1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

We're the Famous Tottenham Hotspur and we're going to Madrid (Travel Thread)

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Glenda's Legs, 9 May 2019.

1. Bullet

Bullet Jimmy McCormick

Get a life. And some perspective. You haven't had a season ticket in the hopes of getting a CL Final ticket.

2. GinolaGinolaGinola

GinolaGinolaGinola Paul Stalteri

Do one Bullet.

3. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Luka Modric

How many points do you have?

4. Ade's folks are ok really

Ade's folks are ok really Wilson Palacios

From his tone, I'm guessing he's on 187 (Lockdown).

Coat.

Gazza likes this.
  5. a spur from swansea

a spur from swansea Gus Poyet

All sorted at last.....flying to malaga,train to madrid,couple of nights air b'n'b,afterwards,Sunday,coach to san sebastian,then to Bordeaux and flying back to Gatwick Monday morning....now to get a ticket hurrahhhhh....

6. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Mate was 189 he just got one, said there was a few left dotted around

7. MKSpur

MKSpur Sergei Rebrov

I wave 189 and got one for me and my mate who I think has a similar amount. There are a few left as I added 5 to my basket for other people in my network but I couldn’t buy them.

Hope the Thomas Cook flight comes through, I guess I must have gained a couple of extra points for all those horrible schleps to Wembley as I can never get an away ticket. 11 years of being a ST holder and when I saw the first cut off point I didn’t think it would happen, feeling incredibly lucky at the mo.

8. superspurs

superspurs Tim Sherwood

Got ours yesterday too, rather relieved that everything should be in place now.

9. lynneb

lynneb Jason Cundy

Got my husbands and his friend’s. If you are going in select number of folk amount and all areas. I got two together- all be it high up

10. markysimmo

upload_2019-5-17_11-17-46.png

Robbo and Hidden like this.
  11. Bullet

Bullet Jimmy McCormick

That is nice, but regardless I reckon 30,000 people would just be swarming onto the trains/trams and piling through in an unstoppable surge of testosterone, sweat and spittle, no ticket inspector is going to stand in the way

thfcsteff likes this.
  12. MKSpur

MKSpur Sergei Rebrov

From what I’ve observed Liverpool fans expect this in every away match they go to.

13. jts1882

jts1882 Chris Armstrong

They probably need to add an explanation for Liverpool fans.

14. markysimmo

EasyJet's chief executive, Johan Lundgren, has defended his airline's high ticket prices to fly to Madrid for the Champions League final between Tottenham and Liverpool on 1 June.

Football fans complained to BBC Radio 5 live that flights around that date cost £1,000 instead of £250 normally.

But Mr Lundgren said the price was higher than average because there had been an "enormous" surge in demand.

"That is actually how the system works," he said.

Mr Lundgren said 42 million people had flown with the airline over the winter season, with 65% of them paying £50 or less.

"The whole pricing picture is very dynamic," he said, adding that at peak booking times, EasyJet could fill a plane in six seconds.

"That's how quickly this goes and this is how the system reacts."

Mr Lundgren added: "I can understand if people think that the prices are high on this occasion, because it is higher than the average.

"But there's no doubt that this was an occasion where the prices went very high because the demand was enormous."

He maintained that in comparison with other airlines, EasyJet was still offering lower prices, despite the huge increase.

What are the options?
    If you want to fly from Liverpool to Madrid on 31 May, it will cost you £750 one-way. There are no flights available on the day of the match itself, while return flights on 2 and 3 June are sold out.

For Spurs fans, EasyJet flights from London Gatwick to Madrid are sold out on 1 June, but seats are still available the day before, at prices ranging from £350 to £750.

All return flights are sold out on 2 June, but evening flights are still available on 3 June, with prices starting at £510.

Seats on early morning flights from London Luton to Madrid on 1 June are selling at £750. Returns on 2 June are sold out, but you could come back on 3 June for £550.

Other airlines are, of course, available. A typical Gatwick-to-Madrid economy fare on British Airways on the morning of 1 June will set you back £709, but that price drops to just £46 for an evening flight - which would get you in too late to see the match.

[​IMG]Image copyright AFP
    Mr Lundgren's comments came after EasyJet reported a loss of £275m in the six months to the end of March, compared with a £68m loss in the same period a year earlier.

The airline said cost per seat had gone up 3.9% due to fuel price increases and the impact of currency movements, while revenue per seat had fallen by 6.3% to £50.71.

Easyjet also said had it suffered from "the impact of drones at Gatwick in December", which it said had cost it £10m.

In April, EasyJet had warned about "weak" summer sales amid Brexit uncertainty.

In its latest results, the carrier said revenue per seat in the second half of the year would be slightly lower.

"This is not helped by the ongoing negative impact of Brexit-related market uncertainty as well as a wider macroeconomic slowdown in Europe," it said

15. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Vedran Corluka

16. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Luka Modric

Anyone had confirmation of a collection date ?

17. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Mauricio Taricco

If I were to guess, I'd say half the required amount.

18. Juicebox

Juicebox Erik Edman

:(

Will have to see if any tickets become available via other routes. Whatever happens I've got a few nights holiday in Spain with the family with the possibility of a day or 2 in Madrid...

19. Hidden

Hidden Stephen Clemence

Got visa successfully, just 2 days after application. Sooo, regardless of getting a ticket to the match, see you there, lads! Any info yet on GG meetings ?

Robbo, AuroRaman and markysimmo like this.
  20. markysimmo

Its done by block, ours is Thursday