• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wesley Sneider

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't get why he didn't just hold out until midnight deadline day.. what would he have to lose by waiting? strange

Baffling as to why we didnt go for him.

I'd imagine the 7.5m plus salary is the main reason. Levy dont seem to like paying big for the ageing stars as he looks for sell on value... Cant see any in Wes. Coulda done a job for us no doubt but too pricey both wage wise and fee

BBFguxsCMAAZSLy.jpg

Rumoured to have gotten a €2.5 million payoff from Inter.

Football is a job.

They play it to make money. So no, it's not sad to see him achieving his aim.

I think it's sad to treat the boyhood dream of millions as just a job. A few years back he was rated as one of the greatest players in the world. Now he plays in a league ranked as what 7th or 8th? purely because top teams didn't want to match his current wage.

I think it's sad to treat the boyhood dream of millions as just a job. A few years back he was rated as one of the greatest players in the world. Now he plays in a league ranked as what 7th or 8th? purely because top teams didn't want to match his current wage.

At this stage it's no longer about Sneijder's dreams and wishes. He's got family, friends, wife and most importantly agents and various other assorted trash telling him what to do.

At this stage it's no longer about Sneijder's dreams and wishes. He's got family, friends, wife and most importantly agents and various other assorted trash telling him what to do.

You would think 80K a week would be more than enough to take care of that.

interesting tweet from Michael Cox yesterday

"his dip in form has lasted longer than his spell of brilliance"

He has nothing left to prove as he's already won league titles in three different countries and won the Champions League. You could argue that the one big stone left unturned at club level was the EPL but once a player is satisfied with his trophy haul then you can't blame someone for looking after their own interests and trying to maximize their earnings in what little career they have left.

Also - how many times have we seen Premiership based players struggle at the World Cup and the Euros because they are knackered from tough seasons? If you play for someone like Man Utd, you've got huge games against City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton and Liverpool twice a season, and even the likes of Swansea or Stoke will give you a tough game. You're also expected to compete for the FA and League cups and the Champions League. Whereas if you play in Turkey, there are only a couple of big games per season - he will be far fresher for the 2014 World Cup and Euro 2016 which are probably his last chances of winning an international trophy, something I'm sure really bothers him considering how good he was in the 2010 World Cup and how close Holland came.

Yes, a football player has a relatively short career and has to make the most of it while they can, and Sneijder has had an impressive career to date, but for me does not excuse the lack of ambition that this move displays. He would have got more than enough money in the EPL but has chosen to follow the paycheck rather than give himself a new challenge in a top league. Maybe there wasn't enough interest in him from the EPL clubs, but Turkey is a veritable footballing backwater compared to where he could have played.

No, I thought we can combine all these into a small comic-strip, ETP-style. For a laugh and all.

Jeeesh, people are touchy today - one would say we lost 5:0 last night

Can we lock this one now he's definitely gone?

Really not interested anymore. Bit like the Harry thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back