• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

metalgear

Nayim
Tottenham will find out from Brent Council on March 23 whether they can play all their domestic and European home matches at Wembley next season at full capacity. The current arrangement is for five games to be played at 90,000 and the rest at a reduced 51,000.
Whats the reason for the reduced capacity?

And you've been here for 5 years?
sorry if its a dumb question.
profitability? or fear that we can't fill a stadium?
who decides on away team ticket allocations anyway?
if i were levy I'd go for more than 70K and take the opportunity to test all kinds of ticket pricing, free tickets etc. to get a better understanding of the potential for the new white hart lane.

Tottenham will find out from Brent Council on March 23 whether they can play all their domestic and European home matches at Wembley next season at full capacity. The current arrangement is for five games to be played at 90,000 and the rest at a reduced 51,000.
Congestion to surrounding areas?

if i were levy I'd go for more than 70K and take the opportunity to test all kinds of ticket pricing, free tickets etc. to get a better understanding of the potential for the new white hart lane.

I read somewhere they can only have x number of events in a year at full capacity. Something along those lines.

Som

Local bylaws to protect the residents. I think they've been enshrined since the 20s when the original stadium was built. Same as the ones at Twickenham forbid football being played there.

There's a limit of somewhere-in-the-high-teens number of above 51k capacity events Wembley is allowed to host

That capacity makes sense though

We will not get anywhere near 90000 for most games

i think most people wouldn't have expected us to sell out v Gent either...

if the club price the games right, as they did with Gent, i think we'll do well

It's ok for odd games like that but not when we're playing Hull midweek IMO

Last edited:
It's ok for odd games like that but nit when we're playing Hull midweek IMO
So what kind of number do you think would turn out for a game like that? 62K turned up for the dead tie against CSKA Moscow, that sort of gate would not embarrass us.

Also we have approaching 70k on the W/L for a season ticket so you'd guess a sizeable number of them would be eager to increase their LPs in order to qualify for a ST at the new stadium.

Further, if we are up there competing at the top it wouldn't matter who we were playing on a freezing night in February, the crowds would still roll up in big numbers.

Finally Levy has shown he is very astute at pricing/bundling attractively to catch those who either would not normally bother or are desperate for tickets for the bigger games.

I'm willing to bet we'll break United's all-time record of around 75K for the highest ever home average over a season at any UK ground.

So what kind of number do you think would turn out for a game like that? 62K turned up for the dead tie against CSKA Moscow, that sort of gate would not embarrass us.

Also we have approaching 70k on the W/L for a season ticket so you'd guess a sizeable number of them would be eager to increase their LPs in order to qualify for a ST at the new stadium.

Further, if we are up there competing at the top it wouldn't matter who we were playing on a freezing night in February, the crowds would still roll up in big numbers.

Finally Levy has shown he is very astute at pricing/bundling attractively to catch those who either would not normally bother or are desperate for tickets for the bigger games.

I'm willing to bet we'll break United's all-time record of around 75K for the highest ever home average over a season at any UK ground.

Don't forget that plenty had tickets already brought in advance for CSKA

I'm offloading my season ticket for Wembley if I can as it's an awful venue that drains the atmosphere imo

I just hope we have a decent season there

We played Europa games at white hart lane to about 26000 regularly

The Wembley novelty won't last imo

we'll see - id wager we'll see crowds north of 60k as a minimum, selling out a good 10 league games

Europa crowds were rarely lower than 30k iirc and were never priced with the incentive that we saw with the Gent fixture

we'll see - id wager we'll see crowds north of 60k as a minimum, selling out a good 10 league games

Europa crowds were rarely lower than 30k iirc and were never priced with the incentive that we saw with the Gent fixture

I genuinely how I'm wrong

Be much better to have to play in front of big big crowds

Don't forget that plenty had tickets already brought in advance for CSKA

I'm offloading my season ticket for Wembley if I can as it's an awful venue that drains the atmosphere imo

I just hope we have a decent season there
Indeed. So as mentioned, expect Levy to do similar bundling next season in order to catch those who really only want to attend the biggest games.

My only concern is getting home after the game, along with others like K.D.D.D.D I dread the interminable queues getting back to Wembley Park tube station. But it goes like this, if it's a big game I'll put up with anything, if it's against a minnow the stadium won't be quite so packed so getting back to Wembley Park will be that much easier.

Yeah but we charged about a fiver to get in for Gent. Not sure we'd sell out Wembley for Stoke at home at £38 a ticket.

@Danishfurniturelover has that many restraining orders on his fellow Spurs fans they had to reduce capacity as he always turns up

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Yeah but we charged about a fiver to get in for Gent. Not sure we'd sell out Wembley for Stoke at home at £38 a ticket.

i shouldn't think we would either, which is why i think we'll see pricing for games next season reflect the glamour of the tie

Back