• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We're the Famous Tottenham Hotspur and we're going to Madrid (Travel Thread)

I think I would fly somewhere not Madrid and rent a car. Then I'd have somewhere to sleep as well.

Mrs got the hump with me as I'm more excited about going to Madrid than our 5th anniversary today, yep you're correct !!

Seems to have forgotten the lovely flowers I got her and the very expensive weekend away at a top hotel we had last weekend

Women are funny creatures

Mrs got the hump with me as I'm more excited about going to Madrid than our 5th anniversary today, yep you're correct !!

Seems to have forgotten the lovely flowers I got her and the very expensive weekend away at a top hotel we had last weekend

Have you had "sometimes I think that you love Spurs more than me" yet?

Have you pointed out to her how unreasonable she is being, she has already had 4 anniversaries and a wedding, this will be your first Spurs UCL final.

Women huh

Hahaha, what the fudge? What does she expect? An anniversary? Really? Who gives a brick about anniversaries? It's for princess girls who haven't grown up yet. Seriously, not a man in the history of mankind has ever cared about a fudging anniversary (and I don't mean that in a macho man chauvinist kind of way). Why would anyone give a brick about an anniversary? "Oh, it's five years since this happening happened" - big fudging deal! You just honor them, and eat some nice dinner or whatever and get on with life. Nothing to be excited about, surely. "I'm so excited we've lived together for five years and gonna eat some good food tonight, fudge yeah!" - hahahhaa, that's the silliest fudging thing Iv'e heard in a long time. Thankfully, my wife don't give a fudge about stuff like that.

I feel you, man. Shiiit.

Have you had "sometimes I think that you love Spurs more than me" yet?

Hahaha. She has had times of thinking it is all too silly, but my missus repeatedly told me I have to go. I was wobbling. She couldn't believe it. She actually said she did not want to be a potential reason for my not going!!!!! My daughter's 14th birthday is the day I fly back (2nd) and she said she understood and knew I had to be there.
I will be there, even though I cannot afford it really.
I cannot afford not to be there is the truth.

Well I'm on the opposite side of the coin in this.
I messaged Mr GL this morning to say I'd be looking at booking flights for Madrid as soon as I got home. He replied to say he wouldn't expect anything less. (I did sense a tone of resignation about the whole thing).
Talking about it this evening (explaining how I'm away for 5 nights), he said he was pleased I had managed to get it sorted out but also said if it was West Ham** he wasn't sure he could be bothered going without a ticket, especially on his own. His only concern is that I stay safe.

I think it makes a huge difference (as PaxtonWolf mentioned) that we both follow football so there's no need to explain what something like this means, how enormous the occasion is. We are also I think older than most of you posting here, so doing things separately now is not such an issue as it might have been when we were younger.

**It was a serious conversation so I had to stifle the desire to smirk at the very thought.

Reckon I could do the trip for about 500 quid via Barcelona and then a train (not inc match ticket). Not sure I want to go there without a ticket though, would prefer to watch with mates back in Essex I think (they can’t get out there for various reasons).

Well I'm on the opposite side of the coin in this.
I messaged Mr GL this morning to say I'd be looking at booking flights for Madrid as soon as I got home. He replied to say he wouldn't expect anything less. (I did sense a tone of resignation about the whole thing).
Talking about it this evening (explaining how I'm away for 5 nights), he said he was pleased I had managed to get it sorted out but also said if it was West Ham** he wasn't sure he could be bothered going without a ticket, especially on his own. His only concern is that I stay safe.

I think it makes a huge difference (as PaxtonWolf mentioned) that we both follow football so there's no need to explain what something like this means, how enormous the occasion is. We are also I think older than most of you posting here, so doing things separately now is not such an issue as it might have been when we were younger.

**It was a serious conversation so I had to stifle the desire to smirk at the very thought.
Married a West Ham fan? Oh dear.

Back