• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What is the worst ever decision taken by Daniel Levy as the Spurs chairman ?

What is Daniel Levy's worst decision as Spurs chairman ?

• Total voters
But Jose does have a history of offensive strategy hence why he has teams that set goal scoring records
But his approach is very different to Pochs I agree
But surely the logic is that it wasnt working with Poch, we need a change. Do we go for another manager playing a pressing game or someone different
Teams who spend the most money tend to be the best and the best teams tend to score the most goals.

An argument can be made that Poch's biggest weakness was getting over the line, no manager in recent times has a better track record there than Jose.

An argument can also be made that Poch spent more years not pressing than he did pressing, and you have to go back quite a few years to remember his marauding Spurs sides. I'd also not judge Jose solely on his last year at United or his headline underdog victories in the CL, I remember plenty of games where his teams absolutely murdered us.
I think the pressing stopped after World Cup 2018 as we had a knackered squad with no new faces.

lumbered with a millions of debt?

built it at a time when costs are more

how long till we pay it off?
Paying it off doesn’t matter.... all that really matters is whether the additional revenue from it more than covers the interest and capital payments.

I think general rule of thumb is that business investment should pay for itself over 12 years. If our new stadium brings in the £1 billion or so that it cost to build in additional revenue over its first 12 years then it was a good business investment.

I do think that Levy got a little carried away with his vanity project however. People still come to see the team as opposed to the stadium itself. Spurs out of the CL and in midtable will lead to a reduction in demand.

Paying it off doesn’t matter.... all that really matters is whether the additional revenue from it more than covers the interest and capital payments.

I think general rule of thumb is that business investment should pay for itself over 12 years. If our new stadium brings in the £1 billion or so that it cost to build in additional revenue over its first 12 years then it was a good business investment.

I do think that Levy got a little carried away with his vanity project however. People still come to see the team as opposed to the stadium itself. Spurs out of the CL and in midtable will lead to a reduction in demand.
It will deffo impact ticket sales

£25m a year to service

Run the comparative costs by me.

The interest rate costs are rock bottom

You're still in th old WHL...what's your plan?
That doesn’t include the huge amount of revenue we sunk in to the stadium from profit as opposed to debt however. The stadium needs to make about £80 million a year more than WHL did to be considered a good business investment.

In some ways Levy and Mourinho are lucky that stadiums are closed at the moment. The atmosphere would be toxic at the moment.

I have a slight worry that as we slip down the league the demand for our most expensive tickets in the country will dwindle. The corporate £ will also reduce significantly (both through our slip down the league and so many businesses being on shaky ground due to the worldwide recession.

We were ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal while we had (record) CL revenue and they were in the Europa League. Chelsea will overtake us again this season and move well ahead next. Arsenal may move back ahead next season with us having no European football at all.

All being equal (all in same level of euro comps) when stadium revenue is being fully realised, we will be the vlub with the biggest revenue of the 3 - that would not be the case were we still at WHL

All being equal (all in same level of euro comps) when stadium revenue is being fully realised, we will be the vlub with the biggest revenue of the 3 - that would not be the case were we still at WHL
I don’t think so. Chelsea’s income would be bigger than ours. Arsenal’s would be very similar.

I don’t think so. Chelsea’s income would be bigger than ours. Arsenal’s would be very similar.

Our stadium revenue will be far greater than either clubs will and if European income was the same (in this scenario) then the only difference will be from commercial and whilst we will be behind both currently in that aspect i don't think it will be as big a difference as the stadium rev will be.

Either way being close to them is better than being miles behind and will be a game changer for the club.

I think the pressing stopped after World Cup 2018 as we had a knackered squad with no new faces.
That was the start of the decline imo.

Dele injured, Trippier injured.

Jose was speaking yesterday about the disappointment of the CL final and players just not being able to recover.

Well I think we had 5 or 6 in that WC squad and they will have returned gutted to go out in the semi.

That was the start of the decline imo.

Dele injured, Trippier injured.

Jose was speaking yesterday about the disappointment of the CL final and players just not being able to recover.

Well I think we had 5 or 6 in that WC squad and they will have returned gutted to go out in the semi.
We had 10 IIRC that played in the semis for us, Belgium and France

Back