• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What of our centre backs?

Most of my non Spurs supporting mates accused me of overrating King, and i have always stood by him being such a classy defender in his reading of the game, never looking rushed or resorting to fouling his 'man'. But yesterday, definitely wasn't the case. On too many occasions the 'old' King would have calmly intercepted the ball, laid it off to a team mate. Yesterday, he seemed off the pace and thus being out of position and not being able to do what he wanted to, a sign he is in decline i think. Too many last ditch tackles and mopping up mistakes like Carragher.

I hope we keep King next season ahead of Gallas (it would be nice to demonstrate a little bit of loyalty in football) but we need to phase King out in to a coaching role, maybe have him registered and play him in cups etc.

Going forward, CBs we could possibly sign who could make a difference straight away might include Jagielka(injured for a long time), Hangeland (hasn't been as good this season), but they would both be difficult to sign. Has everyone written off Bassong? Would rather him than Nelson TBH

I thought King was ok in the first half but tired in the second. Fitness is an issue now.

king and galas dont need to be upgraded......

tell me any gettable defenders that can defend better than them.

even worst case scenario, they can be squad players...that is the absolute worst case.

even worst case scenario, they can be squad players...that is the absolute worst case.

Squad numbers and salaries to TWO players that are injury prone and only likely to make half a season. That's very backward thinking from yourself there mate, I'm surprised.

It would be nice to think that Ledley having a fairly full season by his own standards is to blame for his performances, but we are starting to see the decision making erode a bit now as well. Fair play to him, but he hasn't trained in years and he is on a curve in the wrong direction. I'd maybe keep Gallas around (and bring King into the coaching setup), but both of them?

The simple answer to who is gettable is - Who Knows? Vertonghen looks good whenever I see him, but how can you ever tell how it will translate in the Premiership, it's always a risk, but there is no reward without risk mate. Dawson will never be better than he is now, Kaboul is pretty close to his best... What future have we got apart from Caulker? Two old timers filling the reserve spots, when it isn't even likely that both will be available to play at any one time, isn't the way forward imo.

[h=1]Spurs are still not elite - Gallas[/h] April 17, 2012

By ESPN Staff

Tottenham defender William Gallas believes recent results have shown the club are still not good enough to be considered among the Premier League's elite.
williamgallastraintfc20120224_275x155.jpg
GettyImagesWilliam Gallas: Spurs low after cup defeat

Spurs have seen their stranglehold on third in the table slip away in recent times, as they have watched arch-rivals Arsenal catch and then overhaul them as they now find themselves in a desperate fight for the fourth and final Champions League spot with Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
A chastening defeat to the Blues in the semi-finals of the FA Cup at the weekend only added to the sense of despondency around While Hart Lane - with Gallas admitting that the players are experiencing something of a crisis of confidence.
"I think we have to improve a lot," Gallas said, according to The Telegraph. "Even if we have good players and a good squad this result shows we are not ready yet."
He added: "The atmosphere is very bad - the mood is very down.
"Yes, everybody is worried because at the beginning of the season everybody was talking about us, saying we play good football, we can finish third, we are 10 points in front of Arsenal. Now we are five points behind them and we have lost the semi-final.
"It will be difficult because Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are behind us and, after that victory, Chelsea will be very strong. I think they will finish very well so we have to finish well as well."
However, Gallas insists the questions surrounding the future of manager Harry Redknapp - who has been linked with the England job - have not been a cause behind the recent troubles.
"Nobody has been talking about what he will do next season," Gallas said. "His priority has been to get the team to qualify for the Champions League. So when the people start to speak about him for the national team he came to the dressing room and said: 'Guys, I am very focused on the Champions League and that's it'.

He added: "The atmosphere is very bad - the mood is very down.

I'd be fudging surprised if it wasn't...

The thing about Gallas is that - and it was said about him when we signed him - is that he can cause disharmony amongst the squad... he's got previous at both Chelsea AND ArseAnal for it... so is he merely reverting to type, or is this meant to be some kind of Parker-esque rallying call (talking of which, I wonder if Scotty HAS done the type of speech at any time this season similar to the one that made Carlton Cole cry at West Ham??)

The same as fans of other clubs who said Ade would do what he's done at all his other clubs; start the season well, then tail off... he's done exactly that.
Same as people who warned us that Harry would only be in it for himself, and shaft us at the first opportunity if it meant furthering his career... TA-DAAAA!

I'd be fudging surprised if it wasn't...

The thing about Gallas is that - and it was said about him when we signed him - is that he can cause disharmony amongst the squad... he's got previous at both Chelsea AND ArseAnal for it... so is he merely reverting to type, or is this meant to be some kind of Parker-esque rallying call (talking of which, I wonder if Scotty HAS done the type of speech at any time this season similar to the one that made Carlton Cole cry at West Ham??)

The same as fans of other clubs who said Ade would do what he's done at all his other clubs; start the season well, then tail off... he's done exactly that.
Same as people who warned us that Harry would only be in it for himself, and shaft us at the first opportunity if it meant furthering his career... TA-DAAAA!
Gallas has proved himself as a professional. They continue to be coonts.

Ade's been one of our better players in recent weeks.

Harry hasn't shafted us.

We can't keep chopping and changing to accomadate King anymore. He's been deteriorating rapidly since January. King may be able to put in a great performance every now and then, but what happens when he's not there? It means the two centre halves have to start over again in terms of playing with each other and getting consistency.

I honestly believe that anyone who doesn't think King is on the decline is in denial. By all means keep him in the squad, but he's not good enough to be automatic first choice anymore.

I think Gallas will move on if we don't get top 4, probably to somewhere like Paris St. Germain.

king and galas don't need to be upgraded......

Of course they do both are past their best and are injury prone, we have messed about changing our CB's for far too long and we need to get stability and neither King or Gallas can provide that.

In the last 2 game they've been physically bullied by Holt and Drogba.

As for their defending did you not see this

[video=youtube;7HJ3dcKXoDY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HJ3dcKXoDY[/video]

Kaboul first please. Plus Kaboul is currently over rated so we may actually get some decent money for him before he gets found out....

Do you like any of the Spurs players?

Walker, Kaboul and BAE are all accidents waiting to happen

I know your horse is very high, but do you actually "support" Spurs?

Do you like any of the Spurs players?

Walker, Kaboul and BAE are all accidents waiting to happen

I know your horse is very high, but do you actually "support" Spurs?

I support Spurs, not individual players.

For me personally Walker, Kaboul and Ekotto are liabilities and simply aren't good enough. We could probably get away with one of them in the team (if the other three defenders were up to it) but all three of them in the team is a recipe for disaster.

Kaboul first please. Plus Kaboul is currently over rated so we may actually get some decent money for him before he gets found out....

So, Kaboul, Gallas, King, Nelsen, Walker and BAE all out. Leaving us with Naughton, Caulker and Daws.

---------------Friedel--------------

Naughton --Caulker--Daws---fudge All

Title winning defence right there.

So, Kaboul, Gallas, King, Nelsen, Walker and BAE all out. Leaving us with Naughton, Caulker and Daws.

---------------Friedel--------------

Naughton --Caulker--Daws---fudge All

Title winning defence right there.

Certainly our weak area isn't it? A new centre half and left back in the transfer window are absolutely essential.

I support Spurs, not individual players.

For me personally Walker, Kaboul and Ekotto are liabilities and simply aren't good enough. We could probably get away with one of them in the team (if the other three defenders were up to it) but all three of them in the team is a recipe for disaster.

How many games did we win this season with those 3?

10-15?

I know we haven't won the league, but even so....

Back