• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

It's definitely important that the club has a transfer strategy rather than giving all the power to the manager. That only leads to rebuilding every time you sack him and you're in a never ending cycle of wasting money.

The committee will be AVB, Levy and only a handful of others that have something to contribute. I don't see Levy bringing anyone into it unless they have something to add. We've really clamped down on leaks in recent years.

Who: Archibald
When: 12th May
Where: SO

In response to Jasper's post:

he is talking about Damiao.

Very close but doesnt really fill me with excitement if im honest.

Haven't seen too much of Damio tbh but from what I have seen, I would be a tad worried if he was to come in as the number one striker for next season. Perhaps as the 'younger' striker in a trio of 3 but with his profile and the amount we'd be spending on him, he would likely be coming in as the number one imo.

Anyway, if he does come in, I hope he does excellently. I'm sure AVB and his scouts know what they're looking for.

my stance on the subject is that the club have been chasing him for so long now they must be confident he is their man (in terms of ability/potential)

AVB has been watching / scouting him for yonks, IF we could actually sign the git I'd be rather pleased.

Yeah - remember he got caught trying to tap him up in a hotel during the Olympics back in July.

I'd be very happy if our strikeforce for next season was Leandro, Ade + an exciting kid like Rebic

Yeah - remember he got caught trying to tap him up in a hotel during the Olympics back in July.

I'd be very happy if our strikeforce for next season was Leandro, Ade + an exciting kid like Rebic

you mean when he popped in to the Brazil camp to say hello to Sandro and a couple of his ex Porto players?

Pretty outrageous claim there! He was in a hotel, doesn't mean he was tapping up. Especially with the likes of Hulk and Sandro there.

Tottenham are confident of luring Franco Baldini to White Hart Lane this summer as they step up plans to overhaul their recruitment operation, Goal.com understands.

Spurs have been tracking the Roma general manager and former England No.2 since last summer after making him their top choice to take on a technical director role at the club.

Baldini is contracted to Roma for another two years but the likelihood is growing that he will leave the Giallorosso for Tottenham at the end of the season.

The 52-year-old's powerbase at the Serie A club has been weakened this season following a series of recruitment decisions that backfired.

Former manager Luis Enrique, players Fernando Gago and Jose Angel, goalkeeping coach Franco Tancredi and head of communication Daniele Lo Monaco were all appointed on Baldini's recommendation and have since left the Olimpico Stadium.

The Roma general manager has ceded control this season on transfer strategy to sporting director Walter Sabbatini, who signed a contract extension in midweek, and his relationship with the club's Boston-based owners is said to have deteriorated considerably.

Baldini's €600-a-year (£507k) Roma contract runs until 2015 but Tottenham have a long-standing interest in the executive, as revealed by Goal.com last September, and have intensified their pursuit in recent weeks.

A deal with the Londoners has not yet been agreed but sources claim that Baldini could negotiate a settlement with Roma that includes a year's pay-off before signing for Spurs.

The tipping point in his relationship with Roma could well be the Coppa Italia final on May 26, should the club fail to defeat bitter city rivals Lazio.

Spurs have targeted Baldini as they look to overhaul their recruitment operation and create a new senior executive position.

Villas-Boas, who held talks with Baldini about taking the Roma manager's job last summer, has confirmed he would be comfortable with the introduction of a technical director at Tottenham.

"I have worked with one at Porto and Academica and had no issues with that and I certainly promote that," Villas-Boas said last September.

Senior Spurs officials have bided their time while they wait for Baldini to become available, even though club sources insist that there are other names in the frame for the role.

Baldini is well known to English audiences for his four years with the England national team working alongside Fabio Capello before his departure in 2011 to return to Roma for a second spell.

The former midfielder became director of football at Roma in 1999 and, with Capello, he helped to bring Walter Samuel, Gabriel Batistuta and Emerson to the club. Baldini resigned in March 2005 and joined Capello at Real Madrid a year later.

Watch us be linked to every Roma player if that happens.
Wouldnt mind getting Osvaldo or Lamela.

Back