• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Would love to see us sign Benteke, but at £20m plus it wont be happening. David Villa and Loic Remy together would probably cost less

Just a guess, but I think Benteke would be on much smaller wages than Villa and Remy. Also, a couple of years down the line Benteke will be coming into his prime whereas Villa might be past it and Remy will be 30ish. The initial transfer fee is just one of many factors when talking about the cost of a player.

So papers today seem think benteke and McCarthy are our main targets what does everyone think to that?

Never been overly impressed with McCarthy when I've seen him (not much admittedly). He would probably do fine as a Parker replacement as a backup for Sandro, I just don't think that's what we need. I think we need to aim higher and find someone good enough on the ball to function alongside Sandro, and good enough defensively to function alongside Dembele, giving us the option to play the 3 of them together too.

We 100% need pacey cover to play on the left / right if one of Lennon and to a lesser degree Bale is injured, we stuggle when we dont play with pace and drive

Do you think Townsend can be that player?

-------------

Interesting to see so many being so negative about Damiao by the way.

yep i don't care if townsend wants to play more next season, no way we should loan him out again, we've made that mistake twice now. He'll get more playing time next year anyway, he's proved himself now.

So papers today seem think benteke and McCarthy are our main targets what does everyone think to that?

benteke - looking better all the time, would like for us to sign him. definitely something different we can use upfront.

not sure how to call maccarthy until i see who levy is willing to sell - its really getting too crowded on the midfield bench.

We 100% need pacey cover to play on the left / right if one of Lennon and to a lesser degree Bale is injured, we stuggle when we dont play with pace and drive

I think having Townsend back and getting a versatile young forward who can play wide (Rebic, Fischer etc). would be enough. I don't think another traditional 4-4-2 winger would be a good idea.

Just a guess, but I think Benteke would be on much smaller wages than Villa and Remy. Also, a couple of years down the line Benteke will be coming into his prime whereas Villa might be past it and Remy will be 30ish. The initial transfer fee is just one of many factors when talking about the cost of a player.

Never been overly impressed with McCarthy when I've seen him (not much admittedly). He would probably do fine as a Parker replacement as a backup for Sandro, I just don't think that's what we need. I think we need to aim higher and find someone good enough on the ball to function alongside Sandro, and good enough defensively to function alongside Dembele, giving us the option to play the 3 of them together too.

McCarthy reminds me of better Palacios, strong tackle, works hard and can also pass. Think he would go for around 10m if we sell Parker and Livermore we could use that money on him.

McCarthy reminds me of better Palacios, strong tackle, works hard and can also pass. Think he would go for around 10m if we sell Parker and Livermore we could use that money on him.

We defo need decent cover in that area in case Sandro is out, Parker has done great for us in his nearly 2 seasons but he isnt the future and is limited, Livermore isnt good enough

I doubt we'd get more than £1m for Parker now and c.£2.5m for Livermore.

I think Holtby has shown enough in the deeper position to show he's suitable cover for Sandro (as well as an option for an more advanced role).

Again I just don't think DM is a priority area when we've got no forwards or no CMs who can pass the ball.

Again I just don't think DM is a priority area when we've got no forwards or no CMs who can pass the ball.

Agree with that and same with when people talk about us getting a LB. Our priorities have to be a CF, a versatile forward and a creative midfielder. That's likely to take up all the cash we have available

We defo need decent cover in that area in case Sandro is out, Parker has done great for us in his nearly 2 seasons but he isnt the future and is limited, Livermore isnt good enough

He's a nasty player but I wonder whether Tiote is worth a look as Sandro's understudy.

Or the bashing he'll receive when he signs a few promising youngsters who don't simply walk into the starting lineup ..

He's a nasty player but I wonder whether Tiote is worth a look as Sandro's understudy.

besides being overrated, can't pass for brick, and is tactically inept (as well as not being able to keep his cool) why would he come here as cover?

Let's just keep Parker as cover and actually play him in his correct position (as a DM) and not waste another summer looking for a position we don't need to improve.

btw how exactly has holtby shown he can play in a deeper position? how many games has he actually played in the apparent deep position?

Let's just keep Parker as cover and actually play him in his correct position (as a DM) and not waste another summer looking for a position we don't need to improve.

He doesnt listen though, more often than not he is further ahead than the so called AM, he did it with Modric does it with Dembele, he just doesnt sit like he should

He doesnt listen though, more often than not he is further ahead than the so called AM, he did it with Modric does it with Dembele, he just doesnt sit like he should

If you think it's Parker's decision to be the futhest forward central midfielder, game after game, then that's your prerogative. I personally feel he's being asked to play a box to box role by our manager.

That they still think we have Redknapp in charge and that you can guess our targets by watching MOTD.

I think we'll be shopping directly from the Brazilian, Spanish, German, Dutch/Belgian and Swiss leagues from now on (due to AVB and Freund's greater knowledge of foreign leagues, combined with the big inflation of EPL prices cause by the new tv revenue).

I think Verts, Lloris and Holtby are indicators of our future direction transfer wise.

eh? verts and holtby has contract issues

why didnt you use siggy, dembele and dempsey? would not work in your example i take it? i.e shopping in our own league

Back