• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What has been Daniel Levy's greatest contribution / decision as chairman of Spurs?

What has been Daniel Levy's greatest contribution / decision as chairman of Spurs?

• Appointing AVB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jimmyb

Milija Aleksic
Since it appears to be the current done thing to post multiple negative threads about Daniel Levy, it only seems fair (and more balanced) to post one discussing his positive contribution.

Re: What has been Daniel Levy's greatest contribution / decision as chairman of Spurs

All of them? \o/

Re: What has been Daniel Levy's greatest contribution / decision as chairman of Spurs

- Funding/approving the most advanced training ground in the premier league and with great value. It is sure to attract top players to us.
On the downside though, it'll be tougher to get rid of the deadwood!

Poll added.

He deserves a lot of credit for promoting Harry. 2 points from 8 games to the Bernabeau.

Dem Options
DatAss%20Emoticon.png

i think it's hard to single out any one thing in particular but something that stands out to me is the work he put in to researching European football the season or so prior to the appointment of Arnesen/Jol and following on from the appointment the way he stuck to his guns in the face of what seemed like a wide scale media backlash against a man/Club trying to do things in a more European manner.

Last edited:

Signing Edgar Davids.

Another one or two to chuck into the mix;

Appointing Steffan Freund as Assistant manager. His passion is fantastic and I cannot doubt his ability either with his experience in Germany.

Also appointing Tim Sherwood as Youth team/Academy development coach. I know a spurs player who his always in and out of the first team squad/Being loaned out (No name dropping here.. :lol: ) under him who cannot speak more highly of the bloke.

Dem Options
DatAss%20Emoticon.png

i think it's hard to single out any one thing in particular but something that stands out to me is the work he put in to researching European football the season or so prior to the appointment of Arnesen/Jol and following on from the appointment the way he stuck to his guns in the face of what seemed like a wide scale media backlash against a man/Club trying to do things in a more European manner.

Yeah, sorry about the options!

Got bored and, to be honest, the thread was only a slightly tongue in cheek response to the proliferation of critical threads about Levy!

nah im saying they're good options - makes you realize the genuine good that has been done during his time here

Perhaps his greatest achievement is doing all the things the poll has listed while keeping Spurs a dignified, trophy-winning operation. Well run, always veering toward the skillfull and entertaining playing approach and, the Jol-Ramos Transition and Ledley-On-The-Lash notwithstanding, certainly a relatively scandal-free club.

It's a pleasure to think of Spurs doing as well as they are without all the constant attendant baggage that surrounds clubs like Chelsea, Liverpool, ManCity, and even Barcenal.

Dem Options
DatAss%20Emoticon.png

Absolutely this. Breaking away from the traditional British way of doing things has been fundamental to our improvements.

Since it appears to be the current done thing to post multiple negative threads about Daniel Levy, it only seems fair (and more balanced) to post one discussing his positive contribution.
Training ground and kick starting the NDP that will hopefully raise the standards of the club and area.

Another one or two to chuck into the mix;

Appointing Steffan Freund as Assistant manager. His passion is fantastic and I cannot doubt his ability either with his experience in Germany.

Also appointing Tim Sherwood as Youth team/Academy development coach. I know a spurs player who his always in and out of the first team squad/Being loaned out (No name dropping here.. :lol: ) under him who cannot speak more highly of the bloke.

This too...we are very VERY lucky to have him IMHO.

Helping us forget we were actually a mid-table side for a long long time since our 80's successes.

Best poll ever

For me, his finest hour was the refusal to allow Modrić to move to Chelsea. It's just a shame there couldn't have been a repeat the following year, in the absence of acquiring Moutinho.

Last edited:

Absolutely this. Breaking away from the traditional British way of doing things has been fundamental to our improvements.

How?

When you look at our two best managers under Levy, Jol felt like he was held back in developing the squad (and when you listen to his comments about what he wanted to do, it was exactly the same as what Harry did do - ie Add tougher / experienced players) because that idiot Comolli decided to play real life football manager with us, while Harry is about as traditional British as you can get.

In terms of player recruitment, we have had a lot of value out of signing championship players. I dont think the European ways of working that we tried to adopt really did much for us.

Best thing was easily hiring Redknapp. He wasn't considered a manager good enough for us by the fans despite being well respected within the game. He realised his fancy european way of working was ridiculous and clearly not working, so he decided to stop messing around, scrapped it all and got a decent English manager who knew the league and knew how to build a squad (even if it meant signing an oldie).

Many chairmen wouldnt have done that after only 8 games, neither would they have looked at Harry. It's doing something that no one else would have done (and no fans were really calling for Harry) that makes it his best decision.

His last decision that not many would have done... sack Harry and hire AVB, hopefully that will turn out to be a good one.

Back