• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What is the worst ever decision taken by Daniel Levy as the Spurs chairman ?

What is Daniel Levy's worst decision as Spurs chairman ?

• Total voters

Spurs7891

Jermaine Jenas
So, here is another annual poll about Daniel Levy. So, what you think is the worst decision taken by Levy as the Spurs chairman ?

It seems, every year, Levy takes some kind of drastic decision that affects the club. Levy has given us the stability off the field, finance wise. But he has not given us the stability on the field, when it comes to the manager or the players. We always seems to either change the manager or sell our best players every 1-2 years. This has stopped us from progressing as a football club. Mind you, since Levy took over as the chairman in 2001, we have only won 1 League Cup and qualified for 1 Champions League since then. As the chairman, Levy has to take the full responsibility for our lack of success during his time. His obsession with sacking the managers as he wish has really affected us.

I have never forgiven Levy for sacking GG before that FA Cup semi final in 2001. Now feeling even more angry about the sacking of AVB. It is really stupid to sell your best player, spend 100m on new players and then sack the manager, all within 4 months. I am convinced the team would have improved under AVB as the season progressed. Now, we will never know what could have been.

Sacking AVB/ not valuing him and giving him the backing and environment to succeed. By a country mile.

I used to back Levy hugely. My username is as it is because I thought he had everything planned out in his head, he knew all the moves and he was ahead of his peers. Now I just don't think that he is. I always backed the argument that the progress we had made as a club under him was undeniable but now I don't even believe that.

At the end of the day we were always the biggest spenders of the 'best of the rest' teams. We would have gotten to where we are regardless of Levy had we spent the same amount of money, and arguably would have gotten more success sooner if we'd had the courage of our convictions and shown a bit of patience.

This latest episode completely ruined my faith in him after it was previously unshakable, and makes me look at our history under him in a completely new light.

Sacking AVB/ not valuing him and giving him the backing and environment to succeed. By a country mile.

I used to back Levy hugely. My username is as it is because I thought he had everything planned out in his head, he knew all the moves and he was ahead of his peers. Now I just don't think that he is. I always backed the argument that the progress we had made as a club under him was undeniable but now I don't even believe that.

At the end of the day we were always the biggest spenders of the 'best of the rest' teams. We would have gotten to where we are regardless of Levy had we spent the same amount of money, and arguably would have gotten more success sooner if we'd had the courage of our convictions and shown a bit of patience.

This latest episode completely ruined my faith in him after it was previously unshakable, and makes me look at our history under him in a completely new light.

I love you levy's brain. I ****ing hate you levy. I wish he had a brain that reasoned as well as your posts sir.

Not making a decision!
Should have bought a striker during that jan transfer window with redknapp in charge. That would have seen us qualify for champs league

This.

Up until this week Levy's decisions (whilst I may not have always agreed with them) were always based in logic and sense. This is the first time I feel that he's reacted rather than made a considered decision.

This.

Up until this week Levy's decisions (whilst I may not have always agreed with them) were always based in logic and sense. This is the first time I feel that he's reacted rather than made a considered decision.

I think if Ramos never happened it would be easier to write this off as a gamble that went wrong, fair play for trying kind of thing. But it's the second time this sort of situation has happened, and this time he actually went through with sacking a manager that did get us some form of success in Harry in order to bring the new guy in...and then didn't back him. It's bizarre.

I reckon there are a few chairman/boards across Europe wondering what the hell our club is doing letting AVB go considering the transition. Brendan Rodgers was right, it was a close shave for him not to come here. It's very obvious how we treat our managers now, and that reputation will increase. Good ones will see they don't get the time and despite claiming we want to build something long term we don't actually give anyone the chance to do it.

Redknapp Junior is an awful pundit but I think he is right in saying that Levy wants to be manager. He wants to micro-manage and I think Sherwood has to be manager simply because he would be a Levy puppet, and that's the only way we will get any sort of stability. And the sad thing is even if that happens, I just won't be as 'in' to the club as I was a couple of weeks ago, because my faith in the decision makers has been shot.

It would be good to re-visit this poll at the end of the season and see if 'sacking AVB' is still top.

If Sherwood / whoever leads us into the top 4 I will gladly admit I over-reacted and AVB wasn't the be all and end all. I think there is only a tiny chance of that happening though.

This.

Do you think it was a reaction based on performances and results?

Or was it a reaction to what was going on behind the scenes combined with the performances and results, more similar to the Redknapp sacking in a way. I brought this up in another thread too, but the way the sacking happened over two meetings over two days doesn't sound like an outright "you're out of here" and more like a "is there a way that we can make this better" where no amicable solutions to the problems on and off the pitch were found?

-----------------------------------

As for the thread I would lean more towards what he hasn't done than what he has done. Like Scara i think his decisions generally make sense. But most likely at some point we could perhaps have gotten Pellegrini? Or Klopp? Of course thinking that this was a poor decision requires hindsight, but this entire thread is in line with that...

If Sherwood / whoever leads us into the top 4 I will gladly admit I over-reacted and AVB wasn't the be all and end all. I think there is only a tiny chance of that happening though.

Do you have a personal estimate for how likely it was that AVB would get us success*?

Do you have a personal estimate for how likely it is that <new manager> will get us success*?

*Define success however you want as long as you're consistent.

Do you have a personal estimate for how likely it was that AVB would get us success*?

Do you have a personal estimate for how likely it is that <new manager> will get us success*?

*Define success however you want as long as you're consistent.

I think next season I would have expected a top 3 challenge, season after that to be in contention for the title. This season if we could make a top 4 challenge I would be happy considering the transition of players under AVB.

Now though, I don't think we'll get top 3 next year, and I don't think we'll make a serious title challenge the season after. To be honest, we may do. I don't really know. And if AVB was frustrated with Levy and didn't like it I think it's best for all parties not to work together anymore. I'm just annoyed that this season is a virtual write off. I don't consider the sacking as the worst decision, I consider the club's failure to appreciate what they had, and the progress that was being made, that is the worst decision. The failure to create the right environment for a talented guy to flourish is a bad decision.

I don't consider the sacking as the worst decision, I consider the club's failure to appreciate what they had, and the progress that was being made, that is the worst decision. The failure to create the right environment for a talented guy to flourish is a bad decision.

You're talking about Harry right?

considering the crap he gets from Spurs fans whose memories seem to start in 2002 - i'd say taking over as chairman in the first place

But just because Sherwood or whoever else doesn't lead us there doesn't mean AVB would have.

Back