• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welbeck

Why should we buy Welbeck if Poch doesn't really want him?

Thought that was one of the many things Levy does wrong.

We shouldn't. But it's a stretch to go from there to assuming that the money saved on the potential Welbeck deal will actually be spent on a player Poch rates, and not just put into the stadium fund or spunked on three or four players in the 'cheap, not first choice but potentially high resale value' mould.

had we signed Wellbeck Dubai im wondering whether you'd still have it down as not backing the manager as his apparent first choice was Rodriguez?

We shouldn't. But it's a stretch to go from there to assuming that the money saved on the potential Welbeck deal will actually be spent on a player Poch rates, and not just put into the stadium fund or spunked on three or four players in the 'cheap, not first choice but potentially high resale value' mould.

As long as it's not taken out of the club I don't really care too much where it goes. We've got a model that works and we'll probably have to stick with it for a few more years.

We do spend big on individual players, Soldado and Lamela comes to mind and one of them was definitely the manager's top priority.

As long as it's not taken out of the club I don't really care too much where it goes. We've got a model that works and we'll probably have to stick with it for a few more years.

We do spend big on individual players, Soldado and Lamela comes to mind and one of them was definitely the manager's top priority.

As with most of yesterday's snarling back-and-forths, we'll have to agree to disagree on this point. It's not taken out of the club: that's the most I'm willing to concede to Levy. Beyond that, if the aim of our club is to constantly maintain forward progress and to mount a serious challenge for the CL spots every season, then on recent evidence this strategy doesn't help at all.

You can't do what we're trying to do on the cheap, not in this league. I've given up on Levy realising this, and my only hope now is that Poch stays contented here and surmounts the obstacles placed in his way to achieve what we want to see despite the board and despite this summer's serious setbacks.

had we signed Wellbeck Dubai im wondering whether you'd still have it down as not backing the manager as his apparent first choice was Rodriguez?

I would be to a certain degree, despite my appreciation for Welbeck as a player. I look at this sort of thing holistically: did we secure the manager's primary target this summer, making compromises on the rest easier to digest? If we did, a signing like Welbeck becomes more bearable given that we brought in who the manager wanted most without quibbling. If we didn't, then securing another second or third-choice target (however talented) seems a bit less appealing. And ending up without a LWF at all (clearly one of the manager's priorities this summer) as has now happened to us...well, that's even less appealing.

I don't think we'll get either Rodriguez or Schneiderlin in January, or indeed ever. Bigger clubs will gazump us on both the fee and the wages offered to the two, and their ardent desire to join Poch at this club won't be nearly as strong by then as their desire to just secure 150k-200k a week at Arsenal, Chelsea, United or Liverpool and get the hell outta St.Mary's. Our chance was this summer, and we blew it. So we'll end up searching for second-choice targets anyway, which is frustrating.

Ah, screw it. Both this board and the folks over at the Fighting **** saw the heights of fan discontent at Levy and co.'s transfer policy yesterday, and today seems like just the gloomy aftermath of that. It's still simmering under the surface, but I'd rather just forget about the possibility of Levy backing any of our managers from now on and just focus on appreciating the job Poch does with the tools that he has got. I hoped otherwise, that this summer would see a change when it came to Levy backing his new men. I was a fool to think that. Life goes on, and it won't dampen my support for the elements of this club that aren't Daniel Levy's transfer policy and managerial relationships.

wellback will get more goals at arsenal than yanited simply becasue of supply lines.

all he needs to do is a "giroud" - get in front of the defender to tap it in.

I don't think we'll get either Rodriguez or Schneiderlin in January, or indeed ever. Bigger clubs will gazump us on both the fee and the wages offered to the two, and their ardent desire to join Poch at this club won't be nearly as strong by then as their desire to just secure 150k-200k a week at Arsenal, Chelsea, United or Liverpool and get the hell outta St.Mary's. Our chance was this summer, and we blew it. So we'll end up searching for second-choice targets anyway, which is frustrating.

Ah, screw it. Both this board and the folks over at the Fighting **** saw the heights of fan discontent at Levy and co.'s transfer policy yesterday, and today seems like just the gloomy aftermath of that. It's still simmering under the surface, but I'd rather just forget about the possibility of Levy backing any of our managers from now on and just focus on appreciating the job Poch does with the tools that he has got. I hoped otherwise, that this summer would see a change when it came to Levy backing his new men. I was a fool to think that. Life goes on, and it won't dampen my support for the elements of this club that aren't Daniel Levy's transfer policy and managerial relationships.

Mate, its not that simple (or maybe it is)

- We can't outspend ANY of Pool/Scum/Cheat$ki/City/Manure
- Why would any sane Chairman attempt to? to appease the internet warriors?
- Manure spent (someone quoted it) a Net spend in this window almost equal to Spurs net spend for the PL era
- they are paying Falcao 300K+/week, and idiots at Sky are saying Manure still has pulling power, yeah as much pulling power/game as I have when I pay a hooker.

MS & JR were not worth the money (if Southampton would even have considered it no matter what), and if they were, if we can't afford it, we can't afford it.

Mate, its not that simple (or maybe it is)

- We can't outspend ANY of Pool/Scum/Cheat$ki/City/Manure
- Why would any sane Chairman attempt to? to appease the internet warriors?
- Manure spent (someone quoted it) a Net spend in this window almost equal to Spurs net spend for the PL era
- they are paying Falcao 300K+/week, and idiots at Sky are saying Manure still has pulling power, yeah as much pulling power/game as I have when I pay a hooker.

MS & JR were not worth the money (if Southampton would even have considered it no matter what), and if they were, if we can't afford it, we can't afford it.

:lol:

Back