liverpool one for me, we were head and shoulders above them on the day and should have won easily

Absolutely. That was just dumb schmuckery.
And it created a chain of events which led to confidence issues and our demise from the EL cup.

The Everton game was unbelievable but the passes for their goals were like thread through a needle.

Honestly for me it was Arsenals game against Norwich at home. We needed them to drop points at some point in the run in and this looked like being it, Norwich were a goal up and looking comfortable, Arsenal looker laboured and had run out of ideas.

Then they get a corner which was clearly off an Arsenal player. I'm thinking to myself 'I bet they'll get something here because of that' and sure enough, the linesman who was 30 yards further away from the incident than the referee who didn't give anything, decides to give a questionable penalty. From that, their tails are up and they get the second, before Walcott makes sure with an offside goal.

They were riding a wave of invincibility following the Munich match and this result could have knocked them out of their stride. I genuinely don't think we had the same kind of lucky call all season whereby a ref just decides to unfairly gift us the match like that. Even if Norwich got the draw we'd be 4th right now.

So it's not a Spurs moment as such but it affected us and was the worst moment of the season for me. I was absolutely furious watching it all unfold.

+1. Edit: You can't tell me somebody up there doesn't like us. Fulop last year and Hughton this year. Never seen Clipboard fuming like after that game.

The QPR first few seconds goal, too

Last edited:
Back