• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wesley Sneider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, a football player has a relatively short career and has to make the most of it while they can, and Sneijder has had an impressive career to date, but for me does not excuse the lack of ambition that this move displays. He would have got more than enough money in the EPL but has chosen to follow the paycheck rather than give himself a new challenge in a top league. Maybe there wasn't enough interest in him from the EPL clubs, but Turkey is a veritable footballing backwater compared to where he could have played.

maybe he just didn't fancy moving to England, Istanbul has a much nicer climate, after Milan he may have wanted warmer rather than cooler

Don't they renege on paying wages in Turkey, will be interesting to watch over the coming months whether he starts asking for his money.

maybe he just didn't fancy moving to England, Istanbul has a much nicer climate, after Milan he may have wanted warmer rather than cooler

The papers seemed to think he wanted a move to England but noone came in for him. Most likely he just "prefers" whoever is going to pay him brick loads each week :)

The papers seemed to think he wanted a move to England but noone came in for him. Most likely he just "prefers" whoever is going to pay him brick loads each week :)

He will get brickloads in Turkey and it's a chance for him to rebuild his reputation, being a guaranteed starter and their main star. Slower and less physical play as well.

Personally I find the argument of "short careers and making the most of it", pretty ridiculous for most modern, top level footballers.

A pay of £80k a week roughly means said person with said wage will make twice as much in a year, than I'm likely to get from a lifetime of work. And I'm reasonably well off. Wanting £120k a week instead of £80k a week has got nothing to do with securing your future after your career is over. It's greed, plain and simple. That's fair enough - who wouldn't want to double their salary if they could? I certainly wouldn't mind.

What this is not about, however, is whether said footballer can provide for himself and his family for the rest of his life. It's simply old fashioned greed.

Personally I find the argument of "short careers and making the most of it", pretty ridiculous for most modern, top level footballers.

A pay of £80k a week roughly means said person with said wage will make twice as much in a year, than I'm likely to get from a lifetime of work. And I'm reasonably well off. Wanting £120k a week instead of £80k a week has got nothing to do with securing your future after your career is over. It's greed, plain and simple. That's fair enough - who wouldn't want to double their salary if they could? I certainly wouldn't mind.

What this is not about, however, is whether said footballer can provide for himself and his family for the rest of his life. It's simply old fashioned greed.

top top post.

but i am poor, not well off...but agreed with this

also we don't know which (if any) English clubs were in for him, the talk was us and Liverpool, but that doesn't really fit with either managers view, it might be England wasn't an option

the transfer policies of both seem to be young players with lots of pace and neither utilise a traditional man in the hole which Sneijder is

Last edited:
So are Inter skint? They seem to have got rid of there better players over the last couple of years and have not really got anyone of real quality in?

So are Inter skint? They seem to have got rid of there better players over the last couple of years and have not really got anyone of real quality in?

They've never been flush, Moratti's been funding them.

They need to fall within the FFP so have to cut expenditure - same with AC Milan and Zlatan + Silva last year

you've got to wonder why that "respectable" journalist started the whole sneidjer to spurs story in the first place.

No they're not skint, but Sneijder hasn't played in their first team for almost a year and a half. He is on massive wages and hasn't been in either of the last two inter managers plans. He has had injury and fitness issues for the last 3 seasons there. Inter aren't selling Sneijder because they have to it's because they want to. He's not been good enough to get in their team recently and he's on big wages.

Inter are building a new squad with younger players and they don't particularly have to sell.

Turkish league will get strong over next few years, economy is doing really well and will be plenty of money floating about.

He's said he wants to be a legend like Hagi. Might be empty talk but why not the case?

Kuyt has tried to assimilate by learning the language and WS has said he will do the same.

As far as legends go, look at Alex de Souza who captained Fenerbahce, the guy has a statue and has become an idol.

Turkish league will get strong over next few years, economy is doing really well and will be plenty of money floating about.

One of the festest growing economies. The fact that they have not been allowed into the EU has been a blessing.

With fresh money from Gala, Inter are now trying to hijack Belhanda's move to Fenerbache. Should do wonders for the Gala - Fener rivalry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back