• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

Since 2008 and the CC win we have played at Wembley probably over 30 times and still not won a trophy. It's a disgrace and we are a laughing stock yet again.

Since 2008 and the CC win we have played at Wembley probably over 30 times and still not won a trophy. It's a disgrace and we are a laughing stock yet again.

To be fair most of those have been league games and the cup matches when we have not used it as our host stadium have been against teams that would expect to beat us, except Portsmouth.

To be fair most of those have been league games and the cup matches when we have not used it as our host stadium have been against teams that would expect to beat us, except Portsmouth.
I forgot the 'just kidding' emoji. I am aware that you don't get trophies for league games or CL group games or even early rounds of both CC and FA Cups. Just trying to lighten the gloomy mood on here while Sissoko is out injured.

Left the flat at 8.30am this morning and got home at 5.45pm

Not even been on the tinkle either

Such a long journey 2 3/4 hours on the way home to go 50 miles gotta love the North Circular

Its the winter so no trains for me so I have to get the coach

Still we won and the Bovril was nice today

Left the flat at 8.30am this morning and got home at 5.45pm

Not even been on the tinkle either

Such a long journey 2 3/4 hours on the way home to go 50 miles gotta love the North Circular

Its the winter so no trains for me so I have to get the coach

Still we won and the Bovril was nice today
Don't trains run in the winter?

I really hope that is the last time I have to make that journey for a Spurs league game

10 hours out for 90 minutes, 3 1/2 coach journey home, at least we didn't lose

On my line which is the Greater Anglia mainline we have not had weekend trains for getting on for 10 years now
Crossrail works and overhead replacements, alledgedly these are finished at the end March

Trains in from the south coast brighton line have engineering works at least weekends of the year. We are lucky that if we can get to Gatwick we can usually get the Gatwick Express into victoria. Just a fcuker at the end of the evening either having to drive after paying to park at Gatwick or catch a rail replacement bus that takes an age.

Real mixed bag of attendances this season

View attachment 6075
This will change when refunds aren’t offered for every game. You’d probably find a correlation with the scheduling of the game too, Wembley is ok for a Saturday kick off but evenings and Sunday 4pms are less attractive and usually on tv too.
I really hope we find a way to redistribute season tickets for matches the holders don’t fancy, a paid for empty seat is a sad thing for a football club imo.

This will change when refunds aren’t offered for every game. You’d probably find a correlation with the scheduling of the game too, Wembley is ok for a Saturday kick off but evenings and Sunday 4pms are less attractive and usually on tv too.
I really hope we find a way to redistribute season tickets for matches the holders don’t fancy, a paid for empty seat is a sad thing for a football club imo.

There has been in the past, either via Ticket Exchange or Stubhub. Can't see any reason why that would not be possible at NWHL. And iirc it will be possible to transfer a season ticket seat to someone within the ST holders network- not sure if that is in addition to the former or in place of.

Just on the Wembley thing. I know it's not been ideal, but for me, overall, it's not been that bad. Yesterday was tinged with a bit of sadness because I was probably saying goodbye to a few people I may not bump into for a while, if ever. Those of us that have stuck it out in our area have made some really good friends and it's a shame to lose that (everybody was choosing seats in NWHL when we didn't really have that bond, so we're all over the new place).

I get the (relative) hassle people have had getting to Wembley and that has come into sharp focus for me in the recent couple of games. Instead of going to Wembley Central because of time constraints I've tried the Metropolitan Line and Wembley Park and it's a nightmare. Getting in and (surprisingly) out of the station takes for ever and I only lately realise you can't get a beer an hour before kick-off, WTF!?! Never had any of those probs at Wembley Central in/out relatively easily and beer available anytime (you've got to have a beer before the match, "Es la ley!"). Walk to the ground is also a bit more like that from Seven Sisters rather than what I would imagine West Ham have to put up with (Yesterday we even had to negotiate 8,000 kids from "Flame, the largest Catholic youth event in England and Wales" at Wembley Arena. A minor inconvenience for us but I dread to think what they felt like.)

Anyway, bottom line it ain't been that bad.....but, enough already!

Just on the Wembley thing. I know it's not been ideal, but for me, overall, it's not been that bad. Yesterday was tinged with a bit of sadness because I was probably saying goodbye to a few people I may not bump into for a while, if ever. Those of us that have stuck it out in our area have made some really good friends and it's a shame to lose that (everybody was choosing seats in NWHL when we didn't really have that bond, so we're all over the new place).

I get the (relative) hassle people have had getting to Wembley and that has come into sharp focus for me in the recent couple of games. Instead of going to Wembley Central because of time constraints I've tried the Metropolitan Line and Wembley Park and it's a nightmare. Getting in and (surprisingly) out of the station takes for ever and I only lately realise you can't get a beer an hour before kick-off, WTF!?! Never had any of those probs at Wembley Central in/out relatively easily and beer available anytime (you've got to have a beer before the match, "Es la ley!"). Walk to the ground is also a bit more like that from Seven Sisters rather than what I would imagine West Ham have to put up with (Yesterday we even had to negotiate 8,000 kids from "Flame, the largest Catholic youth event in England and Wales" at Wembley Arena. A minor inconvenience for us but I dread to think what they felt like.)

Anyway, bottom line it ain't been that bad.....but, enough already!
Setting aside the extra hassle of travel, Wembley has been brilliant for our family. Not only have we been able to get into many more games - including all of the biggest - but we've also been able to go as a group with friends and their families too.

I fear that getting into games as a group will become much more difficult at NWHL. The capacity is c28k less than Wembley while demand is likely to be greater.

Well i would go and stand on hackney marshes in the tinkling rain to watch our beloved Spurs, Wembley is not home but its not been that bad for travel or access. When i feel bad about being there i think of WHY we are there and what we have to look forward to at our new home.

A year from now, New WHL will be a fortress and everyone will have their routines again, and no one will even remember this inconvenience ...

Back