• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What has been Daniel Levy's greatest contribution / decision as chairman of Spurs?

What has been Daniel Levy's greatest contribution / decision as chairman of Spurs?

• Appointing AVB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: What has been Daniel Levy's greatest contribution / decision as chairman of Spurs

No question, we're damn lucky to have DL as our chairman. Hard to imagine anyone else doing better without the billions of a sheikh or a Russian oligarch.

However, just starting to get a teeny bit worried about the OP and his touching affection for .. er .. Daniel. :-&

Re: What has been Daniel Levy's greatest contribution / decision as chairman of Spurs

that's interesting, you could argue though, that had Sugar taken a punt at the start of the PL era rather than taking the common sense low risk approach that had served Enic so well we might have got lucky and got a seat at the top table from the start

We shouldn't confuse ENIC's policy with that of Sugar. The similarities between them are only superficial.

They were / are both prudent, certainly. No fools with money. But that's where the similarities end. Sugar had no vision. No forward planning. No ambition greater than maintaining Premier League status. There was no rhyme or reason to Spurs' spending on players. No carefully thought through plan. No understanding of the value of real quality.

Compare and contrast to Levy. A clear plan. A carefully conceived strategy. Genuine ambition to compete. The realisation that an "Amstrad" training ground and stadium wouldn't do the trick when an "Apple" training ground and stadium was required.

Levy best decision,will be to keep Bale and get two or three world class players to help him out.......

do we want to win the title or be a feeder club,this is the time levy,the board and lewis will earn their corn. We be never be so close as we are at the moment in winning the title in the next few years.

How?

When you look at our two best managers under Levy, Jol felt like he was held back in developing the squad (and when you listen to his comments about what he wanted to do, it was exactly the same as what Harry did do - ie Add tougher / experienced players) because that idiot Comolli decided to play real life football manager with us, while Harry is about as traditional British as you can get.

In terms of player recruitment, we have had a lot of value out of signing championship players. I dont think the European ways of working that we tried to adopt really did much for us.

Ah yes, the same 'idiot' who got Bale, Benny and Berbatov among others...that's right, what an idiot!

Ah yes, the same 'idiot' who got Bale, Benny and Berbatov among others...that's right, what an idiot!

Comolli was a great scout but a terrible DoF. He found some very talented players, but the potential of those signings was completely removed from what the first XI needed. Comolli bought many of our current and past stars, but was still an idiot for refusing to purchase a DM or address any of the team's other needs.

However, without Comolli, I think Redknapp would have done a far worse job, and without Redknapp, AVB would have done a far worse job thus far. Funny old game....

Comolli was a great scout but a terrible DoF. He found some very talented players, but the potential of those signings was completely removed from what the first XI needed. Comolli bought many of our current and past stars, but was still an idiot for refusing to purchase a DM or address any of the team's other needs.

However, without Comolli, I think Redknapp would have done a far worse job, and without Redknapp, AVB would have done a far worse job thus far. Funny old game....

Fair points Pandy...I still wouldn't call him an idiot though...with regards to DM, I think someone got it wrong with Zokora and genuinely thought he was the man to replace Carrick. He wasn't as we could see LOL. On another note, whatever happened to Mendes? Useful player I thought, nothing outrageous but very effective...was surprised when he was allowed to leave...

Who knows what he had to deal with there!!!!

Well we know he negotiated the fees for the likes of Henderson, Downing and Carroll. Hardly a ringing endorsment.

I don't deny he signed some top players for Spurs, but he left us with an unbalanced squad. He never got to the bottom of the DM problem either. And signing Bent when we already had 3 strikers was so extravagant and unnecessary.

Where's the selling Modric for 40m option. I know a lot of people rated him, but I have never really been that enamoured with the little guy. Not the way I have with other superstars who have played in the lilywhite anyway. Infact I see very little difference between Modric and Dembele, infact Dembele is the better all around player for me.

Back