• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What happened after the Arsenal win?

Works both ways though.... if it is a fitness thing then it also contributed to our good start to the season.

Might be my bad recollection here but I thought Wolves form fell off a cliff much later in the season than we have? (I.e. post lockdown?)
Wolves form didn’t drop
Maybe their suffering now from it
But they did play the same team a Lot
And also had a set way play

Yep.... But it also gave us a fitness head start on the other teams earlier in the season so it evens out...

And get knackered before others, i suppose it depends what side of the fence people sit. One thing for sure its harder to finish a season better then others who feel fresher because of the shorter amount of games.

And get knackered before others, i suppose it depends what side of the fence people sit. One thing for sure its harder to finish a season better then others who feel fresher because of the shorter amount of games.
We played 58 games in 2018/2019 (with many of those games against higher level opposition as well).

Yet the league results in the latter half of that season are brought up as a reason why sacking Pochettino was justified..... by some of those same people who now seem to making excuses for Mourinho about the team having played 40 games....

We played 58 games in 2018/2019 (with many of those games against higher level opposition as well).

Yet the league results in the latter half of that season are brought up as a reason why sacking Pochettino was justified..... by some of those same people who now seem to making excuses for Mourinho about the team having played 40 games....

I never thought we should have sacked Poch when we did ( should have been given to the end of the season at least) so i really do not have a horse to back on that.

Unless a club has a bottomless pit of money managers and no matter how good they are will suffer burnout as they are continually attempting to rejuvenate the team.
In the end, players need a new voice and ideas.
That's what I believe happened to Pochettino.

This. But we all have our biases and prejudices...

Since we beat Emirates Marketing Project on 21 November we haven't won any games against teams in the top half of the division (at the time the game was played). Since then our only wins have come against Arsenal (13th), Leeds (12th), Sheff Utd (20), WBA (19th) plus cup wins against Marine, Brentford, Wycombe and the two Europa games. :eek:

Since we beat Emirates Marketing Project on 21 November we haven't won any games against teams in the top half of the division (at the time the game was played). Since then our only wins have come against Arsenal (13th), Leeds (12th), Sheff Utd (20), WBA (19th) plus cup wins against Marine, Brentford, Wycombe and the two Europa games. :eek:
I may be wrong but I don’t believe Chelsea beat anyone in the top half until they sacked lampard

Last edited:
Well, if you think fatigue has an effect, here's the season numbers so far (sorry if it's small)

upload_2021-2-25_22-39-23.png

Data grabbed from here -> Tottenham Hotspur Squad Minutes Played Season 2020-21 | My Football Facts

Observations

- Lloris, Son, PEH, Dier, Kane, Ndombele, Davies all with over 27 starts for season already
- Toby, Sissoko, Sanchez, Doherty (how the fudge did he start 21 games?) all in the 21-23 starts
- Reguilon, Winks, Bergwijn, Aurier, Lucas in high teens

Players with least mileage on them so far -> Lamela Rodon, Lo Celso, Dele, Bale, Tanganga

Son & PEH definitely taking too much load.

Back