• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We're the mighty Tottenham

Essex Yid

Bobby Zamora
"...even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

I may be a bit tinkled when writing this, but I don't care.

It's gone against us tonight. I'm as gutted as anyone. But in the grand scheme of things... Life goes on.

We've lost out on a Champions League place because of an unfair rule, and the luckiest club going. But so what? At the end of the day, my beloved Tottenham are still here. At least we haven't done a Rangers or Portsmouth, and are still a well-run, massive club. We live on.

We have great, loyal supporters, not those who think the history of football began in 2003, and sing about the holocaust.

If we go back to midtable medriocity now, and the likes of Rasiak lining up front for us... Oh well. The support and atmosphere was better in those days anyway.
I even felt slightly alienated by the Champions League. This wasn't the Spurs I know.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, no matter what happens, THFC will always be there. The constant failure just keeps me coming back for more, and one day, guaranteed, we are gonna achieve something big, without the help of a wealthy Russian or Arab, but by doing it the Tottenham way.

If Modric and co want to leave... Then fudge off, there is the door. No player is bigger than a club and all that. It's been a pleasure watching some great players recently, but honestly, it doesn't matter who plays for us... my love of TOTTENHAM will never die.

To quote the great Danny Blanchflower:

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

If we are the laughing stock of English football tonight then fudge it, I don't care. Because we are Tottenham, super Tottenham, we are Tottenham from the Lane.

It's gone against us tonight. I'm as gutted as anyone. But in the grand scheme of things... Life goes on.

We've lost out on a Champions League place because of an unfair rule, and the luckiest club going. But so what? At the end of the day, my beloved Tottenham are still here. At least we haven't done a Rangers or Portsmouth, and are still a well-run, massive club. We live on.

We have great, loyal supporters, not those who think the history of football began in 2003, and sing about the holocaust.

If we go back to midtable medriocity now, and the likes of Rasiak lining up front for us... Oh well. The support and atmosphere was better in those days anyway.
I even felt slightly alienated by the Champions League. This wasn't the Spurs I know.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, no matter what happens, THFC will always be there. The constant failure just keeps me coming back for more, and one day, guaranteed, we are gonna achieve something big, without the help of a wealthy Russian or Arab, but by doing it the Tottenham way.

If Modric and co want to leave... Then fudge off, there is the door. No player is bigger than a club and all that. It's been a pleasure watching some great players recently, but honestly, it doesn't matter who plays for us... my love of TOTTENHAM will never die.

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

If we are the laughing stock of English football tonight then fudge it, I don't care. Because we are Tottenham, super Tottenham, we are Tottenham from the Lane.
Mate, that was Bill Nicholson. Sadly, this time 'round, failure has no echo of glory.

Mate, that was Bill Nicholson. Sadly, this time 'round, failure has no echo of glory.

Yup. This failure has an echo of losing a 10 point lead against the 4th placed team starting mid-January and an inability to strengthen our attacking potential. We spent a large part of the end of the season peppering shots on goal without scoring, or like the Everton game, with Saha hitting the post or the Chel$ki game with VdV hitting a Chel4ki player. I could go on but it is rather depressing.

It isn't an unfair rule, the majority of us have never taken issue with it before this whole thing occurred. If you felt that strongly about it something would have been said beforehand. Stop trying to make excuses, fair play to Chelsea, they won the CL, they should be allowed to defend it.

It's not the end of the world for GHod's sake, remember we spent nothing last summer and nothing in January and look what we achieved and came close to achieving. Stop putting a downer on everything, for us this is a good season.

Apologies, getting that quote and the 'game is about glory' one mixed up. Even so, yes we've had hard times this season, but fudge me it has been worse. Think we all need to get some perspective. I know we're all hurting, but at least we're challenging.

Plus, look at the teams who have actually achieved something this season. Premiership: City. FA Cup: Chelsea. Champions League: Chelsea. All based on money. There's no real achievement there. I can't deny that their fans will have felt joy, and that I am jealous of, but deep down, when the moment passes, they will know it was a hollow victory. In a few years time, when fair play laws etc are sorted out, it will be a more level playing field. We are going through a transitional period in football at the moment where money is GHod, and I genuinely like to believe that this will change, and people will look back on these successes and think them nothing more than effectively cheating.

I disagree. because we didn't go for it. 3rd was there for the taking even in the second last game of the season. We didn't take it. We fusked up. harry fudged up.

Apologies, getting that quote and the 'game is about glory' one mixed up. Even so, yes we've had hard times this season, but fudge me it has been worse. Think we all need to get some perspective. I know we're all hurting, but at least we're challenging.

Plus, look at the teams who have actually achieved something this season. Premiership: City. FA Cup: Chelsea. Champions League: Chelsea. All based on money. There's no real achievement there. I can't deny that their fans will have felt joy, and that I am jealous of, but deep down, when the moment passes, they will know it was a hollow victory. In a few years time, when fair play laws etc are sorted out, it will be a more level playing field. We are going through a transitional period in football at the moment where money is GHod, and I genuinely like to believe that this will change, and people will look back on these successes and think them nothing more than effectively cheating.
I would love to believe that's true, I really would, but I just can't. Money talks and immediacy is now the name of the game. Read into that what you will, but frankly, I can't see how the multi-billionaires who run the Citys and Chelseas of this world would possible contemplate being disadvantaged by their riches. As I say, I really hope I can believe, but I just don't see how.

It is gutting, the abuse im receiving is awful

But lets bring home some silverware next season. Another trip to Wembley and more memorable nights!

I would love to believe that's true, I really would, but I just can't. Money talks and immediacy is now the name of the game. Read into that what you will, but frankly, I can't see how the multi-billionaires who run the Citys and Chelseas of this world would possible contemplate being disadvantaged by their riches. As I say, I really hope I can believe, but I just don't see how.

It may take a while, but eventually it will just come to the point where there is no point in playing anymore. The richest teams will win everything, and that will be it. And it may not be happening at the moment, but give it enough time but that will lead to mass problems. Boycotts, more and more of the poorer clubs going bust, fans being priced out. All sorts of problems.

People may be accepting it at the moment, because rich foreign owners are a relatively new thing, but as I said, I honestly think this is just a transitional period that needed to happen, and that football may be brick for a bit, but eventually there will be no choice but to change the rules, because otherwise people will just lose interest in football.

I've always said, it doesn't matter to me who plays for Spurs, I'll always support them. Could be the best XI in the world, could be XI nobodies, when the first team play it is just as special as the first time I saw them in the old football league against QPR.

Relegate us to the Blue Square league and I will still love going to White Hart Lane, I will still love that white shirt, I will still love the name. It doesn't matter who we play, or in what league. Always going to be my club.

Last edited:
and that echo says "Europa League" :lol:

I really don't give a fudge. Football as a sport and competition is dead.

Tottenham till I die, indeed. It doesn't really matter if Le Arse og Chelscum are better than us, just to compare us to them is ridiculous. We're a proud club with incredibly loyal and hard tested set of supporters. We've been through a lot of brick. That has made us tough, and earned us integrity. I'm fudging proud to be a Tottenham fan, and although I doubt we will ever lift the Champions League or the Premier League trophy in my lifetime, I'll still be a fudging proud supporter, and I will still get goosebumps every time I enter The Lane.

Well put, mate.

Just to get a bit perspective. I saw the game at a pub tonight, the same pub where I watched us play Chelsea in the semi-final. It's the biggest football pub in Denmark's second largest city. Not a great deal of fans here all in all. But at the semi-final game we were about 40 Spurs-fans, and there were 2, lousy 2 fudging Chelscum supporters! Today, they were probably about 90! Where were they in the FA-semi? Just when Drogba scored the winning pen, I saw the Chelsea-guy behind me taking up his phone like it was just another Sunday, no fudging reaction, nothing. Just writing a text to someone. The Chelsea guys in front of me cheered for a few seconds before they started talking about some school brick that had been talking about throughout the game.

Bottom line; we are fudging awesome, Chelsea fudging suck and have no soul, may they rot in hell.

Last edited:

Here fudging here. Agree w/ every word of it. COYS.

"The best thing my dad ever did for me was make me a Tottenham fan."

Those words ring true today just as much as on days when we win. COYS!!!!!

Back