• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welldone to THFC security

Stouty

Louis Saha
My missus and I are having a dirty weekend and our son and daughter are staying at the in-laws a few roads away from the stadium. My son's grandad took my son to see the ground and get some pics from the outside and one of the security guards asked if they would like to pop in and have a look around. They ended up having an hour long tour of the ground!!. Well done that man.

Stop press! Bale out of utd match after violent reaction to bee sting lands him in hospital on respirator!

Defo not mate, always have a very positive outlook on life, its a nice story and nice for the OP's kid but you never know in these times do you

Well unless the OPs son went missing for six weeks whilst on a school trip to the Afghan/Pakistan border, its pretty unlikely he is Al Quaeda

They were patted down and my son had to leave his bag with security so sounds like normal matchday security precautions were taken. was thinking of emailing the club to say what a credit to the club the guard was but, on reflection, best not to.

tbf Marky is technically right - the security guard should never have done that (not just for the extreme of terrorism, but they seriously could have been anyone. or, what if they got injured inside the ground?)

that said, it doesnt mean it right and maybe if more people took the approach of the security guard we could move society to a slightly more open one?

i remember at college 10 years ago, we used to walk to Vicarge Road stadium and eat lunch in there - was open and nice and friendly.

They were patted down and my son had to leave his bag with security so sounds like normal matchday security precautions were taken. was thinking of emailing the club to say what a credit to the club the guard was but, on reflection, best not to.

the kid was told to sit down and stop enjoying himself?

I wrote to Spurs in about 1990 when I was doing my art GCSE and asked if I could visit WHL one day during my summer holidays to do some drawing. They obliged and me and three mates had a total free run of the stadium, all tiers :)

Obviously wouldnt have been allowed on the pitch and we didnt push our luck, the club had been pretty trusting allowing us in.

Whats life coming to when a good deeds get's critiscised. This kind of thing should be applauded. If anything would have happened im sure it would have been on the security guards head. He obviously didnt care so why should anyone else. And yeah considering theres a higher chance of being completely decimated by a bee or dying from the heat than a terrorist attack i really dont think people should get to worried about the prospect. 8)

I'd like to request that this thread be deleted for the sake of this poor SOB's job. If the club find out about him handing out free tours, they'll probably crucify him and claim his first-born.

I'd like to request that this thread be deleted for the sake of this poor SOB's job. If the club find out about him handing out free tours, they'll probably crucify him and claim his first-born.

totally agree. somethings are best left unpublished in this new digitally connected world we live in.

Back