• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We're the Famous Tottenham Hotspur and we're going to Madrid (Travel Thread)

Champions League final: Wynne Evans pays £7,000 for tickets he does not receive

Radio Wales presenter Wynne Evans has revealed he paid thousands of pounds for tickets to Saturday's Champions League final that he never received.

The lifelong Spurs fan spent £7,000 on two tickets through an online agency ahead of the "match of a lifetime".

But the tenor - the voice of the Go Compare TV adverts - was later told the tickets were no longer available.

"My 14-year-old son was distraught and heaven knows how many other fans they've mugged off," he said.

The 47-year-old radio presenter added: "After I paid up, the agency emailed me to say they were not able to fulfil my order.

"It looks like they sold the tickets to me then resold them when they realised they could get a lot more for them."

Evans fears he will not get his money back - although he was not prepared to miss the game and so bought another set of tickets for him and his son Taliesin.

He has not revealed how much he forked out for the second set - although he did say it was more than £7,000.

The singing star said: "I was gutted but it hasn't put me off going - there's no way I would miss this match.

"I've been a Spurs fan since I was seven so it is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see my team in the Champions League final."

Evans, who plays Gio Compario in the popular TV insurance adverts, was on the pitch to sing to the crowd for Tottenham's last match at the old White Hart Lane.

And when Spurs played their first match at their new 61,000-capacity stadium he belted out a rendition of Glory, Glory Tottenham Hotspur.

At least he could afford an alternative. He should have got a better deal for his tickets using something like an online comparison site.

Champions League final: Wynne Evans pays £7,000 for tickets he does not receive

At least he could afford an alternative. He should have got a better deal for his tickets using something like an online comparison site.

Hard to feel too much sympathy for someone who can afford to just write off £7k on a failed transaction & move on to the next one. He might have avoided this if he'd put a little more forethought into his fee negotiations for the ceremonies, too...

If anyone can recommend a bar that would be great , the bar is mobbed in the fan zone!

Hard to feel too much sympathy for someone who can afford to just write off £7k on a failed transaction & move on to the next one. He might have avoided this if he'd put a little more forethought into his fee negotiations for the ceremonies, too...

Yes, he'll be fine, but the same company will be ripping off other fans who can't afford it. We know that for an event like this some fans will make decisions that are not exactly prudent, paying more than they can afford or selling the wife into prostitution.

So, bar I’m in has just turned off the tv. Worried there’s too much noise and police might close things down. It’s not even that loud and I’m not even in the main central area.
I am hoping it’s just until nearer kick off. Otherwise this is going to be an absolute disaster as it’s too late to move elsewhere now.

Back